UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ideas for Ghostbusters C3

So there's already been some ideas for Ghostbusters C3. I know the chances of this happening are literally zero but it's nice to dream and bounce ideas around.

So, what would you like to see?

Obviously an ECTO-1 for all the Ghostbusters to ride in.

How about my fave idea, a yellow cab with skeleton driver?

As for playsets, a library playset with a feature where you could move the books would be great.

A rooftop playset with Gozer...

The possibilities... oh the sweet, sweet possibilities!

I'm just going to throw this out there:

I think everyone should be super stoked and buy lots of these when the come out, but we probably shouldn't get too attached. I really can't see these running longer than a couple box sets (or waves?), and I'd hate to see everyone get all heartbroken a la BSG when they don't get their figures of the Sedgewick Hotel Maitre d', or the Rich Lady Whose Fur Coat Comes To Life and Tries To Eat Her.

I'm just going to throw this out there:

I think everyone should be super stoked and buy lots of these when the come out, but we probably shouldn't get too attached. I really can't see these running longer than a couple box sets (or waves?), and I'd hate to see everyone get all heartbroken a la BSG when they don't get their figures of the Sedgewick Hotel Maitre d', or the Rich Lady Whose Fur Coat Comes To Life and Tries To Eat Her.

I have no expectation that we will see anything other than a few 'mates. Danny pointed out that the chances of this happening is right around zero, and I think everyone is pretty comfortable with that. This is just fun dreaming. DST hasn't said we should expect anything.

BSG, on the other hand, still has some pretty crucial characters that have been shown and, right now at least, have a pretty slim chance of getting released. That burns.

BSG, on the other hand, still has some pretty crucial characters that have been shown and, right now at least, have a pretty slim chance of getting released. That burns.

Not to hijack the thread but I spoke with a Diamond Rep an NYCC and he told me that BSG is not canceled. They are reconfiguring the waves and we WILL get the Final Five.

Now, that being said, I think Ghostbusters will go about three waves. Well get The four Busters,Rick Moranis as The Key Master and as the dog, Sigourney Weaver, Gate Keeper and normal, Gozer, Slimer, maybe Anne Potts and a civie (or slimed?) Peter. Beyond that I cant imagine what they'll do unless they tap GBII in which case well get Vigo. Either way I'm there these are going to be great. Just think of the accessories!

Not to hijack the thread but I spoke with a Diamond Rep an NYCC and he told me that BSG is not canceled. They are reconfiguring the waves and we WILL get the Final Five.

Now, that being said, I think Ghostbusters will go about three waves. Well get The four Busters,Rick Moranis as The Key Master and as the dog, Sigourney Weaver, Gate Keeper and normal, Gozer, Slimer, maybe Anne Potts and a civie (or slimed?) Peter. Beyond that I cant imagine what they'll do unless they tap GBII in which case well get Vigo. Either way I'm there these are going to be great. Just think of the accessories!

Yes,yes, and yes!!! Time to start looking for that diecast 1:24 Ecto-1 I seem to recall being produced. Looks like I'll be able to finally use that old Imaginext Firehouse that I rat-holed a few years ago before I started using LEGO and MegaBloks for dios (thanks to C3 feet becoming the norm). Wheeee...there is a method to my madness!!

C3? No need, there's already better stuff out there.

Edited by cdubya

Three waves? I'd be suprised if it goes on one wave. Ghostbusters seems more like a "1 or 2 boxsets" kind of thing. We get one boxset with two ghostbusters and two ghosts. We get another with two ghostbusters and two ghosts.

I don't believe we have yet seen a single movie yield more than 1 box set, but I'm betting that DST milks this license for all it is worth. So, wouldn't be surprised to see 3 box sets based on the one movie, plus some exclusive 2-packs for good measure (Dana's house inspector Venkman/"regular" Dana pack; regular Louis with Colander hat/lab coat Egon pack; etc.)