UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Must-have Wii accessory

drgnrbrn316

I was browsing around the net and happened upon this little nugget of information that Wii owners might find interesting:

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2008/10/06/the-next...-cardboard-box/

It seems the geniuses at Nintendo have come up with an awesome new accessory for their happy little system: a cardboard box. Apparently, games will implement some in-game element that requires you to lay your controller down on this "box" and tap on the "box". Luckily, there will be an official box that is ideal for these mini-game type interactions, so you need not worry about digging one out at home. No clue on price point at the moment.

I try to stay out of the whole console war since most people's points tend to get boiled down to fanboy syndrome, but this sounds retarded. Who would buy a cardboard box? Especially when there are plenty of things you can buy that come in a box. And the whole tapping thing just smells of Nintendo running out of ideas of what to do with the Wii-mote. Instead of laying the controller down and tapping a box, couldn't you just, I don't know, tap a button on the controller? Or, wiggle the controller, since that is what Nintendo has made a selling point for the thing to begin with?

You know what we need with this? A new Metal Gear Solid game. Metal Gear Solid: Snake's Box-O-Fun. Snake has become trapped in his cardboard box and Big Boss has the scissors you need to poen it. So you must track down Big Boss and make him trip over the box which slices it open and lets Snake out. The game is filled with epic boss battles like Psycho Mantis who is constantly throwing the box around. Howw do you beat him? You turn the Wii remote sideways and that reflects his psychic energy back at him which traps HIM in a box.

Who wouldn't want a game like that?

Edited by Trekker 42

See, this is what I'm talking about. People keep hating on Nintendo for not catering to the Hardcore fans. Well, what does this say to you haters? Does Sony or Microsoft offer game accessories like this? Eye Toy.....Vision Camera......Microphones.......Keyboard........Game Buzzers........LAME!!! I'm talking about a Cardboard box here people. Seriously, if Nintendo is guilty of anything it's making the Hardcore fans wet their pants with delight. If you Sony/MS Sheep need some tissue let me know, I'll insert it into my Nintendo Wii Teleportation Accessory and send it right over.....

...Wow, I'm getting more cynical with age :D. neo

This seriously makes me want to make a "Civil War: I'm with the box" sig. This is just so lame.

A cardboard box Nintendo? Really?!

Do it man! That's F-ing funny! Do it!

Done! :tongue: :thumbsup:

Very well done. But it does need to be a little smaller. Blasted brillant though.

Apparently some game footage here:

So basically, it is the Gamecube Conga drum.................. <_<

The bouncing balls and painting games look like they could be really interesting. . .or just really arbitrary and stupid.

• 1 month later...

Uhm... no thanks. I can just use box from a Poptart pack! XD

Anyways, I know a game that requires to lay the Wiimote down and tap it. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. But when I sit my Wiimote down, I just sit it on my bed. When I have to tap it on something, I either tap it against my hand or gently on something else. No need for that box.

...I'm still laughing a bit, that's funny. I could see a commercial for this. Two people playing Wario Ware and they have to sit the Wiimote down, so they sit it on something and the Wiimote falls. They get all said, and the deep voiced announcer comes up, "do you get angry while playing games when this happens? Well, you need to buy this! It's a painted cardboard box with a clever name! The Let's Tap, sold in game stores everywhere!"

Let's Tap, seriously?

It'll be funny making a Let's Tap: Adult Version. Rated Ao, Adults only.

Edited by Shup Dude