UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hi everybody

Hello all, I've been hanging around for a little while, but this is my first post.

My first Minimates were a Spidey/Green Goblin pack I got at Target a couple of years back. I really liked them, but I couldn't bring myself to collect another line. Then during a lull in my collecting, I caught wind of the old 3 inch Star Trek line. Since it was only a total of 7 figures I rationalized that it was just something a little different for my collection. I managed to snag the 6 regulars in a very reasonable auction, and quickly found another for the exclusive. I was (and still am) in awe of the 3 inchers, and so when the new 2 inch Star Trek line was announced, I knew I'd at least get those.

Then I saw the Back to the Future, and Classic Battlestar Galactica lines. I had to get those too, of course. I pick up a few other sets here and there, trying to make quick customs, but that's where I'm trying to keep my focus, although I did pick up the New Avengers set too. I am hopeful for the Doctor Who series, but we'll see if it happens.

The funny thing is, I usually don't like figures based on actual people, because they never seem to capture the person correctly IMO. What I love about Minimates is that they really do look like who they are supposed to be, without trying to be exact. The format really appeals to me.

The rest of my collection is mostly Marvel Legends, DC Superheroes/Universe, and some OT Star Wars and Classic Transformers. Although with the price increases lately, I've been slowing down on all of those. To be honest, Minimates are what I get most excited about these days, so that works out.

I look forward to being a member here and joining in the Minimate fun. I've been on some other boards (they shall remain nameless) that seem to degrade into a lot of fighting amongst members, but everyone here seems to just enjoy discussing their love of the toys and that’s why I'm here.

-tones

What Shane said. I agree with what you're saying about the price rises. They've pretty much killed off my star wars collecting. In the UK we're looking at around £8 a figure nowadays. I'm concentrating on 'mates from now on.

Welcome tones. The atmosphere here is really nice. There is some bitching about things (amongst collectors of anything, this is bound to be the case), but the flame wars are nearly non-existent.