UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimate Avengers 2 minimate????????

rx78jj

From the first Q&A thread on the new AA forum comes this little gem:

Do you have info on the Ultimnate Avengers 2 DVD Minimates?

FOR LIONS GATE – THEY ARE THE HULK, IRON MAN AND CAPTAIN AMERICA Minimates packed in with the DVD.

So maybe more than just a little plastic baggie and Hulk is among the fun also...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from The Avenger on TNI forum

I found it at TRU over the weekend for $11.99. It came with your choice of either Cap or Ironman Minimate.

Are these the same minimates that have been released before or are they different?

I got the Iron Man version. He is basically the same as the series 6 Iron Man that comes with Ghost Rider with very minor paint color differences. The Captain America is also mostly the same as his series 5 counterpart, but I think his mouth is like Series 1 Daredevil rather than the smirk that Cap has.

Daredevil5.jpg or Cap5.jpg or capt4.jpg

UltimateAvengers2.jpg

The plastic and paint used on the minimate both seem to be darker, but hardly noticable. Ultimate Avenger's beard is a dark blue/grey rather than the lighter grey on the regular. The only design differences seems to be that this version has the same rings around his feet that the regular version has only around his hands. This version also seems to have better paint applications one the helmet, but that difference could just be from random factory quality.

I'm wishing I had got Cap now, considering the new face I think he has. I got Iron Man, basically for the curiosity of finding out what was under his helmet. I like my new Iron Man better than the old one anyway so I guess it isn't a huge mistake.

I saw that the price was listed as 11.99 too, but I also got ringed up for 14.99, and only noticed it after I left.

From TheAvenger @ TNI

from The Avenger on TNI forum

I found it at TRU over the weekend for $11.99. It came with your choice of either Cap or Ironman Minimate.

Are these the same minimates that have been released before or are they different?

I got the Iron Man version. He is basically the same as the series 6 Iron Man that comes with Ghost Rider with very minor paint color differences. The Captain America is also mostly the same as his series 5 counterpart, but I think his mouth is like Series 1 Daredevil rather than the smirk that Cap has.

Daredevil5.jpg or Cap5.jpg or capt4.jpg

which is the one you get with the dvd, and what about the hulk??

At least it's not blind packing, but...

lol I knew this would come out.... its not you personally CYC its the...

"PAH it's not new attutude..."

These aren't aimed at us guys... they are aimed at getting new folks on board with a cool minimate freebie!!

people who dont know what minimates are and dont care if it's a regular face or a different one.

Let's not get into the negativity of it's just a rehash...... So what if it is... If it wasnt with the DVD then you wouldnt be worried about it.... If you want the movie then great you get another figure.

T.

At least it's not blind packing, but...

lol I knew this would come out.... its not you personally CYC its the...

"PAH it's not new attutude..."

These aren't aimed at us guys... they are aimed at getting new folks on board with a cool minimate freebie!!

people who dont know what minimates are and dont care if it's a regular face or a different one.

Let's not get into the negativity of it's just a rehash...... So what if it is... If it wasnt with the DVD then you wouldnt be worried about it.... If you want the movie then great you get another figure.

T.

I'll admit it's partly that, but I have a less than glowing view of the first movie, so the Minimates were the make or break if I was going to even considering ordering it. While it will help get Minimates out there, I'd wager that another Darktide would have a large more noticble effect.

^^^^ I disagree, Cyc. The animated movies are far more wide reaching than the Darktide.

I couldn't imagine a better pairing than with the DVD. Perhaps getting them boxed with a hit video game.

Maybe with Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, or Justice League Heroes for DC?

Hmm two sources say Cap/Iron Man and one says Cap/Iron Man and Hulk.

Gah the suspense!

Just called the one TRU left in the area and they said they have these in stock with only Cap & Iron Man minimates available with them. My question is why would Hulk be packed in with this movie, from what I've heard he's barely in it (just a few minutes)?

Has it been confirmed that only TRU will have these with minimates? The main release for movie to all retail stores is next Tuesday, perhaps Hulk/Cap/Iron Man will be available in regular release?

That's got me asking again if the mates are exclusive to TRU, as a lot of the other auctions for it don't mention the mates (though admittedly are lot of them are automated store entries with "stock" cover art)

I hope you live near a K-Mart (or know someone who does), because it looks like that is the only way to get the Hulk version. I discovered this tasty nugget moments ago while thumbing through next week's K-Mart ad (it's where I buy all my underwear), and instantly thought of you guys. (You know, instead of all my other Internet Minimate friends. :))

kmartAd.jpg

It doesn't mention Cap or Iron Man, so I can't say if K-Mart will have them or not. At least this explains why no Hulks were found at TRU.

I'm an excellent driver.