UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Universal Monsters anyone?

Sorry, that advert for the creature from the black lagoon statue at the top of the site has me thinking a lot about this recently, hehe. If they did this it would more likely be a one shot box set kind of deal, which is probably the perfect format. In the box, I'd like...

Dracula

Frankenstein

The Wolfman

The Invisible Man

The Creature from the Black Lagoon (gilman)

Bride of Frankenstein

The Mummy

I would be so ecstatic over these. Anyone else on board?

Something about the kubrick design always kind of put me off. I dunno what it is, I guess just kind of plain and not really full of personality like minimates.

They are an acquired taste (I used to be a Kubrick hater myself ;) )

I would buy them by the case so I could hand them out on Halloween. Best idea ever.

Time to pull out the address book! And you live where?? ;)

I would definitely buy two sets of these, mostly for Drac and Frank(Heh. Sounds like a bad sitcom. Or a funny minimate comic. Hmm...) But all would be great to have.

Did you hear that, AA and DST??

I'd like a wolf-man, Gil-Man, Mummy, and Frankenstein. Invisible Man would be too freaking awesome: his whole disguise on top of a completely clear plastic Minimate. Now how much ass would that kick?

Here is a collage of Universal Monster Kubricks I found online just to give a hint of what they'd look like in Minimate form. Bride of Frankenstein was not available for pictures.

th_boo.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Here is a collage of Universal Monster Kubricks I found online just to give a hint of what they'd look like in Minimate form. Bride of Frankenstein was not available for pictures.

th_boo.jpg

I like the Mutant from This Island Earth. That movie sucked though (hence MST3K)

But I don't recognize some of those guys. Who are the two in the bottom and top left (Bandage nose and Mr. Smock?) Likewise, in the inset, who is on the far right (Redhead)? And is the guy in the far left in the inset supposed to be The Phantom of the Opera?

Edited by Trekker 42

th_boo.jpg

I like the Mutant from This Island Earth. That movie sucked though (hence MST3K)

But I don't recognize some of those guys. Who are the two in the bottom and top left (Bandage nose and Mr. Smock?) Likewise, in the inset, who is on the far right (Redhead)? And is the guy in the far left in the inset supposed to be The Phantom of the Opera?

All right, let's start from the top left and go right:

Dr. Frankenstein, Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the Wolfman, the Mummy.

next row, left to right:

Phantom of the Opera "masked", Mole Man, the Invisible man "exposed", Phantom of the Opera "unmasked", Creature from the Black Lagoon, Invisible Man "dressed", Metaluna Mutant, Mole Man, Quasimodo (Hunchback of Notre Dame).

th_boo.jpg

All right, let's start from the top left and go right:

Dr. Frankenstein, Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the Wolfman, the Mummy.

next row, left to right:

Phantom of the Opera "masked", Mole Man, the Invisible man "exposed", Phantom of the Opera "unmasked", Creature from the Black Lagoon, Invisible Man "dressed", Metaluna Mutant, Mole Man, Quasimodo (Hunchback of Notre Dame).

Ah, thanks man. Quasimodo? Really? Well, there's exactly one of those characters I would not get in Mini-form and it's him. YOu know, these classics put themselves up for waves very easily and since you know how much I live to make waves (and I do), I'm going to do it:

Wave One

Dr Victor Frankenstein/ The Frankenstein Monster

Count Dracula/The Wolfman

Imhotep (the Mummy)/The Gill Man

Variant: Hard to choose between Larry Talbot human and the Creature Walks Among Us Gill-Man

Wave Two:

The Bride of Frankestein/Igor

Dr. Griffith (AKA The Invisible Man as I suggested him earlier)/The Phantom of the Opera (With removable mask)

Mr. Hyde/Metaluna Mutant

Variant: Gotta be Dr. Jekyll. No question

Exclusive to somewhere:

The Mole Man/Quasimodo

Then maybe another exclusive with something like the Humanized versions of some. Then make variant in wave one CWAU Gill Man

Talbot/Imhotep in disguise

Box Set:

Victims!!!!!

And imagine: The ability to make the REAL ending of Frankenstein meets The Wolf Man. Get This: You can make them actually FIGHT! How revolutionary!

Here'd be my take on DST doing Universal Studios Monsters line. I've got 3 waves, each with 6 characters and a variant.

Wave 1

Frankenstein's Monster & the bride of Frankenstein

th_karloff.jpgth_500THEBRIDEOFFRANKENSTEINWHALE1935.jp

Dracula & Dr Van Helsing

th_bela-lugosi.jpgth_van_helsing___dracula2.jpg

Quasimodo (Hunchback) & The Phantom of the Opera

th_lnchny2.jpgth_lon-phantom.jpg

(variant) Dr. Frankenstein & the bride of Frankenstein

th_Frankenstein002-1.jpgth_500THEBRIDEOFFRANKENSTEINWHALE1935.jp

Wave 2

The Invisible Man & Werewolf of London

th_supermaninvisibleman.jpgth_werewolf.jpg

The Mummy & Ardath Bey

th_mmy_007BorisKarloff.jpgth_mmy_021BorisKarloff.jpg

Creature From the Black Lagoon & The Creature Walks Among Us

th_01chapmanMonster_pop.jpgth_Thecreaturewalks.jpg

(variant) alternate dressed Invisible Man & Werewolf of London

th_im-face.jpgth_werewolf.jpg

Wave 3

Lawrence Talbot & the Wolfman

th_tal01.jpgth_wolf_man.jpg

Ygor and the Monster from "Son of Frankenstein"

th_469595721_485e6a861f.jpgth_59552467_1743a2353d_o.jpg

Metaluna Mutant & Mole Man

th_displayimage.jpgth_monsters_csg310_the_mole_people.jpg

(variant) Maleva the gypsy & the Wolfman

th_untitled.jpgth_wolf_man.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 11 months later...

its been hinted a few times and everything ive read people agree they would be awsome,classic monsters would make for killer minimates in my opinion