Gambit & Psylocke

Sabretooth & Skrull

Variant: First Appearance Sabretooth & Skrull

Edited by drgnrbrn316

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super happy about the Red Skull attire that was chosen. I was worried we were going to get him in the green jump suit.

This wave seems like it is for fans and newcomers alike. The re-release of Spider-Man in Wave 24, Captain America & Iron Man in Wave 25, and Wolverine & Skrull in Wave 26 helps new collectors start their collection. But, the inclusion of Gambit, Psylocke, Red Skull, Deadpool, 616 Sabretooth, etc shows that DST has been paying attention to what the minimate fans have been requesting.

Two excellent waves DST!

I will definitely be getting: Cap/Red Skull, Rulk/Ska'ar, Wolverine/Deadpool, Gambit/Psylocke. I want lots of Skrulls but I am not a fan of Sabretooth so I will be buying lots of loose Skrulls.

:D

Well, I was completely off base (don't see how I won any Minimates from my picks, frankly), but am really happy with these. Nice to see the wacky army builders, Gambit, Psylocke, Sabretooth, Deadpool. Awesome. But if I am to nitpick, and I am--2 more Iron Men? I love Iron Man, but wow. He must surpass Spidey and Wolvie in terms of re-releases at this point. I really hope that Wolvie gets an updated, removable "classic" mask. . .

Now, how is Gambit a minority, exactly? Being a southerner?

Edited by karamazov80

Well, I was completely off base (don't see how I won any Minimates from my picks, frankly), but am really happy with these. Nice to see the wacky army builders, Gambit, Psylocke, Sabretooth, Deadpool. Awesome. But if I am to nitpick, and I am--2 more Iron Men? I love Iron Man, but wow. He must surpass Spidey and Wolvie in terms of re-releases at this point. I really hope that Wolvie gets an updated, removable "classic" mask. . .

He's Cajun. Told you one was a stretch... That was mainly to get people thinking it was someone else, but come on... he's in the new movie. How could we do a Wolverine-themed wave right before the movie and NOT include Gambit?

its over:cries: its finnally over, and in the end we all win cause this has got to be the best wave ever!!! Thank you DST :D :biggrin: :D :biggrin:

Regarding wave 26, I may well agree with you. I can't remember getting so many great, iconic characters in one wave.

So with wave 26 having Psylocke does that make toad the only character from the original poster without a figure?

Going off memory we have an Angel even if its not the one one the poster.

Congrats on these waves seem to have filled many requests now ppl can start moaning for something else instead of Deadpool

I think a Hand ninja would have been more fitting for Wolverine given his history, but given the recent events in Marvel (plus Wolvie being replaced by a Skrull once before) the Skrulls are a fine substitute.

It should be interesting to see how the classic and bolt face Iron Man pan out, though. A lot of Iron Man's armor variations have been more subtle in change, so I'm curious to see if the formula for the original Iron Man Minimate is altered in any way or just updated for the new standard of detail.

He's Cajun. Told you one was a stretch... That was mainly to get people thinking it was someone else, but come on... he's in the new movie. How could we do a Wolverine-themed wave right before the movie and NOT include Gambit?

I won't lie, Gambit/Wolverine is my OTP XD j/k...sort of. GUMBO.

I'm really excited for wave 26.

That's some good Minimates. My thoughts:

- Yay Red Skull! And Deadpool. But mainly Red Skull.

- Love the fact that we're getting "new" characters like Red Hulk and the Bucky Barnes Cap

- I'm assuming that classic Iron Man will come in gold paint, meaning that he'll fit in nicely with all the other new Iron Men we got this year

- I will be ruthless in getting AIM Agents. I want a bunch, and they better come with guns! Big sci-fi style blasters!

So when are we getting MODOK to lead our AIM agents?

So with wave 26 having Psylocke does that make toad the only character from the original poster without a figure?

I think there was a Toad. . .

Sorry there has never been a toad minmate I've just been through the release lists.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Judging by the character list between waves 23-26, waves 23 and 24 were decent waves and could be better. But how can you top waves 25 and 26? Can you, DST? I bet you can! I mean, other than a wave full of just Spideys Spideys Spideys. :P

Shhh don't encourage them.

What a great set of choices, appealing to Minimate newbies rooked in with the different Marvel films hype along with some really long-term fan requests.

Two waves of winners, right there.

And Gambit, being an X-Men fan I just have to allow myself a YAY!

They'll really fill in some spaces that people have been clammoring for, which I'm happy of.

I was hoping for either a Black Panther or a Captain Mar-Vell, but that's okay. They'll come out eventually. Meanwhile, it'll be nice to get those X-characters that've been missing for a while and finally a Red Skull to get thrashed by your Captain America of choice. And a couple of army builders is also a fantastic choice. I'll be buying the crap outta those sets. I just hope a Hydra guy is on the way. And with AIM guys for Iron Man to fight, can a Mandarin be far behind? Whatta bout a MODOK?!

I think the biggest suprise is the inclusion of those Iron Men. Wow. Suprising... and while there are other characters I'd rather have, these two will be a welcome addition.

Now if there were just a space armor, 90's "Acts of Vengance-era" and deep sea armor I think we'd be all set.

Nice going, DST.

Now what about some more boxed sets? :)

Edited by Mystery Man

BRAVO DST!!! Two perfect waves.

Keep the army builders coming!!! I will be buying a case each of these waves. I just need to figure out how to get it past the wife!

Ok fans, we wouldn't be annoying fanboys if we didn't start this discussion: What character do we start begging for next?