UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I want to arrange an MMV trip to the Moon, who is with me?

TBT!

Timbo, I hate to point this out to you buddy, but there's a flaw in your numbers. You figure $10M to get to the moon, right? Did you add in the return trip to that number? I figure we're going to need $600,000 worth of fuel BOTH WAYS. Plus, there's the whole crashing vs landing thing, and if we can actually launch again once were there. I know you want to do this, but it really isn't as simple as you think. Still, if there's enough of us, I don't see why we couldn't. 100 of us would be $10M each, but 200 of us would be $5M each! And hey! We can strap the extra 100 to the outside of the ship and use their bodies to bounce into a nice, soft survivable, crash landing!

PS, you left out an M in MMMV.

Firstly the issue of Fuel consumption. You are of course assuming that every one is getting a return ticket.

Sadly scale model tests proved that the drag caused by tubby keyboard hugging internet/toy geeks strapped to the outside of the rocket used more fuel than the was acceptable so that idea may have to be scrapped. We are however continuing research by looking into a supply of cone shaped hats for those with 'External special view seating' to increase aerodynamics.

As for the risks of crash landing they are in fact very slim, we have taken precautions for this and have small holes cut into the floor of the rocket so that everyone can use their legs as emergency landing gear if the need arises.

I hope this answers your questions and look forward to seeing your funds in my Caymen island the MMV Moon trip account.

T.

You are exactly right! Hell, i think we all planned on leaving you Tim! :D

You are exactly right! Hell, i think we all planned on leaving you Tim! :D

Erm Sorry hate to break it to you this way TTF but there is no room for you on this flight, your chance to be part of this experience was lost when the Chimpanzee test pilots came home safely from the test flight so we no longer need to look to look at other options.

T.

*Mental note:* Add return flight self destruct to schematics, with a code that only I would know how to turn it off.

I would like to propose an alternate, less expensive trip. We could sail around the world on this pirate ship:

pirateship.gif

Right now I can get a 50.00 discount on it if I use a coupon code, so I need your $$ and support NOW. Please submit donations to my paypal address: yourewastingyourmoney@noemailaddress.com

I can only get this discount until 12pm Western, so I need you to get on board with this trip ASAP.

I would like to propose an alternate, less expensive trip. We could sail around the world on this pirate ship:

pirateship.gif

Right now I can get a 50.00 discount on it if I use a coupon code, so I need your $$ and support NOW. Please submit donations to my paypal address: yourewastingyourmoney@noemailaddress.com

I can only get this discount until 12pm Western, so I need you to get on board with this trip ASAP.

Ohhh an interesting proposition however I have already spent a considerable sum on bacofoil for making space suits and will not be able to meet with a Nigerian Prince to discuss financial backing until Tuesday so we will miss the deadline. :(

T.

pirateship.gif

YOu killed it Rad. That's usually my job.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

pirateship.gif

Ohhh an interesting proposition however I have already spent a considerable sum on bacofoil for making space suits and will not be able to meet with a Nigerian Prince to discuss financial backing until Tuesday so we will miss the deadline. :(

T.

$50 discount .....Pre-Christmas Sails obviously.

Tim .....Foiled again :( I'm off to bed....thank the gods..G'nite All ......bloody Wild Turkey :(

I think we need to start a poll...

You think a pole will reach the moon? Perhaps you're right we could always stand on a chair if it doesn't quiet reach.

T.

Maybe he meant he was going to start dancing on a POLE to raise more funds for the trip? :PIMP:

Edited by Fo Shizzle

You think a pole will reach the moon? Perhaps you're right we could always stand on a chair if it doesn't quiet reach.

T.

Maybe he meant he was going to start dancing on a POLE to raise more funds for the trip? :PIMP:

Oh, we need a video of that... for incriminating purposes of course :ermm:

BS

T.

BS

That would sell almost as much as the one of Timbo getting Tenime art to rub Jelly on his nipple to get off a stuck DC Mask!! ;)

T.

BS

Ask and ye shall receive:

fat-man.gif

There is one little problem with this fantastic sounding trip to the moon you have planned. Once Ivan brings his Blackmarket parts, and we raise enough money, gather enough fuel, steal enough food, all the seats are filled, the pilots are trained, NASA is paid off, we all get pissed on beer, there is that one little thing..... Godzilla!

Is he coming with us? Are we going to have to kill him before we go? Can we ask him to clear a path for us? Will he even be home? Should I leave a message? I don't know what we could do about him.

Yes that is right, let's slowly turn the direction of this thread into something else.... :whistling:

pirateship.gif

I killed it? Me?

*consults lawyer*

Slander, libel! I'm suing your arse buddy! Philanthropist that I am, I shall donate all monies received to the MM(M)V moon shot!

pirateship.gif

I killed it? Me?

*consults lawyer*

Slander, libel! I'm suing your arse buddy! Philanthropist that I am, I shall donate all monies received to the MM(M)V moon shot!

Rad, that's a brilliant idea! We can use a giant cannon to blast to the moon! First we will sail around the world on that awesome pirate shp of yours, then we can all climb into the HUGE cannon mounted on the side (it's still in development, that's why it's not in the pic ;) ) and shoot ourselves up there. Once we arive we will need to begin construction on a second cannon, of course, that we will use for the return trip. We can hire some lackeys (TTF, SSP etc...) to fire the parts up to us. Brilliant!

BS

pirateship.gif

I killed it? Me?

*consults lawyer*

Rad, that's a brilliant idea! We can use a giant cannon to blast to the moon! First we will sail around the world on that awesome pirate shp of yours, then we can all climb into the HUGE cannon mounted on the side (it's still in development, that's why it's not in the pic ;) ) and shoot ourselves up there. Once we arive we will need to begin construction on a second cannon, of course, that we will use for the return trip. We can hire some lackeys (TTF, SSP etc...) to fire the parts up to us. Brilliant!

BS

We wouldn't even need the cannon if we sailed around the world fast enough. We could use it like a slingshot. If only there was a way to get us up to 88mph.

Or we could ask Godzilla to throw us up there....

Excellent thinking! We can build the rocket/cannon/pirate ship/Delorean/USS Enterprise with our spare C3 Batcave parts!

Oh, wait a minute...

Never mind, I think I'll just spam DST with requests for Pirates of The Caribbean mates instead...

Edited by NorthRaider

I am proud to announce that a high-profile fellow-Brit is now onboard with this project & there is nothing this guy doesn't know about Minimates ,Lego, Kubricks, Rocket -Science ,Quantum Physics or Black Holes . We met some years ago at Legoland & now he's just a few blocks away from me. Unfortunately I cannot actually reveal his real-name but you can call him Steeve . post-638-1227369372_thumb.jpg

Timbo can he have the window-seat?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Timbo can he have the window-seat?

Window seat? Hell no didn't we discuss who the pilot was?

We wouldn't even need the cannon if we sailed around the world fast enough. We could use it like a slingshot. If only there was a way to get us up to 88mph.

You built a time machine out of a Pirate ship... ???

T.