UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Upcoming Movies You Want To See

Jatta Pake

I'm looking forward to the following:

Valkyrie - Not a big Cruise fan but the movie looks visually stunning.

Defiance - Daniel Craig killing Nazis guerilla style. What's not to love?

Gran Torino - Old racist overcomes his prejudices to mentor an immigrant kid and fight back against gang-bangers invading the neighborhood.

There's actually quite a few.

First, I still haven't seen Quantum of Solace yet, so that's number 1!

-Definance (12/12)

-Seven Pounds (12/19)

-Yes Man (12/19)

-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (12/25)

-Revolutionary Road (12/26)

-Valkyrie (12/26)

-The Dark Knight: Re-Release (1/23)

-Watchmen (3/06)

-Dragonball: Evolution (4/10)

-Seventeen Again (4/17)

-X-Men Origins: Wolverine (5/1)

-Star Trek (5/8)

-Terminator Salvation (5/22)

-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (6/26)

-G.I. Joe (8/7)

-Where the Wild Things Are (10/16)

I think that covers it......for now...

I bought some cheap-o movies from Big Lots after Thanksgiving, and of the movies picked up, "Prick Up Your Ears," with Jim Gordon and Doc Ock as lovers, and "Best Seller"--"A hired assassin. A cop turned author. Together they're rewriting the rulebook on the Mob." (Sounds awesome!)--are the next on my "to watch" list. I don't really see many movies at the theater anymore.

I bought some cheap-o movies from Big Lots after Thanksgiving, and of the movies picked up, "Prick Up Your Ears," with Jim Gordon and Doc Ock as lovers, and "Best Seller"--"A hired assassin. A cop turned author. Together they're rewriting the rulebook on the Mob." (Sounds awesome!)--are the next on my "to watch" list. I don't really see many movies at the theater anymore.

Ive seen best seller...james woods is a bad ass in it.

Ive seen best seller...james woods is a bad ass in it.

I might watch it first, then. Woods holds a special place in my heart due to Videodrome.

Television will change your mind,

will change your body! Edited by karamazov80

The Day the Earth Stood Still- Looks cool. Really want to watch the original

Watchmen-Because it's Watchmen

Transformers 2

Valkyre. Now this looks freaking amazing.

Defiance- Now that I know what it is, I want to see it. But Valkyre is definately higher on my list. I love conspiricies.

Star Trek- Hell Yeah

Wolverine- Gambit. Deadpool. Get my drift?

In no order:

Watchmen (i should read this first)

Definately should read it first.

And I read something about a movie that is upcoming WAY in the future: X-Men Origins Magneto. It mentioned that the movie, as so far scripted, would be set in the '60s and would be Xavier and Magneto as friends teaming up against another unnamed villain.

Sounds like fun to me. This could even lead up to X-Men: First Class which is planned. So who is the villain? It think it may be Apocalypse or the Sentinels as they both are enemies that Xavier and Magneto have united against in the comics (or video games.) Besides, who else would make a great villain for the two most powerful mutants in the planet? (bar Jean) And of the two I'd say Apocalypse is more likely. Sentinels is more of a multiple mutant battle and unless they start the Brotherhood here... I don't know. If it's meant to be more just Xavier and Magneto plus just a few mutants, Apocalypse would be the more intheresting here. Besides, I know everybody would rather see the X-Men fighting Sentinel. And Magneto led against Apocalypse in the biggest Apocalypse story. So Apocalypse just makes sense.

While we're talking about movies WAY into the future, I can't wait for the screen adaptation of World War Z. I'm excited to see the Battle of Yonkers scene; hopefully they'll work in the Tokyo subplot, Pilot-stranded-in-the-swamp subplot, K9 retirement center and the Battle of Hope too.

And I guess I also can't wait for Thor, Captain America, Avengers...

That isn't actually too far; i heard it's supposed to be either summer-fall 09 or early winter 10. Excited about it though. We should be able to post the ones that aren't finalized yet, since they'd be awsome.

I've heard of First Class, but i'd rather see a 4 before it. I really want to see the saga finalized. Leaving it as

dead Charles re-awakening and Magneto slowly attaining power again, with the only word on the X-Men being Rogue and Bobby still together

just didn't cut it for me.

I'd love to see Jean return one more time (maybe in a green dress and ascending to White Crown), and find a way to incorporate Emma into the plot. If they did, however, i hpe they'd rethink the actress. Emma was originally to be introduced in 3, by Sigourney Weaver. I'm sorry, but she's WAY to old to be a twenty (maybe)-something blonde who only wears white lingerie.

Apocalypse and the Four Horseman would be great, though. I'm kinda thinking the Horseman going along the lines of X-Men Evolution's ones: Xavier, Storm, Magneto, and Mystique. Shame we couldn't get Mystique anymore, though. But you have to admit that a Jean x Xavier fight with Jean as the good guy this time around would be epic.

And i'm stopping now since i hijacked the thread. ;)

That isn't actually too far; i heard it's supposed to be either summer-fall 09 or early winter 10. Excited about it though. We should be able to post the ones that aren't finalized yet, since they'd be awsome.

I've heard of First Class, but i'd rather see a 4 before it. I really want to see the saga finalized. Leaving it as

dead Charles re-awakening and Magneto slowly attaining power again, with the only word on the X-Men being Rogue and Bobby still together

just didn't cut it for me.

I'd love to see Jean return one more time (maybe in a green dress and ascending to White Crown), and find a way to incorporate Emma into the plot. If they did, however, i hpe they'd rethink the actress. Emma was originally to be introduced in 3, by Sigourney Weaver. I'm sorry, but she's WAY to old to be a twenty (maybe)-something blonde who only wears white lingerie.

Apocalypse and the Four Horseman would be great, though. I'm kinda thinking the Horseman going along the lines of X-Men Evolution's ones: Xavier, Storm, Magneto, and Mystique. Shame we couldn't get Mystique anymore, though. But you have to admit that a Jean x Xavier fight with Jean as the good guy this time around would be epic.

And i'm stopping now since i hijacked the thread. ;)

No, no, no. NO on those horsemen. The Horsemen of Apocalypse have to include Archangel. That's what made Apocalypse so great, he could almost totally corrupt an X-Man to the point of almost no chnace of return. That makes Apocalypse the threat that he is because, let's face it, his powers SUCK!

And World War Z. Hell Yeah. I'm looking foreward to the Zheng He segment. You know, the Submarine. That was an awesome part, full of great drama and great action.

And World War Z. Hell Yeah. I'm looking foreward to the Zheng He segment. You know, the Submarine. That was an awesome part, full of great drama and great action.

Oh yeah... that was an awesomely gripping scene too.

Going into "Cautiously Optimistic Mode" though, I'm really concerned about which stories they'll put in and which ones they'll cut. Obviously they can't put ALL of 'em in without compromising the emotional impact of at least one of 'em (including the India shipyards bit and any scene involving Todd Wainio).

Then there's the issue of which parts will detract from the book. Like the narrator's name: In the book his name was never explicitly mentioned (which led people to assume he was max brooks himself), but I hear in leaked portions of the movie script online the guy's name is Gerry and they're working in some sort of new subplot involving his family... which may or may not fare well (300, anyone?)

Going off-topic, but I wonder if Marvel Studios will ever consider giving Deadpool his own movie... :teehee:

Edited by NorthRaider

• 5 weeks later...

Well to bring this topic back, I actually saw a movie I wasn't expecting that I would go to see. I saw Gran Torino. And it was the best thing since The Dark Knight. Depressing ending aside, it was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. It's not an action movie, per-se. It's more of a drama of a man who is accepted into a bigger world. Expect quite a lot of somewhat racist jokes (though the delivery is what makes it funny) as a this man was a Korean War veteran and the other main characters are Vietnamese. It was a great movie. Very moving by the end. I actually cried. I never cry in movies, but Gran Torino made me cry.

That's a mark of a great film.

Well to bring this topic back, I actually saw a movie I wasn't expecting that I would go to see. I saw Gran Torino. And it was the best thing since The Dark Knight. Depressing ending aside, it was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. It's not an action movie, per-se. It's more of a drama of a man who is accepted into a bigger world. Expect quite a lot of somewhat racist jokes (though the delivery is what makes it funny) as a this man was a Korean War veteran and the other main characters are Vietnamese. It was a great movie. Very moving by the end. I actually cried. I never cry in movies, but Gran Torino made me cry.

That's a mark of a great film.

Since it was filmed in many ares that i visit frequently, i want to see this. My father is a huge clint fan, so i'm pretty sure i'll see it soon.

I saw Benjamin Button recently. Excellent but very sad. And long; not a movie to bring kids to.

Nixon/frost

Forgot about that one. Must see. . .on DVD.

Nixon/Frost .....if I told you one of these guys had conversations with me in my local pub AND bought me a drink a couple of times .....would you care ........... & which one do you think it was ?

I would have to guess at the popular actor Christopher timothy from such smash hit shows as "all creatures great & small"

Nixon/frost

Nixon/Frost .....if I told you one of these guys had conversations with me in my local pub AND bought me a drink a couple of times .....would you care ........... & which one do you think it was ?

I would have to guess at the popular actor Christopher timothy from such smash hit shows as "all creatures great & small"

I think I perceive sarcasm ? :mellow:

Not the actors the actual people :rolleyes:

Nixon/frost

I think I perceive sarcasm ? :mellow:

Not the actors the actual people :rolleyes:

It's my standard "guess who" response