UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Zombie Plan

Trekker 42

This made me think, what WOULD you do if the Undead invaded? personally I'd go to the sea and live off the ocean occasionally making landfall at random places whre there are survivors. It makes the most sense instead of freezing your ass off in Alaska.

Anyone else given this as much thought? (as you can see, this is a rather boring day, so we need a fun topic to just sit back, relax, and enjoy talking about.)

Dude with zombies it isn't 'if' it is 'when'. Yeah the best idea is the prison idea. If you can clear out a prison you will have enough room to move around and land to farm and protection and a good vantage point. Yeah I have thought about this a bit.

I'd be lying if I said I have not given this major thought...Well, I live in Tampa in a second story apartment. So depending on where I actually was when the infection took place I would have to say first I'd barricade my front door in case zombies in this scenario can climb stairs. After that I'd do like on Day of the Dead and lower my two dogs down and tell them to stay (I'll need them as an alarm/ bodyguards once I get to my final base of operations). Then I'd unlock the car from my window and wait until the coast is clear or until there aren't that many that I can't take out myself (I was in the Marines, so I'm not too worried about going hand to hand with one or two) and lower myself down with a rope I braided out of blankets or whatever. In the meantime pack a few things I absolutely need a bit of water, food, change of clothes and see if if I can fashion a few weapons from kitchen knives or something. Preferably with broom handles or something so I can avoid getting too close unless I have to. From there I'd try to make it to the coast (maybe hit a pawn shop if I can for guns) and hole up in a mansion or beachhouse close to a marina until the coast is clear again. From there I take the closest route to one of the uninhabited islands just off of Tampa Bay and live out the rest of my life fishing and making the occasional raids on tiki bars and beachside hotels when I run low on booze and fuel for my boat. And maybe see if there are survivors along the coast......like I said I have actually thought this out. I know...I'm weird....

Edited by Fo Shizzle

the one thing pop culture thing i love as much as minimates is zombie movies.

the dawn of the dead remake is my favorite movie...so yea I have thought about my zombie plan.

and to be honest, i think it is a hide and wait situation. no matter what reanimated corpses will eventually rot to bone... so the best plan of action, store food and tons of water , secure location, keep weapons handy for defense and wait out the decomposition.

no matter what reanimated corpses will eventually rot to bone... so the best plan of action, store food and tons of water , secure location, keep weapons handy for defense and wait out the decomposition.

With that you may be even better of in the desert. They air is so dry they'd turn to dust in no time. Hello Vegas! :)

For more literature on this subject, be sure to check out World War Z, by Max Brooks (who also wrote The Zombie Survival Guide). It's an amalgamation of first hand accounts of the beginning, middle, and end of the Zombie War.

IIRC it details how every plan mentioned in this thread would fail. From wilderness survival in the Great White North to a Chinese submarine crew. Of course they don't all fail, someone has to be around to write the book. :)

My Zombie Plan? I'm taking my homemade planetary orbiter and a half dozen (zombie virus immune) sexy RoboLadiesâ„¢ into space. Nobody tried that in World War Z. If mankind wins, I'll come back. If the zombies win, I'll either die of extreme old age or my RoboLadies will kill me in my sleep. Either way, it's better than what you lot will be facing down on the surface. :)

i'd round up the survivors and form a zombie kill krew :P

and when that doesnt work, ill infect myself and its like they say: if u can't beat em, join em

One word: NORAD. I'd totally head up there. There'd be people there, and assuming I could get in, I could survive for several decades, or just nuke the entire planet. Or both.

I find it great how many people actually think of this stuff. I thought I was crazy.

I've read the Zombie Survival guide. It's a good book, very enjoyable. I've been meaning to pick up world war z for a while now.

I saw that RvB vid when it first came out. Me and my mates devised a zombie plan where we each steal a car (we dont have our own) and meet in town and raid this shop that sells swords, bows, crossbows, pelletguns etc, and arm up, then stay on the move til the zombies are all gone. Maybe stay on B'hams canals, as was said, zombies cant swim.

Speaking of RvB, is anyone current?

That show is getting really deep!

I've read the Zombie Survival guide. It's a good book, very enjoyable. I've been meaning to pick up world war z for a while now.

I saw that RvB vid when it first came out. Me and my mates devised a zombie plan where we each steal a car (we dont have our own) and meet in town and raid this shop that sells swords, bows, crossbows, pelletguns etc, and arm up, then stay on the move til the zombies are all gone. Maybe stay on B'hams canals, as was said, zombies cant swim.

Speaking of RvB, is anyone current?

That show is getting really deep!

Yeah, though this isnt the place to discuss it. Drop me a PM if you wanna talk about it. :thumbsup:

A Zombie Plan??? What is eating you guys? For the record who knows what country Zombies originated from? Nobody know? None of you? :no:

I honestly don't know, though I would guess somewhere in Africa. . .

Hungary! :lol:

BOO! That was terrible. And if you read your Max Brooks, you'll see that the first recorded attack is in Egypt and that the one that started World War Z was in China.

And we all know that Max Brooks is the ultimate Zombie authority (For those who don't know, Brooks wrote both The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, both of which I too recommend.)

And we all know that Max Brooks is the ultimate Zombie authority

Despite the abomination known as "Diary of the Dead," the "ultimate" authority on zombies, until the day he dies, will be George Romero.

• 6 months later...

I have a confession to make.

I have no zombie plan. I live in a modest duplex with my family in a semi-cramped suburb with a densely-packed population right outside our gates. We're caught somewhere in a choke point between two urban centers, though we're a few minutes' drive away from a local army base (Pfft, as if you can drive in the middle of even a Class 2 outbreak in our parts). Back to my house: we have a tall wooden gate than WILL collapse given a large-enough horde of the undead. We have a dog that will either detect the dead efficiently or attract it needlessly. We suck at maintaining food rations. The closest thing we probably have to an actual weapon is my arnis/kali sticks from college, and my technique is seriously rusty. My dad has connections, but most likely they'll all be for bust once the shit hits the fan and things start devolving into utter chaos. I (and everyone in our region) probably have lousy psychological reserve. Our government is useless.

... I... I'm dead meat, aren't I?

Go the pawn shop to get guns and ammo, then go to the supermarket. If all else fails, I blow my brains out and hope I don't go to Hell with it being a zombie apocalypse and all. But then again I should be safe with the Rapture.

If it's just a zombie outbreak and not the apocalypse, then I proceed as planned.