UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimate Avengers 2 minimate????????

rx78jj

urgh settled, I will pick up the Cap version! a dif face is enough to warrant variant... I dont think that I will buy the others like JP there's not enough of a diff.

T.

You're NOT getting Iron Man? What is this world coming to? :)

Lol yeah strange but true... however... He'd look like an odd duplicate in my display cases as he is essentailly identical except the little leg bands... and that's not enough to justify $15 to me!

T.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I picked up mine yesterday, the price tag was $11.99 but when they rang them up the register said $14.99. After I brought it to there attention, they gave me the $11.99 price.

Also something of note. The Cap and IM have different product numbers, and aren't listed together in their system. Which they didn't even know.

finally made it to TRU to check these out, and just can't justify picking one up. The slight change just doesn't do it for me to want these bad enough, perhaps if they had C3 feet. But these are a great way to get them out to the mass market, from the low stock left, I'm guessing these have sold well!

Fujis, I didn't know you were Canadian. More importantly: from BC!

Anyhow, I'll cover you.

And thanks for the pictures, JP!

Well, chances are, if the didn't show up in Vancouver, BC, they won't show up in Saskatoon, SK. So could someone get me a Captain America one?

Fujis, I didn't know you were Canadian. More importantly: from BC! Anyhow, I'll cover you.

Thanks Cappy, I've given up on the idea of one of each since, like everyone has mentioned, it's hard to justify $15 for a rerelease despite the production changes. BUT I would like to get a Captain America version - Donny B is trying to get his hands on one for me but if he can't then I would appreciate your help!

Yeah, going to go with TBT and everyone else's observation that this is to attract new buyers to Minimates ;) While I'll probable get the dvd, I'm not sure if I'll pick one up with the Minimates <_<

finally made it to TRU to check these out, and just can't justify picking one up. The slight change just doesn't do it for me to want these bad enough, perhaps if they had C3 feet. But these are a great way to get them out to the mass market, from the low stock left, I'm guessing these have sold well!

Not even C3 feet?! Jack-shit lame-ass...

If it brings new people to the product, great.

But then you'll just have MORE people complaining about no C3 feet.

hah

I think you bring up a interesting question MM. Does anyone know if the new Minimates or DCD Minimates are going to have the C3 feet? While I have yet to open up my Mates to see the difference, can someone post a pic of the difference in feet? Also, will anyone that's not a Minimaniac really notice the differences?

I think you bring up a interesting question MM. Does anyone know if the new Minimates or DCD Minimates are going to have the C3 feet? While I have yet to open up my Mates to see the difference, can someone post a pic of the difference in feet? Also, will anyone that's not a Minimaniac really notice the differences?

C3 feet have a peg hole to attach to block construction sets.

John Stewart has C3 feet, infact any newly tooled mate since C3 has C3 feet IIRC.

My Toys R Us still havent put them out. My girl says that the movies are still in the "seasonal closet" cus someone was too lazy to put them out on Tuesday. But she said I might have some luck on Friday.

My Toys R Us still havent put them out. My girl says that the movies are still in the "seasonal closet" cus someone was too lazy to put them out on Tuesday. But she said I might have some luck on Friday.

They should be able to bring them out for you. That's what they did for me because they weren't on the floor.

I went to Toys R Us today and then no such luck. My girl said that the lazy girl there did'nt wanna move her fat ass to go get the movies. Man I'm so pissed off. Well whatever. I'll just try next time.

Thanks for the pics, JP! I like the original Cap's face better, the new one gives him too much of a chin (although that might be specific tampo placement for a batch). Nice that they slapped those stickers right on the front almost obscuring the minimate. That'll look great displayed. <_<

213346316_d129d11a6a_o.jpg

I have a feeling that all of them are like this. The original Cap is on the left and the DVD Cap is on the right. I could barely tell if they looked okay or not at the store between the plastic case, the plastic window, and the plastic baggy all fogging the view up. But the other Cap left at the store was like this too.

On another note, has anyone checked Sears Essentials if they have the Hulk figure? I looked up locations in my area on K-Mart's website, but when I got there, it was converted to a Sears Essential so I went in anyway (K-Mart and Sears merged a while ago). To my surprise, there was a tag that had a listing for it. It was something like "Ultimate Avengers 2 DVD w/ Hulk minima". But they were all regular DVDs and I checked another Sears Essentials store and they had the same thing. The employees didn't know a thing but for some reason, I don't think they will get it. Either way, my set is complete.