UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it is "Bale's Batmen"

I agree, even though the Superman and Burton Bat-movies were released pretty far apart, they still seem. . .connected somehow. Probably just because I was younger when I saw both. I'm sure HT will do Snyder's Superman, and I'll get one to pose nearer my Nolan Bat figures.

A handful of official Nicholson pics:

296264_205451976183467_138228759572456_594705_7928568_n.jpg

296209_205446192850712_138228759572456_594653_7256942_n.jpg

293549_205446022850729_138228759572456_594647_6908654_n.jpg

293364_205446426184022_138228759572456_594660_2248087_n.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

I believe it is "Bale's Batmen"

That works for me.

I agree, even though the Superman and Burton Bat-movies were released pretty far apart, they still seem. . .connected somehow. Probably just because I was younger when I saw both. I'm sure HT will do Snyder's Superman, and I'll get one to pose nearer my Nolan Bat figures.

For me, it is the simplicity of the original Burton Batman costume, it just felt more in the same scope as the Reeve Superman costume.

I like the Nolan Batman costumes too, but they lost that simplicity that the Burton costume had. You are right about the Man of Steel costume, it will look great next to the Nolan costume.

Edited by youbastards

Hate to repeat myself, but

Capitolism- it's not always pretty.

Yikes! I wonder what drove up the prices? There are other HT figures with more accessories than these guys. The license couldn't be more expensive than brand new movies. Is it just because HT knows people will pay that much?

According to speculation and word from Alter Ego Comics, the likeness royalties to Keaton and Nicholson played a role. Probably not a surprise, then, that the Nicholson Joker costs more money.

I fear DX Luke is gonna cost $300 after Lucas et al. get their cut.

Wow, that looks really good...and they may have gotten Batman's cape correct for this one, it almost looks like a leather-ish material.

This Batman will look a lot better next to the Reeve Superman than any of the Bale Batmans (Batmen?).

htsupermanpr7copy.jpg

Can't help thinking that a World's Finest movie starring those two would have rocked!!!

Well, this arrived in the mail today, and i fear the obsession has begun....my second indulgence into the realm of Hot Toys, Jill Valentine:

2ufafc0.jpg

xzh4x.jpg

280qft1.jpg

205yxog.jpg

Completely in love with the figure, i can't find a flaw with it; well, not totally true. In trying to put on her "Birdlady" cloak her shoulder had a slight tear, but it's on her back and a little hidden placement of some Loctite sealed it right up. She's wonderful, very happy i picked her up.

Nope haha went the eBay route. Was just tired of waiting so i went for the quickest, cheapest shipping i could find. ;) She's a great figure, you'll love her. Watch out for the...uh..."chest" though. That material gets dirty quick.

In other news, a question. I'm assuming yes, but does $230 seem like an okay deal for Demon Bats/Scarecrow?

Yeah, I would say anything less than $300 shipped is a good deal for the pair.

Amiami is selling it for a little over $200 (that's where I bought it from). However, shipping is about $80. . .

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-KAI-2368&template=default/product/e_display.html

Yeah, I would say anything less than $300 shipped is a good deal for the pair.

Amiami is selling it for a little over $200 (that's where I bought it from). However, shipping is about $80. . .

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-KAI-2368&template=default/product/e_display.html

That's actually where i intended to buy, though i only converted the 2,000 yen for $30. Did shipping come out $80 for you? At that point, i may just wait for Nicholson, i'd much rather have him but couldn't justify the $275. Now on the other hand...

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got the Nicholson Joker on pre-order and I made the mistake of looking at Predators on the SS website...

Falconer and Tracker are in stock, Berserker still has a waiting list and I believe the Shadow Predator is still available. Hmmm. I already have the original Classic Predator and Guardian Predator, but I think I "need" more.

Any advice/suggestions?

If you want those Predators figures, you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere. Seems like they go for sub-retail now, I'm guessing because the movie and new Pred designs aren't all that popular. Shadow is a background guy from Predator 2, but has the same sculpt as the new Classic Pred. I'm picking him up (sold my Guardian to fund him, actually), but passing on all Predators Preds except for Classic, who is probably gonna replace P1 on my display.

Falconer is on Hastings' site. So, if you run across a 20-30% off sale, that might be a good option for him.