UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thor arrived earlier today. I really wasn't expecting much from this figure, but he's really awesome. It helps that with him I now have a passable team of Avengers.

AvengersGroup.jpg

And just for fun, here's my temporary solution for his lack of helmet:

ThorampHelmet-1.jpg

Edited by Glantern

I had a bunch of Sideshow Rewards points saved up, so I knocked $100 off the price and pre-ordered. I'm excited about the prospect of diecast figures, and I've been going back and forth on ordering that Bandai C-3PO...

I'm a bit worried about the price for Iron Whiplash though, that is a must-have for my collection.

Is there any rhyme or reason to what product you can use their rewards points for? I've got close to what you have in pts but couldn't use it for DKR Batman, DX Luke, Black Widow or Avengers Cap. Sigh. I had thought maybe they were limiting it to only sideshow products but I guess not.

Yeah, you should be able to use rewards points on anything, but they can't have another promotion associated with them. So, frequently non-exclusive HT figures will be off the table because they have free shipping. However, you can call a Sideshow customer service rep, and they should be able to allow you to use them by removing the other promotion. In other words, you pay shipping on a figure others get free shipping for, and you can apply rewards points.

ah thanks K80 I would never have thought about that. I'm thinking of breaking down and getting Avengers Cap so a call may be in order.

The deal is it looks like from here out Hot Toys will only be releasing the various Iron Man armors in power pose(I.e. statues) or die cast, no regular MMS. There is some speculation that it may extend to things like Robocop and Terminator as well. But nothing's really bee confirmed just yet.

They just announced Iron Patriot, who's the first die cast, and he's priced around $310.

It's honestly not as high as some people(myself included) thought it would be, but I personally wonder if that might be due to lower quality materials than comparable die cast stuff. I'm firmly in the "watch what happens from the sidelines" camp on this one, but it looks like it could be a popular move.

Edited by Glantern

Wow. This die-cast thing could really go in either direction. History has not been friendly to diecast metals and plated paint jobs. We shall see.

I really wish HT would let us know if its diecast or nothing from now on when it comes to Iron Man. I'm wondering if I should just preorder Iron Patriot , I really don't care for the diecast I just want a 1/6 IP:(

I don't understand this sudden move towards diecast. The plastic line seems to be doing quite well. Why change such a successful line, I wonder.

With Hot Toys, there is only ever one motivation for what they do. . .

They are probably expecting to generate more revenue with this. The $300ish price tag could be the equivalent of you getting your first fix of heroin for free. Next time, price could be $350, then $400, etc. And Iron Man has got to be one of HT's top two most successful franchises ever. So, they don't have to worry too much about frightening away customers.

I'm just happy that I'm satisfied with my Marks IV, VI, and War Machine. No more!

I haven't taken any pix yet, but the replacement Avengers sleeve armor for my original Hot Toys Thor arrived yesterday and I did the upgrade. Getting the new sleeves on the arms is a little tough, and you have to make sure you get the sleeves all the way up, so about 1/2 inch of the forearm sticks out, otherwise the original forearm armor won't fit properly.

Also, if you are planning to do the upgrade, be sure to pick up both the sleeves and the vest like in the picture, as the vest fits perfectly under the armor, and actually helps to keep the sleeves in place. You also have to be careful to not overextend the arms when posing, otherwise the armor sleeves may pop out the side of the armor, and it is a @&!%$ to get back in place without removing the outer armor. I actually haven't re-glued the plastic armor yet, because I want to make sure I have everything perfect before I re-glue it in place.

thorarmor.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the sleeves last night from TA, but not the vest. I just ordered, so hopefully they'll ship them together. I also got the pants, since I like the blue more (even if it isn't accurate to the original figure).

So , is anyone else with the Avengers Thor having a hard time getting him posed with his arm extended upward, hammer in hand? I tried a few times but got nervousness because the rubber didn't seem like it was going to move with out breaking.