UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Twisted Two-face's customs

Hiya!! If you're wondering where all my old work is, i'm re-doing the pictures more professionally. If you haven't visited my thread before, you are probably totally out of touch with that comment!! XD

Well, i'm getting used to buying in bulk so that means more customizing from me...scary thought. I'll also be doing more designs...eventually..so You could say i'm doing hundreds of WIPs right now. :P

Why the hell am i boring you anyway?! Don't lisen to me, view the page!!

<<FIRST-POST CUSTOMS BEING EDITED. CHECK BACK SOON. SEE LAST POST FOR UPDATES>>

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Hey man, those customs are pretty good. You should be more proud of them.

But...... the only thing I would change are, well, two things. First, make the pictures a little more clear. maybe use a tripod and stand the mates up while using a blank white piece of paper for the background. Second, it would have been nicer to post thumbnails of the pictures rather than links.

Keep up the good work though. :)

Hey man, those customs are pretty good. You should be more proud of them.

But...... the only thing I would change are, well, two things. First, make the pictures a little more clear. maybe use a tripod and stand the mates up while using a blank white piece of paper for the background. Second, it would have been nicer to post thumbnails of the pictures rather than links.

Keep up the good work though. :)

Yeah...no clue on thumbnails...

Thanks!

To hold ya'll over until i get more duplicates, i've had some designs i've been itching to show you all. Criticism is always welcome! (Like how I'm a genius and forgot how to use a thumbnail...)

Oh, and all are usually my own design or interpretation of the character, before i get some hate-posts.

More to come, so comment away.

post-2151-1222649357_thumb.png

post-2151-1222649549_thumb.png

post-2151-1222649634_thumb.png

Hey, nice work, Two-Face. The Supergirl & Batman remind me of maybe an "Elseworlds"/"What-If" story-line.

I'm imagining Batman based out of Japan instead of Gotham City, and Supergirl changing her name to Superwoman and taking Superman's place as Metropolis' main guardian... Then they would team-up like those "Brave and the Bold" stories.

B)

Hey, nice work, Two-Face. The Supergirl & Batman remind me of maybe an "Elseworlds"/"What-If" story-line.

I'm imagining Batman based out of Japan instead of Gotham City, and Supergirl changing her name to Superwoman and taking Superman's place as Metropolis' main guardian... Then they would team-up like those "Brave and the Bold" stories.

B)

Ironically, i had originally made Supergirl to be a "Superwoman." A little while ago, i drew up a sheet that sowed The Justice League as a group i called the Justice Corp. It sorta fell into a 52 kind of story, because i reversed everyone's gender! :thumbsup: And Bats was because i got board of his Black/Grey Black/Blue costumes... :tongue:

Update:

Me as a GL:

Funny thing: It really looks like me. That's both cool and sad at the same time! :highfive2:

post-2151-1223076503_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Woo Hoo! Finally, i have a non-sucky (i think...) custom to display. And yes, i took the pics off of post 1. I am trying to find a way to post them without attachments or links (perhaps img tags??) so bear with me.

And now, i give thee a War Machine based possibly on Iron Man 2:

Front:

2972453566_c53e2e89b8_b.jpg

Right:

2971609295_c543550be6_b.jpg

Back:

2971609487_6bac2c6a3f_b.jpg

Left:

2972453998_260e3aa8ca_b.jpg

Before and After:

2971609889_7367fc5e2d_b.jpg

EDIT: I just realized that i missed an app on the left leg! Oops...

Nice! He could probably do with a big ass gun on his shoulder, but I really like the look of it. Nice work :)

• 6 months later...

OMG has it been this long?! Well, i don't wanna be a bore, so here are my current customs. Yep, CURRENT. Freaky, right?? ;)

Wolverine Origins 1/4: Emma Frost

The gorgeous Origins Emma shrunken down into my own, personal 2 inches of plastic that will never be official. I LOVE IT:

xeis89.jpg

RECIPE: BSG: Razor Gina hair, Pegasus Six head, edited TRU Weapon X chest, fleshie arms, edited Ant Man lower body.

Wolverine Origins 2/4: Remy LeBeau/Gambit

Origins Remy (screw the movie, he's staying Remy!!) according to the posters/previews. Classic Bruce is a surprisingly nice Taylor Kitsch likeness :) :

2ic1yd3.jpg

RECIPE: Brown-Sharpied Baltar hair, Classic Batman head, edited "Villains" Green Goblin chest, Spirit lower body, "Villains" Magneto energy-effect.

Wolverine Origins 3/4: Maverick/Agent Zero/David North

Already covered in the Wolvie TRU thread. Hate the suited version, and this is an easy-peasy Quicky:

t7mvdx.jpg

RECIPE: Agent Zero hair, Agent Zero head, Emil Blonksy vest, Silver Fox arms, Special Ops Logan lower body, Agent Zero pistols.

4/4 is still a WIP. I'll let you guess for now. ;) When he is revealed i plan to unveil an actual box for them. :)

Dark Phoenix

It's Jean Grey. Ask yourself how i couldn't:

bdprn6.jpg

RECIPE: Orange-Sharpied SI Phoenix hair, Red & orange-Sharpied SI Phoenix body, IMTTA red base.

Alpha One

DC's The Mighty. Haven't read it AT ALL, but i saw the design off of the 2nd issue's cover, and fell in love with it:

2wh2d8y.jpg

RECIPE: Edited Wasp mask, black head, edited white body.

Rin Tohsaka

You all probably have NO CLUE who she is; she's the star of my favorite anime, Fate/stay night. I just had to, and it's my first experience with digital printouts :) I like 'em:

2ih3589.jpg

RECIPE: Edited D'anna Biers hair, digital printout head, edited Ant Man upper body, black-Sharpied and cut Nurse Chapel skirt, black-Sharpied Nurse Chapel legs, CEO Tony Stark feet.

OMG has it been this long?! Well, i don't wanna be a bore, so here are my current customs. Yep, CURRENT. Freaky, right?? ;)

Origins Remy (screw the movie, he's staying Remy!!) according to the posters/previews. Classic Bruce is a surprisingly nice Taylor Kitsch likeness :) :

2ic1yd3.jpg

RECIPE: Brown-Sharpied Baltar hair, Classic Batman head, edited "Villains" Green Goblin chest, Spirit lower body, "Villains" Magneto energy-effect.

Wolverine Origins 3/4: Maverick/Agent Zero/David North

Already covered in the Wolvie TRU thread. Hate the suited version, and this is an easy-peasy Quicky:

t7mvdx.jpg

RECIPE: Agent Zero hair, Agent Zero head, Emil Blonksy vest, Silver Fox arms, Special Ops Logan lower body, Agent Zero pistols.

4/4 is still a WIP. I'll let you guess for now. ;) When he is revealed i plan to unveil an actual box for them. :)

Dark Phoenix

It's Jean Grey. Ask yourself how i couldn't:

bdprn6.jpg

RECIPE: Orange-Sharpied SI Phoenix hair, Red & orange-Sharpied SI Phoenix body, IMTTA red base.

I LOVES the X-Men characters!!!! Your movie gambit is AWESOME - i'd pay for that one. VERY professional looking.

And Jean/Phoenix is my FAVOURITE X-Man - your Dark Phoenix costume looks great. I love how dark ruby/blood red you've made her, rather than the primary red of the AA/DST exlcusive.

One *slight* suggestion - I find that the Human Torch Flame base looks better with Jean. It looks more . . . organic . . . less like a rocket blast. I have posed my Jean with Firestars wrist flames & Human Torches Flying flame base.

Anyway - enough of my pushyness.

Great work all around mate, and Superior work on Gambit & Jean. Let me know if you've thinking of selling/trading either of them : )

2ic1yd3.jpg

hey!!!!!!!!!!!i just made my own :P but yours is awesome too!!!!!!!!!

Edited by clayface1

I LOVES the X-Men characters!!!! Your movie gambit is AWESOME - i'd pay for that one. VERY professional looking.

And Jean/Phoenix is my FAVOURITE X-Man - your Dark Phoenix costume looks great. I love how dark ruby/blood red you've made her, rather than the primary red of the AA/DST exlcusive.

One *slight* suggestion - I find that the Human Torch Flame base looks better with Jean. It looks more . . . organic . . . less like a rocket blast. I have posed my Jean with Firestars wrist flames & Human Torches Flying flame base.

Anyway - enough of my pushyness.

Great work all around mate, and Superior work on Gambit & Jean. Let me know if you've thinking of selling/trading either of them : )

Haha!! I'm glad you love them!! :lol:

I totally considered using Torch's flame base, but i just liked that angled look better. Definitely agree that it looks more natural though. :) And i was actually hoping for the red to be clearer and brighter when i colored her, but when i saw the blood-red i said "My God. that's Dark Phoenix." and was incredibly happy with her. And i'm so glad you like Remy; The collar gave me issues (used goof-off and a "stencil"), but love the way he came out. Does he really look that professional??? And you can't really tell, but in direct sunlight his hair looks vibrantly brown.

Long live the Phoenix!! :P

And Clayface, your Gambit is really good!! I like the Gamora hair idea!! If i wasn't using it for another project, i'd have done that too. :)

Wait...another project?? What?? Is TTF hinting again?!

Gambit looks great!

One critique on Emma though, isn't her head shaved in the movie?

Well, i haven't seen it yet (comes out tomorrow!! YAY!! :D) but from what i saw in the previews, such as the Emma-into-diamond-form preview, i saw hair. It was really thin and pulled down far though, a hairpiece DST has yet to make. It was also more platnum-y too.

Source, but this may be a spoiler to those hardcore, must-be-suprised BY EVERYTHING types:

691-XMOW-152.standalone.prod_affiliate.8

Hej TTF, great customs! I really love your Gambit. Great work, really! You might work on your pics a little more. That Gambit picture shows that you as well as your camera ( :P ) are able to take some very clear pictures, but most of the others are a little too blury. Investing all the time for creating really cool customs you should invest a little more to take great and adequate pics as well. Just a thought. :)

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

K, so as some of you know from Luke's darling Vanilla Contest that my Mom dropped our digital camera, effed up the lens, and cannot take pics. Hopefully this little piss-off is fixed by the end of the month. Have no fear; i certainly have many customs in the works right now and will take pics when our camera is well-enough again. :)

And, for my next custom update, i will be showing the final portion of my Wolverine Origins' "Box Set." I now have that in quotes because makin this thing has been a total time-consuming of the time i DON'T have, so the box itself is, as DST would say, "put on hold until further notice." Also in the next update will be something a little personal; a few drawings of mine that i'd love to get all your opinons on, since my dream is comic artist, and a few hand-drawn preliminary-designs for some new customs in-the-works.

So yup; that's it. Can't wait for your comments in about 14 days!! :blush:

Gambit looks great!

One critique on Emma though, isn't her head shaved in the movie?

It was really thin and pulled down far though, a hairpiece DST has yet to make. It was also more platnum-y too.

BSG actually has two hair-pieces that feature blonde hair pulled back into a pony tail like

emma has in the film.

:

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=398

http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=398

They aren't perfect, but they might do the trick for you. I've used one of them to customise the Kitty Pride minimate that came out in Wave 13. For some reason, Kitty was given Dark Phoenix's big-70's hair piece, despite her mostly being protrayed with her hair pulled back into a pony tale through the Wheddon/Cassaday run of Astonishing X-Men.

• 3 months later...

Well, i guess i've waited long enough. While i get used to the new camera and start working on all that i've promised above, here's something to hold you all over. :P I present my Hunt 09 Partner, DC's Animal Man!!!!

10z8y2c.png

Comments and critiques are always appreciated. I know it's a tad blurry; as i said, i'm getting used to the new camera.

Feel free, Punisher!! For reference for anyone else:

Animal Man:

Modified Sabretooth (Jim Lee) Hairpiece/Mask

Repainted Sabretooth Torso

Repainted Sabretooth Crotch

Repainted Sabretooth Legs

Repainted Sabretooth Feet

TRU Terminator Jacket

TRU Terminator Arms

TRU Terminator Hands

Other:

GOGGLES (gee, thanks, BHM :P) made from packaging-tray plastic.