UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimate Avengers 2 minimate????????

rx78jj

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly I agree ( not odd I agree but odd it happened) the Tampo print seems too far up on the head on Cap.

I'm really torn over these as I want to support AA by collecting them all but cant justify buying 3 dvd's for what are effectivily re-run variaints.

We'll see, I may breakdown eventually though.

T.

I picked up the DVD too. I choose IM, even though I heard Cap was different. My Im was different too....he has two rt arms.

Two "true" right arms? (ie both sporting normal red hands, not one with open repulsor palm)

That's my one niggle with Iron-man, how hard would it be to include an extra normal hand. Cap does it and he's sporting more accessories....

I still haven't found these locally. Are you guys finding them at all three outlets?

I found Iron Man and Captain America at a couple of TRU's in my area. For the Hulk, I called K-Marts near where my brother lives (since there doesn't seem to be any K-Marts left around here) and he got the last one at the only store that had them. Happy hunting!

Target has the dvd, but they did not come with any minis

Kindof a let down.

That's the whole point of stores getting things as an exclusive...

TRU has Cap or Iron Man

KMart has Hulk

No Mini's anywhere else.

Will these be a limited exclusive run, or will there be restocks?

Somewhere I heard they were just an initial production, similar to what they do will other DVD promotions.

Whatever is out there, that's it. I could be wrong.

Target has the dvd, but they did not come with any minis

Kindof a let down.

That's the whole point of stores getting things as an exclusive...

TRU has Cap or Iron Man

KMart has Hulk

No Mini's anywhere else.

Oh yeah I kinda forgot about them being exclusive...

*is a newb*

Somewhere I heard they were just an initial production, similar to what they do will other DVD promotions.

Crap!

Erm, can anyone get me a DVD with Captain America please?

I beleive you are correct.

Something tells me these might end up been quite scarce, probably a good thing they arent much different.

Did anyone look at the new look Wave 13 cap america pix and compare the faces yet? is it the same tampo?

Yep I agree with Ady (mostly out of fear of being sent to shocker toys) they arent different enough to qualify as true variants, just differnt batches.

T.

Has anyone watched the DVD yet? Any good?

I liked the last one, I know I'm in a minority on that but then again only dead fish go with the flow! :)

There are varying views... some people who liked the first hated the second. Some people who liked the first loved the second. Some people who hated the first found a bit more to like in the second. Etc etc...

My personal opinion is that the second is a bit better than the first. It could have been better, for sure. But I think they learned a bit from the process of making the first one. There's less need for introducing key players, so they were able to delve into the character development aspect a bit more. They didn't do that enough, IMO, but at least they made the attempt.

Hulk played a much smaller role, Iron Man made a costume change, Thor had a bit of a motive change from the first movie (going from environmental activist with reserves about being on the team, to being willing to make a decently big sacrifice in order to help his new friends), several people said 'I love you', Cap embraced a slightly darker mood, and one big character died.

The special features are worth watching. The bloopers (which include scenes from both the first and second movies) were actually somewhat funny. And the featurette on The Ultimates was a good watch :D

All in all, my personal input is that this movie takes it up a small notch. But it still could have been better.

Take it or leave it :rolleyes:

Got my 3 today, yays.

To be honest if you're borderline about getting these I'd say dont.

Oddly my Iron Man wasnt even in a bag, did other peoples come with a hair piece?

My Iron Man didn't come in a baggie either and I was wondering the same thing about the hair piece too.