UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anybody got pics of the SDCC 08 exclusive IM & Invaders sets?

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here ya go, folks!

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3612.jpg

First impressions: Captain America's and Bucky's backpack piece has a peg, so they can carry their shields on their backs! Both Cap masks look fine, though I'm not sure why there are two? Not that I'm complaining. The paint on Human Torch is very subtle - it shows up much better in the pics than in person. Also, they're getting plenty of use out of the new flame-launching piece.

It looks like there is a slot for a repulsor-ray-blasting hand for the Modular Iron Man (top right), but mine didn't come with one. We'll have to see if this is the way they all are, or if I got a bad one. Also, I really like both of the Tony Stark hairpieces!

These look so awesome! I will definately be getting these as soon at Limited Edition get them!

Vig

Thanks for posting the photos JadOnTV. After being preoccupied with all the other upcoming mates, now I'm just excited to get these sets again...

Anyone who has these already -- is the gold paint on the top right Iron Man different on his arms and torso, or is that just the light hitting it differently? And if it is different shades, is it particularly noticeable in person?

Aside from that, these look awesome. It's actually kind of funny how much stuff is crammed into each pack!

Isn't it great that not only does the Human Torch come with a new "flying firey blast" piece, but you get 2 of 'em in the IM sets. Sweet Christmas!

Tis great. It is also pretty great that Cap and Bucky have the backpack-things, so I can leave it on this Cap and put the extra on one of my other Caps.

I've taken a liking that new Captain America and golden age Human Torch, but the Iron Man set seems like the best. In my opinion the Cap and Human Torch are better than most of the Iron Men, but the Bucky and Namor I can live without.

JadOnTV:

I didn't notice in your pic before, but you are missing a repulsor-ray-blasting hand on the top right slot. I have two in mine and both are exactly the same. Show Chuck at DST or Pat at AFX and they may be able to replace the set for you on the spot.

battlecat:

Yes, the shading is a little off. The arms don't exactly match the torso and helmet.

I believe the bottle should be in the bottom left slot but I don't have one either. Maybe they took it out at the last minute since alcohol isn't "kid-friendly". I haven't asked DST or any of the other guys about it yet.

Edit:

I just noticed a packaging error on the side of the Iron Man Boxed set. The Mark III and the Mark VI armor labels under the pictures are switched around. Or is it the pictures that are switched around? I'm gonna scold DST tomorrow. Well, maybe not until they give me the clear blank of the day first. :D

Edited by storm 1:08

I cant wait to get my hands on these I had a guy I work with pick em up for me. I emailed him this morning to see if he could grab me the NECA Mouser 3 pack from the TMNT collection but I haven't heard from him... At least I know I got these coming to me on Monday.

ummm where is drunk Tony's bottle?

It was packed in with Col. Tigh.

ummm where is drunk Tony's bottle?

I agree they shiuld have thrown one of these in there:

http://minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=362

Or if anyone has the sin city figure of Shelly she came with a few beer bottles you could use as a Bourbon bottle. I'll dig one out and post a pic

Storm 1:08: Thanks for confirming for me that I'm missing a repulsor hand. Since I'm not going back to the con, I guess I'll have to email DST about the missing part.

bilbofett: I just may have to ask you for one of your spare repulsor hands, if DST doesn't get back to me!

Edited by JadOnTV

[bStorm 1:08:[/b] Thanks for confirming for me that I'm missing a repulsor hand. Since I'm not going back to the con, I guess I'll have to email DST about the missing part.

bilbofett: I just may have to ask you for one of your spare repulsor hands, if DST doesn't get back to me!

When I get my sets and get everything put together, definitely.

in case anyone was wondering how the new captain compares to the rest:

P1010043.jpg

also there are a bunch of iron men in the back ground

Edit: oh poop i just realized i forgot col. America AKA zombie cap. America

Edited by maxcarnage

Thanks for the pics Max, though you're also missing the elusive Ultimate Avengers 2 Cap ;)

I really dig the new, "silver age" Cap get-up quite a bit. He's got a nice look to him, and he certainly looks distinctive enough from the others to make him worth buying. I may pass on the new Iron Man set, but that Invaders set is a must buy. . .

--edit: I wonder how many people actually keep that hideous grin on wave 12 Cap? :) That Sentry head has been terrific, it is my Cap head, my Thor head, as well as my sometimes Angel head--

Edited by karamazov80

in case anyone was wondering how the new captain compares to the rest:

P1010043.jpg

also there are a bunch of iron men in the back ground

Edit: oh poop i just realized i forgot col. America AKA zombie cap. America

thanks max you have confirmed it...that needs to be my new cap! i still love the wave 5 version but wow this one looks sooo good!