UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Hunt 2008 banter thread.

TBT!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part is that because I organise these I never get to playalong... Perhaps sometime before next year, just for fun I'll get you guys to set me a bunch of challenges to photograph ;)

T.

:devil: I shall begin work on those challenges today :devil:

But how is he supposed to get the camera up the stripper's ass for #17?

Congrats to the winners and thanks to T for keeping everyone's mind off the hurt that will be hitting our wallets in the remainder of the year.

Yay! I made the 4th place! Congratulations to the other winners!

I just started browsing the pics and there are a lot of images I really love! (especially Ivan's No-Go-Area (!!!), Max Carnage's Dressed-Up Pic and VBPanizzi's video game stil!) Well done!

That is really, really upsetting :sad:

I had fun and thought i did kinda good...

Hej, I don't want to offend you, but you only completed 10 out of possible 30 challenges, so it isn't said, that the ones you did were terrible. If you try to get as much of them as possible next time, you won't be 17th best! ;)

I love the Sgt. pepper album cover one! That was awesome!!

I sign that! Probably in my Top 5. We'll see, I'm still browsing.

And of course:

Opps yeah I forgot... if you want to post those somewhere on the internet links please do.

( esp Bob Harris, who's utube vid was my fave in this catagory)

Thank you very much for the credit T!, so if you like to watch, here's my mate's commentary on the Hunt!

:biggrin:

Edited by Bob Harris

I'm so excited I won the set! That's what I was hoping for. Congratulations to all the winners! I love this contest! Thanks to all the judges, especially TBT, for all the time and effort put into the contest!

My "kissed by a cute girl" picture didn't make it into the album so here it is:

post-1173-1222712337_thumb.jpg

Here's my link:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/membe...rofile&u=54

Opps yeah I forgot... if you want to post those somewhere on the internet links please do.

Thank you very much for the credit T!, so if you like to watch, here's my mate's commentary on the Hunt!

That was awesome! Great work!

My "kissed by a cute girl" picture didn't make it into the album so here it is:

post-1173-1222712337_thumb.jpg

That's odd perhaps a quirk of photobucket, I'll upload it at some point. I just checked my score matrix and you did get the points for it! so it must have simply been lost in translation! - my bad!

T.

Yay! I made the 4th place! Congratulations to the other winners!

I just started browsing the pics and there are a lot of images I really love! (especially Ivan's No-Go-Area (!!!), Max Carnage's Dressed-Up Pic and VBPanizzi's video game stil!) Well done!

That is really, really upsetting :sad:

I had fun and thought i did kinda good...

Hej, I don't want to offend you, but you only completed 10 out of possible 30 challenges, so it isn't said, that the ones you did were terrible. If you try to get as much of them as possible next time, you won't be 17th best! ;)

I love the Sgt. pepper album cover one! That was awesome!!

I sign that! Probably in my Top 5. We'll see, I'm still browsing.

And of course:

I took 25, dude. For some reason i suppose only ten were selected??

...Now that the contest's over, I wanna hear everybody's stories of stuff that happened while they were taking pictures....

Heh, most of my stories involve Jello*. This was my first Jello photo. B06-Jello.jpg

My grandiose plans included a little Jello city made from from various molds I had available (shot glasses, martini glasses, shooter glasses, beer mugs, candle holders), but the combination of my impatience and the infamous jello wiggle doomed that venture. That photo above shows Agent Velour in the remnants of the once burgeoning metropolis.

For a while that was going to the pic I was going to submit, but I was never really happy with it. Then the idea of the glowing, rainbow jello mold popped in my head and I ran with that. Once, after pulling the mostly-full vase out of the refrigerator to add another layer, I dropped it. Luckily, the eight inch fall only chipped the base and the whole thing didn't shatter. Although on second thought, my kitchen floor covered in glass and Jello probably would have made a good submission for the contest anyway. :)

I was really pushing the deadline for the Jello photo. In fact the upper level hadn't set at all when I took the shot. I since went on to fill the vase after the end of the contest just to take more photos. Here are a few (click to enlarge):

IMG_1159t.jpgIMG_1183t.jpgIMG_1190t.jpg

Over the course of the two setups I made over 30 cups of Jello. To protect the guilty I won't discuss how it was disposed of.

I apologize for not having a "Dress like your Minimate" photo. I know many of you were looking forward to it. There were two possible poses I had planned. The first was splayed out on a bearskin rug in front of a roaring fireplace. The second would have been me looking over my shoulder at the camera with a seductive, come-hither look in my eyes. (Like this or this.)

Unfortunately, when I went to the closet to retrieve my black leather jacket from long-term storage I realized how faulty my memory has become. It turns out that sometime in the 80s I traded that svelte black jacket for a snazzy red one like Michael Jackson wore in the Thriller video. Heh, I didn't get the points, but I now have an excellent Halloween costume.

Finally, I also took a more traditional (read: alien-less) moon landing photo that I really like but somehow felt wasn't right for the contest. Aliens make everything better.

B09-HistoricB.jpg

Thanks to Timbo and all the judges. This was fun.

(*Hunt and real life.)

Edited by Ivan

Nope all were marked, despite you sending half of them as a hosted link by PM instead of the requested email like everyone else! As per Punisher it was untenable to download re-jiggle and then upload your images hence considerably less in the gallery.

a lot of your images weren't clear either of what the content was or simply the quality was blurred beyond recognition.

T.

Nope all were marked, despite you sending half of them as a hosted link by PM instead of the requested email like everyone else! As per Punisher it was untenable to download re-jiggle and then upload your images hence considerably less in the gallery.

a lot of your images weren't clear either of what the content was or simply the quality was blurred beyond recognition.

T.

Yeah, i know. Really, really, really sucky camera. even with the slight natural hand-twitch the shot was terrible. I took like thirty (exaggerated) pics of the same scene and none looked right at all...

Thank you for clarifying the pic. And i am pretty sure you know the incident with that e-mail and how it wouldn't send from my million-and-one pms!!! ;)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I have a kind of funny story. When I went to do challange #7 (vs Ninjas) I THOUGHT I still had a bunch of my old GI joe ninjas in one of my boxes of old toys, but when I looked...there was only one left! So I had to wrap up the G.I.Joes "Firefly" to try and make him look like a member of the ninja gang. Im happy with how it turned out. My mate looks like he's putting up a good fight.

7-VsNinjas.jpg

When I read challange #15 (eaten by another toy) I immediately thought of my Mcfarlane Jaws diorama. It seems like it was especially made for this challange..ha ha ha

15-EatenbyToy.jpg

I have a kind of funny story. When I went to do challange #7 (vs Ninjas) I THOUGHT I still had a bunch of my old GI joe ninjas in one of my boxes of old toys, but when I looked...there was only one left! So I had to wrap up the G.I.Joes "Firefly" to try and make him look like a member of the ninja gang. Im happy with how it turned out. My mate looks like he's putting up a good fight.

7-VsNinjas.jpg

When I read challange #15 (eaten by another toy) I immediately thought of my Mcfarlane Jaws diorama. It seems like it was especially made for this challange..ha ha ha

15-EatenbyToy.jpg

It's like McFarlane was psychic in making that! Nice job. Beats out my crappy pelican by a long shot. Actually, it beats out all of my pics! :sweat:

I actually just realized this, but none of my pictures are in the minicontest album. This makes me sad. D:

@Galactusmate: xD The ninja one is the best thing ever. How'd you get those backgrounds?

Edited by McDurg

I actually just realized this, but none of my pictures are in the minicontest album. This makes me sad. D:

Aww that stinks.

@Galactusmate: xD The ninja one is the best thing ever. How'd you get those backgrounds?

Thanks bro! I used my laptop as a background backdrop. (If you look at my Star wars lego videogame entry you can see it better) I put a T-shirt on the keys, then looked up pics on yahoo of a temple or water etc....

Thanks bro! I used my laptop as a background backdrop. (If you look at my Star wars lego videogame entry you can see it better) I put a T-shirt on the keys, then looked up pics on yahoo of a temple or water etc....

That's a really clever idea. . .wish I would have thought of it for some of those tasks. I used a computer backdrop once, but I never thought of using it as a diorama.

Storm Shadow was also my ninja, but as you can see, instead of a cool, ancient Japanese backdrop, my ninjas fought my buddy on my funky, rusty old washing machine :blush:

k80_7.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Obviously a good clean fight!

Oh my... I just might have to punch a baby.

@Galactus: What makes that ninja pic funny, is just the fact that your other ninja looks like a cripple wrapped in bandages.

Ha ha I know, but I only had one ninja so I had to get creative :confused:

Interestingly enough, the wrestling mummy in the video I linked eventually appeared as a giant ninja who, like the mummy before him, was called the "Ye-Tay" despite the fact that abominable snowmen are not typically represented as mummy-ninjas. No explanation was given for why he became a ninja, or for why he was ever called the "Ye-Tay." He did first appear out of a giant block of ice, though.

I used my laptop as a background backdrop. (If you look at my Star wars lego videogame entry you can see it better) I put a T-shirt on the keys, then looked up pics on yahoo of a temple or water etc....

I used my laptop as a background for the videogame challenge (Bioshock) and for the Sentry Pic I used in my video link. That's a nice and easy way to add some special backgrounds, but it's hard to get a nice and warm light using it.

I browsed all pics and made up a personal best-of, which you - if you like to - can view here. There are some awesome pics and I tried to come up with my personal favorite for each challenge. I also tried to comment on every pic I've chosen. Certainly I did not add any of my own pics in this hall of fame thing, so you're free to say, "Bob, your image for challenge #XY should definitely be added to this selection of pure awesomeness"!