UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anybody got pics of the SDCC 08 exclusive IM & Invaders sets?

MINI_MYTE

I got a question to ask. When is the Iron Man Through The Ages box set coming out to comic book stores?

I guess it's up to the comic shop to order it. Ask your closest LCS if they'll get a set for you. If not try an e-tailer or someone from here might be able to help you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The invaders Boxset rates up as one of the best produced to date. I'm just loving it. There is a small error I noticed on the Ironman box.

They have the pictures mixed up on the back of of box. The write up for the MKIII mentions its the first time for red and yellow look but it shows the bulkier MKIV armour pic and the same the other way the write for the MKIV shows the red and yellow horn mask picture.

I want a AA/DST/AFX. no-prize. :D

Regarding the Invaders boxset, I'm curious about something. My FA Cap mask is painted unusually, with the face painted much closer to one ear than the other. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it only me? I'll try to post a pic soon, to better illustrate my problem.

Regarding the Invaders boxset, I'm curious about something. My FA Cap mask is painted unusually, with the face painted much closer to one ear than the other. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it only me? I'll try to post a pic soon, to better illustrate my problem.

I have a similar problem with my Web Armor Spidey. Rather than the web lines on his mask intersecting in the center of his face it was a little to one side or his eyes were painted to one side either way it was off. Must be a semi common glitch.

Why is is so expensive to get theses on ebay right now?

That 8 @$%in' dollar shipping from AFX is making me not buy a second set of each of these and I really want to.

I'm hoping that they will pop up on scifigenre at some point (which usually has these sets for cheaper than elsewhere, and has cheaper shipping), but I have also been put off by the high shipping costs. It's hard for me to justify paying essentially 20+ dollars per set right now.

That 8 @$%in' dollar shipping from AFX is making me not buy a second set of each of these and I really want to.

I'm hoping that they will pop up on scifigenre at some point (which usually has these sets for cheaper than elsewhere, and has cheaper shipping), but I have also been put off by the high shipping costs. It's hard for me to justify paying essentially 20+ dollars per set right now.

Just the other day this guy (see link below) had the Invaders & IM through the Ages sets for a buy it now of 27.99 with 8.40 shipping. Of course, like a moron, I waited until I got home and they were gone.

He has the Civil War and the SDCC sets for 47 something and 8.40 shipping which works out to 3 bucks each for shipping but I already have the Civil War set....

http://cgi.ebay.com/SDCC-Marvel-IRON-MAN-I...id=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Try living in the UK,

$15+ for shipping most boxed sets and i have to scour ebay and plead with most people to ship to the UK, i got 2 Invaders sets for $18 each and then shipping was another $23 ontop of that, don't even ask what i payed to a certain ebay shop seller for shipping 12 DC minimates

andymini30, may I recommend Limited Edition. It is a comic store in Plymouth, and I stand by my claim that it is the best in the country. They get lots of items in, normally a few weeks to a month after America. They have good prices, and have all the exclusive sets. They are also very nice, having dealt with them a couple of times. They also offer free shipping for MMV members.

Send them an email at ltded@blueyonder.co.uk

Hopefully this will make things easier for you, it certainly did for me! :)

Vig

Edited by Vigilante

As always (though unneccessarily) I'll vouch for LE, especially having met the guy in person. He's a real nice guy, who truly wants to help others. Drop him an email. :)

I have a similar problem with my Web Armor Spidey. Rather than the web lines on his mask intersecting in the center of his face it was a little to one side or his eyes were painted to one side either way it was off. Must be a semi common glitch.

My Web Armor's eyes are *very* slightly off center, but I never would've noticed without looking for it. Same with FA Cap's face, which is slightly closer to the right ear, but I wouldn't have picked up on it without your post. So either yours are more messed up or you're just way more observant ;)

My gray-metal-suit Iron Man from the new set, however, has the whole outer chest image printed too low AND lopsided, which is really noticeable and weird looking. It's like the machine/person printing it slipped. Luckily I like the set enough that I ordered a second to get the alternate suits, so hopefully the new one will be fine.

Oh and I also had some yellow paint missing on the arm of one of the Civil War Iron Mans I got. I hope this isn't a growing issue with the line, the last time I had any sloppy paint on a Minimate was way back with Yellow Daredevil. They're usually pretty perfect.

Edited by battlecat

andymini30, may I recommend Limited Edition. It is a comic store in Plymouth, and I stand by my claim that it is the best in the country. They get lots of items in, normally a few weeks to a month after America. They have good prices, and have all the exclusive sets. They are also very nice, having dealt with them a couple of times. They also offer free shipping for MMV members.

Send them an email at ltded@blueyonder.co.uk

Hopefully this will make things easier for you, it certainly did for me! :)

Vig

cool, i'll drop him an email

cheers fellas