UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

music...and you...

entertheninja!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd share something that happened to me.

The other night, the station I always listen to had some talk program going so I scanned through the channels for awhile. I stopped on what I thought was another station I listen to sometimes. The song on had a nice beat and even though it was a little pop-ier than I normally like I found myself liking it anyway. When it was over, I found out I had been enjoying Radio Disney. I got that feeling like when guys think some woman is hot, only to find out she's a dude. I threw up in my mouth a little.

Cut to last night. Same situation, flipping through channels, find one that sounds pretty good, ends up I'm on Radio Disney again. And sadly, I think it was the same song.

Edited by groundhog7s

Hehe. Disney Radio. Heh.

My most recent purchases have been U2, Sigur Ros, and Rockabye Baby Queen. Rockabye Baby is lullaby renditions of various rock bands. They have the Beatles, Queen, U2, AC/DC, the Rolling Stones, the Pixies, the Ramones, the Cure, and much, much more. We bought a few albums for the little guy, but I have to admit, it's great stress relief during rush hour.

I thought I'd share something that happened to me.

The other night, the station I always listen to had some talk program going so I scanned through the channels for awhile. I stopped on what I thought was another station I listen to sometimes. The song on had a nice beat and even though it was a little pop-ier than I normally like I found myself liking it anyway. When it was over, I found out I had been enjoying Radio Disney. I got that feeling like when guys think some woman is hot, only to find out she's a dude. I threw up in my mouth a little.

Cut to last night. Same situation, flipping through channels, find one that sounds pretty good, ends up I'm on Radio Disney again. And sadly, I think it was the same song.

... dare I ask what the song was? :ermm:

I seem to be having a similar situation with

Lady Gaga

lately* :blink:

*Hey, the songs are catchy!

Hehe. Disney Radio. Heh.

My most recent purchases have been U2, Sigur Ros, and Rockabye Baby Queen. Rockabye Baby is lullaby renditions of various rock bands. They have the Beatles, Queen, U2, AC/DC, the Rolling Stones, the Pixies, the Ramones, the Cure, and much, much more. We bought a few albums for the little guy, but I have to admit, it's great stress relief during rush hour.

Turtle, glad to see another Sigur Ros fan. I really, really love their music. And those Rockabye songs reminded me a little of a wonderful band from Sweden who covers great rock songs in a very calmed down lounge way. It is very funny but also very nice to listen to. Tehy are called Hellsongs.

... dare I ask what the song was? :ermm:

I seem to be having a similar situation with

Lady Gaga

lately* :blink:

Oddly enough, I woke up this morning with a Lady Gaga song stuck in my head I heard last night (and I've only heard the song once or twice). Yuck!

I don't know what song I heard, but it was by Selena Gomez. Yeah, it wasn't bad enough it was a Radio Disney song, but it was a Radio Disney song done by a teen with a Disney Channel show. I'm so embarrassed. :blush:

Edited by groundhog7s

Hehe. Disney Radio. Heh.

Turtle, glad to see another Sigur Ros fan. I really, really love their music. And those Rockabye songs reminded me a little of a wonderful band from Sweden who covers great rock songs in a very calmed down lounge way. It is very funny but also very nice to listen to. Tehy are called Hellsongs.

Sigur Ros is great. I only wish I could pronounce more than just the band name. Thanks for the introduction to Hellsongs. I dig.

Yeah, it wasn't bad enough it was a Radio Disney song, but it was a Radio Disney song done by a teen with a Disney Channel show. I'm so embarrassed. :blush:

Feed the machine, Granny, feed the machine.

Musically I'm a little all over the place, but if you ask my wife it's classic country and 80's music :P I've been listening to alot of Last.FM on XB Live and it's interesting the suggestions I get based on the group I pick. I have to assume that some of the recommendations are artists they influenced since some of the music is out of the era of some artists.

Hehe. Disney Radio. Heh.

My 2 year old has a little mp3 radio that's made for kids that is filled with Rockabye Beatles, Green Day, The Ramones, U2, and The Pixies. I am thinking of getting the Aerosmith, Nirvana, and Coldplay for her as well.

My teacher has a bunch of those Rockabye Baby CD's. I know it's a bit odd but I listened to some samples of them on Itunes the other day and it sounds awesome! I listened to Clocks by Coldplay and they do a damn good job! I also should mention the upcoming release of the Beastie Boys' next album which is dropping any month now! First quarter of 2010 I think. They delayed it a tad cos MCA got lymph node cancer but he's better now.

I hinted at it last post but I REALLY am getting into the Beastie Boys. They are friggin geniuses! Even though some of their rhymes suck, they still come out on top because of their sick beats. listen to Intergalactic right now...tell me it is not epic.

I hinted at it last post but I REALLY am getting into the Beastie Boys. They are friggin geniuses! Even though some of their rhymes suck, they still come out on top because of their sick beats. listen to Intergalactic right now...tell me it is not epic.

Their early hardcore stuff is great.