UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel Box Set Poll: Finals!

Bob Harris

Vote on your most desired box set now! (Please read instructions first!)  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which Marvel 4-pack do you want to see AFX pursue in the future?

• AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Weapon X, Cyclops
    • AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Holocaust, Sunfire
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Aurora, Northstar
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Black Knight
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Tigra
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Super Adaption
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Mockingbird, Yellowjacket
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Black Knight, Hellcat
    • DARK AVENGERS - Iron Patriot, Moonstone, Noh-Varr, Ares
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Meggan
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Maximus the Mad
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Crystal, Lockjaw, Karnak, Green Quicksilver
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, Moonstone, Mr. Hyde
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, The Black Knight, Enchantress
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Doc Oc
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Scorpion
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Songbird, Mach IV
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Venom
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Songbird
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Venom, Green Goblin, Bullseye
    • VILLAINS, IRON MAN - Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, the Ghost
    • WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver, Thunderball
    • X-MEN, 90's - Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Omega Red
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Hawkeye
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Iron Lad
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Stature
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Vision 2.0
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Kang

It's a shame the two different Excalibur lineups are splitting the vote like that. They'd be tied for first if the team just had one slot in the poll. Plus, I find it hard to believe that Nightcrawler is a total dealbreaker for the Excalibur fans who voted for the Meggan set (and vice versa)...

Has any consideration been given to consolidating the votes for these two nearly-identical lineups?

Well - at the moment, It's a Tie between Excalibur & The Sinister Foes of Spider man.

Bob Harris set the rules about voting thusly:

How are votes counted on box sets with multiple character configurations?

Since there are technical problems otherwise and I don't want to come up with a third poll, here is how those ones will be counted: If you love to see a box set with several character arrangements being minimaterized, just vote on your favorite roster. At the end all votes on a box set's main theme (written in capital letters, i.e. INHUMANS) will be summated to give this theme an overall score. If for instance the Inhumans will receive 3 votes on each of their 6 character configurations, Inhumans in general will be regarded as having 18 votes. That is the score which decides whether they are in the top5 in the end or not.

As for the Excalibur choices: We still need a Cap B, and a Rachel Summers, not to mention an old-school Shadowcat. No-one will boycott the BoxSet (assuming it gets made) for having Nightcrawler over Meggan, But she would be the 'Jewel' or 'Thunderbird' of the set: the character that wouldn't get made on her own, so it'd be a shame to have her knocked out of the set to make way for a 3rd release of Nightcrawler (who will quite likely get a re-vamped 'Mate in the future anyway).

*Vote #1 Meggan*

*Meggan for President*

*Meggan = No.1 MILF*

*Make Mine Meggan*

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame the two different Excalibur lineups are splitting the vote like that. They'd be tied for first if the team just had one slot in the poll. Plus, I find it hard to believe that Nightcrawler is a total dealbreaker for the Excalibur fans who voted for the Meggan set (and vice versa)...

Has any consideration been given to consolidating the votes for these two nearly-identical lineups?

That's a well-considered thought, and whoever came up with the rules for this poll should have meditated that...

Anyway, I never thought that Excalibur will make it to the top of our top5 list! But we should start think about possibilities on what to do with that Kurt/Meggan tie. I don't see the need for another poll just to figure that out. I'd suggest to leave that decision to chance. :ohmy: Like, for instance, the fifth PM I receive with either Meggan or Nightcrawler as message title will determine which Excalibur roster we'll send to AFX?

Maybe we there won't be a tie in the end, but I'm open for ideas on that. :geek:

I'd support you without hesitating Minifiend, but the Wrecking Crew already is in our top5 list.

If one of the voters who voted on Excalibur wanted to change their votes between teams, would you take that into account?

Might be a possibility to exclusively ask those who voted on the Excalibur box set what they prefer to see since a tie isn't possible. But what if there are two willing to change? On formerly voting on Meggan the other one on Kurt? :blink:

But it might be a possibility. We should keep that in mind.

Are you able to see who voted for Excalibur?

Or will be based on an honour system?

*Meggan or Death*

*They can take away our lives, but they will never take . . . our MEGGAN!*

Edited by Nessex

OH NO!

At the 11th hour, The Sinister Foes of Spiderman has snuck ahead!

Seventeen?

Seventeen?!

CURSE YOU, SPIDERMAN!!!! :P

(I honestly can't tell if this is sad or excessively paranoid. AFX or no AFX, if these are Spidey's most iconic villains then surely they're bound to be released eventu- Oh right, DST. <_<)

(edit: Even my post has been pummelled to redundant submission :huh: )

Edited by NorthRaider

That's it citizens of the Multiverse. The moment you've all be waiting for since trying to narrow the field and voting on the first poll. Here are the official unofficial Marvel Boxed Set Suggestions:

#1 SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture and Scorpion

#2 EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat and ?!?

#3 WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver and Thunderball

#3 AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Mockingbird and Yellowjacket

#5 INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak and Gorgon

So what's next?

To deliver a statement as powerful as possible, we are all sending AFX the same top 5 individually.

Since I'm not that familiar with AFX, would somebody be so kind to post the email-address those list should be send to?

That's it folks, thanks for participating and making that whole thing an exciting and nerdish funny thing!

BUT WAIT:

EXCALIBUR? KURT? MEGGAN? Who will be in the final roster?

I'd say - to make it as easy as possible and to get the final character configuration as fast as possible as well -

everybody who voted on any of those two Excalibur box sets, please PM (private message) me saying either:

"I still want Nightcrawler!",

"We need to get Meggan in there" or

"I just want Captain Britain; give me Kurt or Meggan I don't care. I'm already all smiles!"

TODAY!

As soon as I have all 16 PM or time's up I'm going to announce the final Excalibur roster and we are able to send our wishlists to AFX. :yes: So, please be patient with sending out the list until then.

Thanks.

Edited by Bob Harris

Awesome work Bob.

Thanx for putting in the effort to make this all happen.

Even if none of these box-sets do get made, wish-listing is half the fun of collecting.

In case you hadn't guessed - I'm sticking with Meggan for the Excalibur BoxSet. I know i've been a bit vague about who i'd prefer up till now, but i have finally settled on Mrs Britain.

Thanks again Bob.

So Wrecking Crew and Avengers are tied for first third, eh? Was never really that familiar with the former, but the latter I believe might still *happen* even without AFX's magical intervention (read: Wave 29-30 and/or beyond :woot:)

Excalibur, I can definitely get behind. Long live the Queen!

Sinister Six........... ehhhhhhhhhhhh (see my last post above)

And (two-thirds* of) the Inhumans made it? Awesome!

As for forwarding our collective picks to AFX, I guess we can either try posting in the original blog post that mentioned the Choose-Your-Own-Exclusive or just use their regular e-mail address, which is bound to be on the site somewhere. I only wonder how kindly they'll take to dozens of us wacky block figure fans flooding their servers purely on the basis of wishful thinking. ;)

... now can we please somehow convince Shane to spill the beans on this?

*Because Maximus is insane and Lockjaw is "never gonna happen" (:()

Edited by NorthRaider

Sehhhhhhhhhhhhnister Six Four are on first place and the Wrecking Crew and Avengers are tied for third.

Anyway.

I guess using an Email to submit our wishlists is somehow more appropriate I guess.

And regarding Shane's hint, I guess he referred to the Dark Avengers.

Or wasn't he?

Wasn't he?

:ohmy:

Gah, I did get that order mixed up, didn't I? And I can't believe I didn't even figure out that DA hint! Dagnabbit, I must be having another one of those nigh-incoherent days weeks again. :ermm:

(To keep this post on topic) The Excalibur stalemate. What I'd probably do in this situation is to type out the lineup in my e-mail like this:

Excalibur

Captain Britain

Phoenix

Shadowcat

updated Nightcrawler OR Meggan

This would probably be the more convenient (albeit less sophisticated) way to alert DST/AFX of the fact that there's a demand for both Kurt and Meggan as minimates.

Times up for voting on the final Excalibur roster.

9 people did respond to my request and astonishing 6 voted on Meggan, one single member on Nightcrawler and two were offering to go with the majority to make a decision easier.

So that's officially it:

#1 (SINISTER SIX) SINISTER FOES OF SPIDERMAN - Electro, Lizard, Vulture and Scorpion

#2 EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat and Meggan

To deliver the strongest statement possible, please send this Marvel Box Set suggestion list to AFX. As far as I know, this should be their email: cs@shopafx.com

Thanks again for participaiting, it was great fun!

:D

Edited by Bob Harris

Times up for voting on the final Excalibur roster.

9 people did respond to my request and astonishing 6 voted on Meggan, one single member on Nightcrawler and two were offering to go with the majority to make a decision easier.

So that's officially it:

#1 SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture and Scorpion

#2 EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat and Meggan

To deliver the strongest statement possible, please send this Marvel Box Set suggestion list to AFX. As far as I know, this should be their email: cs@shopafx.com

Thanks again for participaiting, it was great fun!

:D

I know it Sinister 6 that won and that we have mates of the members not in the vote but wouldn't it confuse the poor AFXr when you say the top vote was for a Sinister 6 box with 4 figures. It maybe a little kinder to change the name to some thing like "Spidey Villains"