UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I have gotten re-addicted!

MST3KFan

Man, it's been ages since I was last here looking up stuff about minimates.

I have been out of the game for a long time now, feeling trying to get a number of Marvel Minimates while we still had Marvel Legends figures around was kind of a lot of money to spend. So I gave up collecting Marvel Minimates and kept going with Legends...until Hasbro basically mucked it up with store exclusives and put it on 'hiatus'.

Now they have this Marvel Universe stuff, which is G.I.Joe sized. I tried to get into that, but I just really don't like the figures. They seem kinda...cheaply made and not all that good looking to me.

So I was going through my box of figures stored away recently and stumbled onto my collection of Marvel Minimates in a X-Men Darktide box. And recalled how cool these little guys were and recalled these are still going. I saw online recently the showings of the upcoming wave involving Deadpool, Gambit, Psylocke, and Sabretooth. And even stumbled upon the newest waves of MM at TRU Monday morning. A newer better Doctor Doom with a new Hulk, Jim Lee style Magneto with Wolverine and Spider-Man with Green Goblin, Wonder Man and Union Jack, and a movie Punisher and Jigsaw... Looking them over and thinking about it for a time, I decided to jump back into collecting these little guys and bought the Doom/Hulk, Wolverine/Magneto, and Spider-Man/Green Goblin sets.

These have improved in my mind wuite a lot since the early days, more like the DC Minimates (which I collected up to its sad end) More details on the figures' outfits and looks. I love how the new Spider-Man resembles the version of him used in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon kinda, and has his mask removeable.

Anyway, these guys have me hooked again. With my desire to have Marvel guys to collect, and the much easier to swallow price tag ($7 for 2 figures versus $8-9 for one MU figure) Yeah, I'm back on trying to get these guys.

Sad thing is, I have a LOT to try and get between the time I was collecting and when I stopped. Not including variants of the same characters I have 40 MM right now.

hah! You fell off the wagon! :D

Welcome back to the addiction MST3Kfan. Enjoy collecting all those missing 'mates.

Yeah. That's gonna be the tricky part on some of them since they seem to go for insane prices. >_O

I admit I'm a Minimate addict as well but I still haven't figured out how to get the figures in a syringe and down the needle. The arms and legs keep getting stuck in the tube.

Welcome back and I'm sure you will catch up with the figures you need with patience.

It's good to have another person in the addiction :)

When did you stop collecting them?

Well, the last newest ones I got were the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch, Thor/Loki, and She-Hulk/Wonder Man sets. Of course, I was initially only collecting figures here and there too at the time. Mostly characters I wanted more so and not variants of the same person.

With the wave that has Deadpool, Sabretooth, Gambit, Psylocke, a better yellow costume Wolverine, and a Skrull in it coming as well, I HAD to get back into it. They're all in the outfits I grew up enjoying seeing in X-Men back in the 90s (aka Jim Lee era, or animated X-Men era)

If Minimates makes a Jim Lee era Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Professor X, Beast, Rogue, and Colossus next, either as a wave or box set, I would gladly sell ALL my Marvel Legends off, because I have wanted to see a complete 90s X-Men in ANY figure form forever since the old 5 inch Toy Biz days. Marvel Legends failed on that, and I'm not liking Marvel Universe, so... Come on, Minimates!

I'm working now on getting what I've missed and have a few of the past waves including some of the special box sets (Avengers and Secret Invasion) coming in the mail.

One that eludes me is the War Machine 2-pack. First off, why they chose to make Rhodes the variant versus Tony... >_O

Anyway, I look forward to getting back into this stuff again. Much beter for my wallet and space in my room as well.

Wave 28 has brought me back as well. I'm more of an X-men fanatic and seeing this new wave has gotten me on the hunt for more of the older X-Men minimates. If only I could get my hands on a Nightcrawler, i've searched so hard. Anyhow I already pre-ordered wave 28 and i can't wait. I wish more obscure X-Men would be produced!

Oh, yeah.

The addiction is back indeed. My order from Sci-Fi (the store not the channel) came today. Secret Invasion and Avengers box sets as well as Ms. Marvel/Ultron and Havok/Polaris.

The Avengers one is really awesome. All the stuff included to make different outfits for Wasp and switch between Giant-Man and Ant-Man.

Oh, yeah.

The addiction is back indeed. My order from Sci-Fi (the store not the channel) came today. Secret Invasion and Avengers box sets as well as Ms. Marvel/Ultron and Havok/Polaris.

The Avengers one is really awesome. All the stuff included to make different outfits for Wasp and switch between Giant-Man and Ant-Man.

The Ms Marvel/Ultron 2 pack, along with the Spiderman/Mysterio 2-packs are what have made me start collecting outside the X-Men. I've been on a binge recently & spent bit over $120 getting some older Minimates - so i know the joy/pain of trying to find the older sets. It's hell tracking them down - but exciting as all hell when you DO stumble across them.

The Upcoming X-Men wave (i refuse to call it a wolverine wave) Is gonna tick off so many wish-list characters. and yet i'm Still begging for more. :blink:

The Ms Marvel/Ultron 2 pack, along with the Spiderman/Mysterio 2-packs are what have made me start collecting outside the X-Men. I've been on a binge recently & spent bit over $120 getting some older Minimates - so i know the joy/pain of trying to find the older sets. It's hell tracking them down - but exciting as all hell when you DO stumble across them.

The Upcoming X-Men wave (i refuse to call it a wolverine wave) Is gonna tick off so many wish-list characters. and yet i'm Still begging for more. :blink:

I'm doing pretty much a similar thing here in the binge spending money on the minimates. Yesterday I bought a Defenders set, the entire wave of the previous TRU MM (Kraven, Shocker, Venom, etc), Nova/Gamora, and Hawkeye/Vision online.

The ones that really are the hard to find ones seem to be more of the older ones. I've been trying in particular to get the early X-Men... Nightcrawler, Storm, Colossus from the X-Men box set (I got Wolverine and Cyclops already) Rogue (got Mystique), and Professor X.

My wishlist for future minimates also includes X-Men characters... The wave with Deadpool, Gambit, and the others is a good start to help further Jim Lee-era/early 90s X-Men, which is th era I grew up on and I would LOVE to see Jim Lee style versions of Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Banshee, and Rogue to complete the Blue and Gold teams. (We already have a good Iceman and Archangel)

I collect other toylines, but they're either going to be dead for movie lines (Tranformers and G.I.Joe), or are not releasing anything new yet (DC Universe Classics).

Edited by MST3KFan

You should really check out the Flea Martket thread. A member named Are-Jay is selling that Rogue minimate that you want for 4 bucks. I just bought a handfull of minimates from him really cheap! Nightcrawler is the one I'm having trouble finding, I would like to have the Colossus from the GSXM set but for now, the Astonishing Colossus will do!

NOOOOOO!!! Curse the TRU Minimates! I saw them a couple days ago while innocently looking at the Mighty Muggs and I broke down and bought the Goblin and Spidey pack. They are just so perfect! Oh man, I can't believe I fell back into this! I had been clean and sober for a long time, and all it took was that one moment of weakness and I'm hooked again.

For those of you who don't know me, I was one of the biggest collectors of Minimates from the start. I had all of the original 3" mates, and at one time I had at least two of each Marvel Minimate plus all the different package variants I could get. I even had a Gold Spidey at one point.

I got rid of most of my mates, keeping only my Batman Minimate, my BomberMate, and a few other common mates. I've spent a little over $100 in the last two days on Minimates, and I'll be spending a lot more. I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm not going the completist route this time around, but I'm going to be buying all the Mates I like, and there are a fair amount of them to hunt.

I can't believe I'm doing this again. :)

You should really check out the Flea Martket thread. A member named Are-Jay is selling that Rogue minimate that you want for 4 bucks. I just bought a handfull of minimates from him really cheap! Nightcrawler is the one I'm having trouble finding, I would like to have the Colossus from the GSXM set but for now, the Astonishing Colossus will do!

Oh, yeah. I got a few characters off of him already coming. Cloak, Dagger, Archangel, Apocalypse, and Bullseye. I figured that was enough for now. Though with the Rogue as well, I wish they could have included her jacket and stuff. She could definitely use a re-do like MM gives to characters like Hulk, Captain America, etc...

Back when I was still active on collecting MM the first time, I almost got a Nightcrawler in a trade on here, but the person I was trading with wanted a couple of Transformers of mine to trade for him. I think that is what helped make me think on, and quit Minimates when I did.

Come on Art Asylum...re-release Nightcrawler... It can be re-made in modern form even since it's not much of a change in appearance, but please we need Nightcrawler back.

NOOOOOO!!! Curse the TRU Minimates! I saw them a couple days ago while innocently looking at the Mighty Muggs and I broke down and bought the Goblin and Spidey pack. They are just so perfect! Oh man, I can't believe I fell back into this! I had been clean and sober for a long time, and all it took was that one moment of weakness and I'm hooked again.

For those of you who don't know me, I was one of the biggest collectors of Minimates from the start. I had all of the original 3" mates, and at one time I had at least two of each Marvel Minimate plus all the different package variants I could get. I even had a Gold Spidey at one point.

I got rid of most of my mates, keeping only my Batman Minimate, my BomberMate, and a few other common mates. I've spent a little over $100 in the last two days on Minimates, and I'll be spending a lot more. I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'm not going the completist route this time around, but I'm going to be buying all the Mates I like, and there are a fair amount of them to hunt.

I can't believe I'm doing this again. :)

Welcome to my world. That's pretty much exactly how I got re-hooked. The TRU minimates. Though I fortunately hadn't sold all of mine when I had quit collecting them.

I still have all of my DC Minimates, Star Trek Minimates, and Marvel Minimates.

Seriously, though when you look on it, the Minimates are still cheaper then Hasbro's Marvel Universe, and in some cases, more poseable. LOL

Update: I already got the Hawkeye/Vision 2-pack from the vendor I bought it off of from eBay. Basically the cost of a 2-pack at TRU including the shipping. The funny part is, I ordered the classic Vision/Hawkeye 2-pack and they sent me the modern (Young Avengers) Vision/Hawkeye variant 2-pack.

Edited by MST3KFan

I have also been re-addicted twice now. I originally had waves 1-6 and all the variants and exclusives. When I got married I sold them all in a lot on ebay. I started buying them again at wave 16, and ended up rebuying many of the figures I had sold. I stopped buying them again right before the iron man movie minimates came out, until I saw the new wave at TRU. Over the past week I've ordered waves 21, 23, and 24, along with most of the box sets and I bought all the TRU packs. My biggest regret is missing the TRU stealth iron man 2 -pack, and the few originals that I didn't rebuy, like the giant sized x-men set, stealth iron man variant, and the power man and Iron fist pack.

I just received the Secret Invasion Box Set in the mail today and WOW. The detail in these latest minimates is awesome. The Phoenix Minimate has very detailed Hair and so does the First Appearance Wolverine. I'm anxious to get my hands on these newer sets coming out soon. I'm just gonna have to get the Champions Box Set!!!

More Minimates arrived today.

The Defenders box set

Nova/Gamora

Classic Spidey/Shocker

Back in Black Spidey/Kraven

Cosmic Spidey/Transformation Venom

Nova...dang is he awesome. The add-ons for his armor and stuff remind me of the amazing detailing of the DC minimates...may it rest in peace.

The best one though of these guys...is the Transformation Venom. He is by far the most awesome of them. A head with two sides to it showing an insane Eddie Brock on one side and evil grinning version on the other. A removeable Powerhouse chest piece showing Eddie's body being tranformed into Venom underneath, an extra torso cover made to look like a hooded jacket in black for Eddie, and three sets of hands (normal, clawed, and long fingered hands).

All it would need to complete it is an alternate Venom head with tongue, but with all the extras already included, it's great already.

I look over my list of minimates and while I've been increasing my collection...I still have a lot to get here.

The hardest ones I think to get will be...

Power Man

Iron Fist

Nightcrawler

Professor X

War Machine (Rhodes variant)

The hardest ones I think to get will be...

Power Man

Iron Fist

Nightcrawler

Professor X

War Machine (Rhodes variant)

Professor X has actually had 3 released, so he *might* not be that hard to find. It depends on which version you want. I think the Blue Suited one that was released as a 2-pack with Phoenix? (Correct me if i'm wrong) will be the hardest to find. Next hardest will be the Original release which came with the Cerebro unit. The 4-Pack version, which was the Tan suit & no helmut is fairly common. I'll keep an eye out & see if any show up here. I'm still trying to get Iron fist & the War Machine variant myself :thumbsup:

To make things even trickier, the blue-suit Professor X was a Target-exclusive variant I think, which explains why he exists in such limited quantities. I was actually lucky enough to score the blue-suit Prof X/Dark Phoenix pack from another collector here who was selling off his Minimate collection (:()

Iron Fist, Nightcrawler and the Rhodes War Machine though... yup, I'll be having a field day tracking those down as well. <_< At least you're not aiming for the X-Men: Last Stand wave though, right? Right?