UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Avengers animated movie

Zombieboyfiend

The Next Avengers

Looks very exciting. Mislabeled it New instead of Next.

Was I missing something from it. Son of Black Panther...What happened to Storm?

Eh, after Ult Avengers 2 (had nothing to do with Ultimates! Annoying) and that trailer, I'll wait for the MMMV's consensus on the film. Then maybe I'll rent it or wait until it winds up in the bargain bin. (It's bound to sometime.)

I just downloaded it. I'll watch it tonite and see if the dvd is worth buying. I really didn't like the preview I saw for it, but i will give it a chance.

tell me if they mention if Storm was lil panther's (or so I dubbed him) mother.

Yeah I thought that was weird that the only one they mentioned who their mother is was Cap Jr. and Wasp Jr. I thought it was kind of dumb they did that. Also on Marvel.com they have like a bio or something each of them and none of them mentions who the mom is but that they have all grown up together as siblings.

http://marvelkids.marvel.com/nextavengers/hawkeye#biotop

• 3 weeks later...

This DVD came out while I was on vacation. I pre-ordered it and it was waiting at home, but I just hadn't had the time to watch it. Until last night. I popped it in and I really liked it. I'm a big animation fan and I've been a big fan of the Marvel Movies (Ultimates, Iron Man, Dr Strange) and this is no different. I like the change of pace. We've seen both Ultimate Movies and we've done the large battle, alien invasion thing. This was a breath of fresh air. I do love how they tied everything together. It was a kiddie story that was accessable to a younger audience, but so is the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. So just because it's made for a younger audience doesn't mean it has to be bad. I loved Starks part in the whole thing and I love the heritage of the Avengers being a part. There were some things that I didn't like, main the Torrun/Thor angle. But for the most part I thought it was great! As for Azari, you see the Black Panter holding a hand that leads you to believe it's Storm, plus he is not only agile, but has lightning abilities. So, to think the Panter/Storm parents were in mind would be far fetched. That being said, there may have been some kind of contractual issues of using the X-Men's name. Who knows with all the bull crap in holiwood today. It would have probably cost them several thousand dollars just to show or mention Storm. So, while I think it's implied, it's never revealed!

As for the future, the Hulk Vs. movies look spectacual and I don't even like Hulk. Both trailers (Hulk Vs Wolverine and Hulk Vs Thor) are on the DVD and both looking amazing. I can't wait. And, beyond that, I have several ideas:

"X-Men: Age of Apocalypse" - Alternate X-Men Reality where Magneto leads the team.

"X-Men: X-Babies" - In a would who hate and fears........to change them.

"Daredevil: Kingpin" - Witness the greatest fight of Daredevil's life.....and maybe his last!

"Spider-Man: Black" - See the black suits true origin and the birth of Spidey's greatest foe.

"Marvel Zombies" - What happens to our world when the defenders become the hunters!

"The Death of Captain America" - When a hero falls, we find that Captain America is more than 1 man!

And finally, I'd like to see a Marvel Avengers Trilogy:

"The Mighty Avengers" - See the Avengers fall and Reborn!

"Avengers: Civil War" - With the superheroes forced to take sides, is there really a winner?

"Avengers: Secret Invasion" - In the wake of destruction the heroes have caused, a real threat finally appears!

Anyway, pick up Next Avengers, if for no other reason, you are supporting the future of these great movies. I personally hope Marvel never stops making detailed Fanboy animated comic movies. I love them! neo

As for the future, the Hulk Vs. movies look spectacual and I don't even like Hulk. Both trailers (Hulk Vs Wolverine and Hulk Vs Thor) are on the DVD and both looking amazing. I can't wait. And, beyond that, I have several ideas:

"X-Men: Age of Apocalypse" - Alternate X-Men Reality where Magneto leads the team.

"X-Men: X-Babies" - In a would who hate and fears........to change them.

"Daredevil: Kingpin" - Witness the greatest fight of Daredevil's life.....and maybe his last!

"Spider-Man: Black" - See the black suits true origin and the birth of Spidey's greatest foe.

"Marvel Zombies" - What happens to our world when the defenders become the hunters!

"The Death of Captain America" - When a hero falls, we find that Captain America is more than 1 man!

And finally, I'd like to see a Marvel Avengers Trilogy:

"The Mighty Avengers" - See the Avengers fall and Reborn!

"Avengers: Civil War" - With the superheroes forced to take sides, is there really a winner?

"Avengers: Secret Invasion" - In the wake of destruction the heroes have caused, a real threat finally appears!

The most obvious thing missing from this list is Secret Wars, which would make an awesome animated Cartoon/movie.

Back on topic, I saw N.Avengers last week and thought it was ok, better than I thought but still way too heavy on the cheese.

T.

The most obvious thing missing from this list is Secret Wars, which would make an awesome animated Cartoon/movie.

I don't know if you saw it or not, but there was actually a multi-episode arc of the 1990s Spiderman cartoon that dealt with Secret Wars. A crappy cartoon series overall, and I only vaguely remember those episodes, but do recall it being cool seeing all the different Marvel characters together at once.

Edited by karamazov80

I don't know if you saw it or not, but there was actually a multi-episode arc of the 1990s Spiderman cartoon that dealt with Secret Wars. A crappy cartoon series overall, and I only vaguely remember those episodes, but do recall it being cool seeing all the different Marvel characters together at once.

Oh yeah! I remember that episode. It was actually rather good and did the concept really well. Though I did prefer the "Spider Wars" arc, Secret Wars was fun to watch.

And of course thwere was that truly crappy "The Six Forgotten Warriors." Electro was the Red Skull's son who wound up being a God? WTF? And Cap was trapped in that time-limbo thingy again by the end just like he was in the beginning. Truly crappy story arc.

Ah, you guys just talking about it makes me wish they would bring that and the 90's X-Men cartoon to DVD. I was roughly 13 and growing during the life of those shows and they were part of my daily schedule. If you rememeber back on Fox (when Fox Kids was actually good), we had Spider-Man, X-Men, and Power Rangers all after school. And then new episodes on Saturday. It was the best time to be a kid!! Even though some of the stories were a little out there, they did a great job capturing the essence of Spider-Man and the X-Men! neo