UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Figma figures!

TM2 Dinobot

I now have Nanoha and Fate (from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS) and Saber (from Fate stay/night) and wow, they are awesome.

Nanoha and Fate go so well together, as they are from the same series, whilst Saber impresses me so much because I got her just for her look rather than being a fan of her in an anime (not watched it). She's a beautiful figure, almost an art piece.

At some point I will get some pics up now MMC is back up and running.

Not sure if any of the, er, ultra-anime looking Figmas (Lucky Star the main offender here!) appeal to me as much. However I would buy every StrikerS one they made, I know Hayate is coming at some point.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone is interested in Rin, but fairly be ye warned, her pigtails snap off before they're even out of the packaging. Here's a fix if anyone cares.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1181754/PigtailFix.jpg

The smallest, thinnest screws I could find were actually on very small eyescrews.

I used that cutting wheel tool there to get a sharp point when I removed the loop, but took the other, already sharp end and screwed it down into the pigtail part, using a needlenose pliers to hang on to it, and scewing it into a very small pre-drilled hole. Then, using that same tiny drill bit to drill into her head, and then you screw the whole pigtail assembly into the head, forcing the metal into the plastic and holding it in place, even if you spin it around some.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Danny, check these out. Christmas Figmas!

Santa Haruhi

Santa Mikuru

Santa Nanoha

Santa Saber

Santa Kanu

Honestly, I'm looking at these, and while they're a comparative price on their own, they all have the exact same hat, bag and shall. Unless they changed the boxes for these for Christmas (which would be nice but is doubtful) I think I'm gona pass. Well, Maybe just Haruhi... And Mikuru... And Kanu... Actually, if they're JUST like the regular releases, just with added parts, these might be better because they're exactly the same but have more accs!

Still, I wish they'd done something more, more, oh I don't know, what's the word?

originalscan.jpg

Yeah, that's it. XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whole bunch of new Figma for preview: http://www.moeyo.com/2009/02/post_7123.html

Kagami as Miku Hatsune (from the Lucky Star OVA episode), Combat Waitress Mikuru (M-M-Mikuru Beam!), Maid Cafe Tsuruya, the previously previewed girl from Shikabane Hime, Summer Haruhi, some robot girl, and some creepy naked dude.

Wait, there was an OVA episode? Is it gona be on the 6th DVD?

Hmm, seems like a lot of wasted space. Tsuruya and Mikuru for sure, and I'd be tempted to just do a head swap for cafe Mikuru, but unfortunately that would be inaccurate. The Summer Haruhi though, man, she had BETTER come with something else other than just her school girl outfit. She didn't even wear that on the island. Unless this is her taking pics and perving out on Mikuru?

The amount of accessory packs coming out are just amazing. Also, the clear Figmas in the interchangeable costumes are amazing as well. If they come with those costumes, that's a sure sell for me.

Oh, and creepy naked guy has a package he'd like to deliver. >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! But, following from the female toys that are posted here, I don't think this is any worse. They are both sexual representations of cartoon characters. Its just that the different gendered characters seem to cater to audiences with different. . .urm. . .preferences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
OMG They're making a Figma Signum!!!

1237341914035.jpg

I literally got out of my chair and did a little dance when I saw pics. I'm so sad!

Haha!! I just saw that minutes ago myself!! She really is gorgeous, even in Figma form.

Well, i broke down two weeks ago. I finally placed an order for one of my favorite anime Heroines ever, Rin Tohsaka, and her Figma is now in transit. I have officially become attached to Figmas and am starting to obsess over them more than i do Minimates. They are beautifully crafted, poseability is amazing, accessories and extra faces/hands are cool, and they come from some of my favorite animes. Not to mention all of the ones i have begun to watch thanks to them (Shana, Lucky star, and Haruhi Suzumiya). Great figures; can't wait for Rin to arrive.

And dammit. Now i have to shovel out $130 for a PS2 game i can't play. Why?? Because it comes with the "Ultimate Figma," as she is appropriatly named for being the physical best there is; Saber Lily. :luv:

They look great in pics. They are slightly more fiddly and fragile in person, they certainly aren't "action figures" in the vein of Marvel Legends etc. A bit of care is needed.

However they look great on a shelf and usually have a lot of accessories for different looks.

I recently got Hayate and she goes really well with the rest of the StrikerS. I really can't wait for Signum, she's amazing.

I would definitely recommend you check out Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (along with the sequel, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha As) because I guarantee you, you will want a Fate Testerossa figure afterwards. Dark Magical Girls really don't come any cooler than Fate!

I don't have any place to display them, simply because I am in the middle of a permanent transitory period. But they are beautiful figures that deserve a plac of honor. I have no idea how I'm going to afford all the MoHS figmas, including the doubles to go along with the heads. :(

Look up "wrong, so" in the dictionary and you'll find this.

Well, now I need therapy. Thanks Dino! Also, I went down the page and got this:

http://ameblo.jp/figma/image-10214435952-10145458404.html

Please note that link is NSFW, or anywhere for that matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw that on the blog yesterday. All i managed to say was: HOLY HELL!! Hayate was gonna get me into Nanoha, but if i get Signum then i might have to watch it.

On another note, i got my Haruhi and Rin Tohsaka on Tuesday. Yay!! Well, it WAS a yay. I posed Rin three days ago, went to bed, and went to repose her Wednesday. Her effing hair BROKE!! :( E-mailed HLJ (hobbylinkJapan) to try to get a rpelacement part, so here's hoping for the best. This sucks, because i wanted Rin over Haruhi...

And i found out that PlayAsia sells Saber Lily for only $99.99!! Yes!! :D

Saw that on the blog yesterday. All i managed to say was: HOLY HELL!! Hayate was gonna get me into Nanoha, but if i get Signum then i might have to watch it.

On another note, i got my Haruhi and Rin Tohsaka on Tuesday. Yay!! Well, it WAS a yay. I posed Rin three days ago, went to bed, and went to repose her Wednesday. Her effing hair BROKE!! :( E-mailed HLJ (hobbylinkJapan) to try to get a rpelacement part, so here's hoping for the best. This sucks, because i wanted Rin over Haruhi...

That happens a LOT. The hair almost always breaks. Try using a pin to fix it, because customer support from Japan is a pain in the butt, and I an 100% grantee you that if you did get a replacement, it would break also.

That happens a LOT. The hair almost always breaks. Try using a pin to fix it, because customer support from Japan is a pain in the butt, and I an 100% grantee you that if you did get a replacement, it would break also.

Wait...i'm a little confused. Use a pin of the left strand of hair?? Rin has pigtails, and the left one broke. Don't know if i misunderstood that or not.