UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Crazy toycollector hijacks Minimatesdatabase!

Did you all see that:

www.minimatesdatabase.com

(Notice the "s" inbetween minimate and database!)

:ohmy:

Minimates Database? Are you kidding me? You like Minimates, are you mental? Kubricks are so much better. Better looking, better licenses, just plain better. Kubrick collectors are smarter too. They know that when you buy a domain name, you should also buy variations on that name so you don't get some smartass confusing people who are searching for your site. See below for other reasons why Kubricks are better.
Edited by Bob Harris

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm convinced. I'll be selling all my Minimates now for mere pennies, as clearly they are pathetic. Who would have thought I could be so easily swayed by someone who spells it Emporer?

I might be wrong but this has Ivan written all over it.....I hope!

Thought about that in the first place, but I don't think so. (Ivan?) I mean that guy has this funny Darth Vader running gag that put a smile on my face and he (or she?!?!) introduces himself as a smartass, but it's somehow not very polite to do so. Or is it? (Ivan?)

Yes, you should just openly insult collectors of other lines. Don't be subtle about it.

What do you and your inbred looking, retarded toys think BHM?

I should send you some Kubricks and get you "hooked" just so you can eat those words (because, similar to Minimates, they are quite an addiction, albeit a much more expensive one). Kubrick collectors, of course, say similar things about Minimates. I don't blame the ignorance of either side, but it is always unfortunate when such behavior manifests itself :( .

I have to admit I've got a few Mez Itz, only because of the brands they carry. I could give them up in a heartbeat (if they were worth anything). But even they have a certain proper proportion to them. Kubricks just look too disfigured to me. I'd love to like them (specifically because of the Lost ones) but it just doesn't appeal to me (no matter what minimatesdatabase says about them).

... And now it's all about Mighty Muggs! :blink:

EDIT: Freaky that I recognized the KAWS Kubrick (Mr. "sweater-wearing dead guy with croissants stuck to the side of his skull")

Edited by NorthRaider

... And now it's all about Mighty Muggs! :blink:

OK, now this site turns out to be real fun! It's a pretty clever idea to come up with all different types of iconic addictive collector's items and compare them in a wacky way to minimates. That must be Ivan! :yes:

(Tried to check how both sites name the images. Regular MMDB uses numbers (i.e. fig0412flg.jpg), the new MMsDB uses words (i.e. baroness.thumb.jpg). No clue here. Possibly proposition. Must investigate further. Hurm.)

Edited by Bob Harris