UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who says we have too many IronMan!!

TBT!

Title says it all really I though it would be fun to line up my Ironman mates and take a snap.

(sorry if these are a bit fuzzy/grainy, my camera sucks big time!!)

*EDITED to Include Light up IronMan.*

post-7-1217279511_thumb.jpg

Here's the Tony stark side of the lineup.

post-7-1217277004_thumb.jpg

And the IM side.

post-7-1217277203_thumb.jpg

Totally aware the couple at the back aren't exactly high quality customs as they were probably the first customs I did way back in the day.

The only two that are missing are zombie.( didn't have one to hand) and CivWar IM, I kinda hate the CivWar figure and will treat the movie version as the extremis armor!

T.

Is your "light up" Iron Man in there somewhere?

I just added him, took another snap and edited the first post!

*Edit*

Actually seeing that figure on the base makes me want to take a Movie version when it's released and do all the lights/wires as internals and run them down into the flame stand and make it into a minimate light up statue that doesn't suffer from the ugly external stuff on the back of that figure.

T.

I think we could do with a few more Iron Man out fits. Artic, Space, and Hulk Buster Iron Man
Let us not forget

Swamp Iron Man

Desert Iron Man

Dry, Temperate Climate Iron Man

Stratosphere Iron Man

Ninja Iron Man

Kota-riding Iron Man

I love these new Iron Man sets. I can't wait for the movie ones to come out. I just opened up my two packs of the Iron Man Through the Ages sets. Really nice looking, and the paint apps look fantastic. I remember when we used to have to worry about the less than stellar paint apps on our minimates. I think those days may be behind us now.

Naw, we can always have more Iron Man figures.....there are so many more that they haven't come out with yet...Hell, they still need to make the Factory Armor!

ironarmor3a.jpg

By the way T. , where do you pick up your LED stuff at?

Especially the battery setups.....my Vengence can use a retooling on the battery portion since the one I made is quite.....uumm....Ugly!

Plus, I'd really like to make a few of my own light bases and some more Illuminated mates.

Yes!!!!!! I'm still waiting for my Titanium Man. And lets not forget about the Ultimate Iron Man. Iron Maniac anyone?

Did anyone ever ask if we had to many thing variants..........

Really did we need that many

*waits for Butheadsmate to come back from the pub and make a... "too much of a good Thing" joke..*

T.

I just got my Iron Man through the Ages set. One of the helmets is permanantly stuck on the wrong head now... so I want be seeing Tony's face on that one. :lol:

How is it "permanently" stuck? Someone here posted that for these issues, you can stick the head on a 2.5" body, and then pry the helmet off without the head coming with it. Personally, I have had success sticking a small screwdriver into the head's cavity at an angle and pulling it off that way.

I just got my Iron Man through the Ages set. One of the helmets is permanantly stuck on the wrong head now... so I want be seeing Tony's face on that one. :lol:

Thats why I removed Tony's heads on all those Mates and replaced then with unwanted Thing and Spidey heads. If the helmets get stuck... who cares?

• 4 weeks later...

For the record (since I started the too many Iron Men debate a while back) my issue isn't the amount of Iron Men 'mates OVERALL, just the sheer amount that have come out, or have been announced, in the last year. Particularly in relation to the rest of the Marvel Universe in that time.

But yes, there are too many of them. They look nice together though!