UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Neon Genesis Evangelion

maxcarnage

Wow! I just recently got the whole series on DVD and have been watching it for the past few weeks. as i was leaving the store, and i had a little buyers remorse, but i just finished episode where where Toji's EVA is posed by an angle and attacks the others! needless to say it was store credit well spent

now this is not my first time watching this show but it has been a while. i remember the last episode is totally wacked but the movie makes up for it, or at least finishes the story.

I was talking to mcdrug about this series around the time i bought and thought i would give a shout out about it and wondered if anyone else had something to add. now that i have extra time with the hunt over, this is how i have been relaxing.

EVA is absolutely amazing!! I can't stand Asuka or Shenji. My favorite characters are Pen Pen and Misato. I love the multilayering of the show. How you can watch it as is and enjoy it, or you can see it as an alagory. Everything in the show has two meanings even the title. Just out of curiosity did you buy the standard edition or the platinium? Have you seen the whole thing through already?

Just out of curiosity did you buy the standard edition or the platinium? Have you seen the whole thing through already?

I bought the standard edition. is the platinum edition have something worth paying the extra amount?

I have seen the show all the way through, but it has been sometime. and when i watched it, it was a bootlegged copy so now the picture is SO much better.

as anyone heard about the remake? when is it coming to America? can i find a copy online?

Is that a mummy robot that I see in BHM's second pic? That is always a good thing. Any ghost/cyborg pirates in this cartoon? If so, I will watch it.

while there are no pirates. there are ghosts in the cyborgs.

wait... Kaji is a spy, which is kind of like a pirate

BMH could you post some picts from the set with Asuka and her EVA when the go in the volcano (the one with the big around girl)? that is the only set i never got but always wondered about. it may be a mute point now that i have trade most of my neon Genesis kubricks away but whatever.

I could do with some better pictures of as many as you'd like to take! :)

I was going to post a picture of my collection but sadly i have traded most of it off and then deleted the picture of what i had :(

but the good news is i kept the lot from a series that came in the late 90's. And while i lost all the accessories (parent through them out, they through out my Lance of Longinus and N2 mines! :angry: ) i still have the EVAs in storage! getting them on Sunday!

I located my 10 :ohmy: Neon Genesis Evangelion box sets today & I will try & take some decent photos tomorrow. I didn't realise until today(wiki) that these were actually the 'First' kubrick sets!

really good to know. i think that is the coolest bit of useless trivia i will ever know.

but it is really cool to know that i have some of the first kubricks ever made!

Medicom produced 10 box sets that I am aware of in the Neon Genesis Evangelion kubrick series. I'm not sure in what order they were released but I'll list these in their apparent numerical order. I have included a picture of the box that each set is presented , with figures in front for reference.

EVA-00 Prototype:post-638-1222013416_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222013448_thumb.jpg

EVA-00' Prototype:post-638-1222013663_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222013697_thumb.jpg post-638-1222013731_thumb.jpg

EVA-01 Test Type:post-638-1222013920_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222013965_thumb.jpg

EVA-01 Test Type:post-638-1222014109_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222014129_thumb.jpg

EVA-01 Test Type:post-638-1222014250_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222014276_thumb.jpg

EVA-02 Production Model:post-638-1222014432_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222014490_thumb.jpg

EVA-02 Production Model Type-D:post-638-1222015301_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222015330_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222015346_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222015362_thumb.jpg

EVA-03 Production Model:post-638-1222015511_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222015546_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222015580_thumb.jpg

2nd Angel:post-638-1222015983_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222016019_thumb.jpg

EVA-05:Mass Production Model; These my friends are bloody awesome ,they look pretty mundane to start with: post-638-1222016302_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222016350_thumb.jpg but they come with a few little (for 'little' read 'huge') extras.....eat your hearts out Angel & Hawkman. :P

post-638-1222016710_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222016766_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222016827_thumb.jpgpost-638-1222016932_thumb.jpg

The ghost-like figure in the 2nd. Angel set glows in the dark :ohmy:

hey BHM does Asuka (in fat suit) have anything printed under her "fat suit?"

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&id=2909 (the one on the right)

First of all thankyou for explaining that 'Asuka (in fat suit)' is '(the one on the right)' :rolleyes:

I have removed the 'fat suit' & I have made a shocking discovery :ohmy: There is something , it says

"I'm a fat bastard"

First of all thankyou for explaining that 'Asuka (in fat suit)' is '(the one on the right)' :rolleyes:

I have removed the 'fat suit' & I have made a shocking discovery :ohmy: There is something , it says

"I'm a fat bastard"

No way! really?!

looks up gullible in dictionary, see picture of self :(

"I'm a fat bastard"

No way! really?!

OK now I'm intrigued ! What did you think 'laid beneath'?

"I'm a fat bastard"

No way! really?!

I was hoping it would be the normal suit similar to how she appears in the other set.

"I'm a fat bastard"

No way! really?!

I was hoping it would be the normal suit similar to how she appears in the other set.

No it's just a plain red torso.