UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hellboy 2

I'm surprised there has been no topics about this movie yet, seeing as this board has a large comic base. I really cant wait for this to come out in the UK I am prob more interested in this the the new Batman movie. I loved the first movie and it caught a lot of non comic fans I know by surprise on how good and fun it is. it was great to look at and the characters where spot on for me.

Hellboy was a for me a real sleeper of a film I can remember ppl saying they dont want to see it as its a comic movie and not their cup of tea, then after they had watched it on DVD or on TV they really enjoyed it. I had the same sort of thing getting ppl to watch Sin City at the movies only to get a standard I aint watching a Black & White Comic movie. Again a lot of these ppl when finally seeing the movie where engrossed just by the style and storylines.

Enough rambling But anyone seen hellboy 2 yet?

I saw it on Sunday and was not as impressed as I was the first time. It wasn't horrible or anything it just didn't pack the same punch it did the first time around. Too much love story in my opinion and I didn't care for the actress that played the Princess, she layed the whole damsel in distress thing down way too thick and it got kind of annoying. The special effects of course were awesome but the fact that you didn't get to see the Golden Army until the last ten minutes of the movie was kind of a let down.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I enjoyed the first Hellboy when it came out on DVD. Loved the humor and Perlman's preformance, so I will probably see this in theaters with a friend. From the previews it looked very action packed, with lots of CGI and crumbling debris. ;)

(Since I couldn't give a rats @ss about Batman...)

you lie.... YOU LIE! :verymad::batmanblue:

Edited by Havoc 05

My wife and I went to see this last week and loved it. While it wasn't in the same vein as the 1st, that isn't always a bad thing. Something I liked about it was their seemed to be a progression from the 1st to the 2nd Hellboy. Makes me look forward to what Del Toro has in store for The Hobbit. He's slowly becoming one of my favorite directors and you can definitely see the influence of other directors in his work. Not to mention a love for moving parts and fairy tales. Definitely some influence from his Pan's Laby feature in this one. Have to wonder if they'll be a 3rd one to keep things moving or this is the bookend of the story? If so, wouldn't mind seeing a Abe or another character feature to be honest. The only thing I didn't like was the guy who took over for Broom didn't evolve as a character. The 1st film seem to set him up as a mentor/surrogate father replacement for Broom. Unfortunately, he was pretty much the same character as he was in the first movie. That was the only negative thing I have for the movie. It's a fun, roller coaster ride movie. Just sit down and enjoy the ride.

I loved Hellboy2. I liked it better than the first one. The characters were able to become better developed and the action was way better. Liz was finally able to shine and Abe was not such an aftertought this go-round. I really enjoyed it.

I gotta agree with Reideen. I liked it more than Iron Man.

I saw it the other night, I thought it was really cool. The best part for me (and why I went to see it in theatre) was the monsters. Guillermo del Toro has a crazy imagination and I always look foward to his films. (Anybody else here love Pan's Labyrinth) I can't wait to see the Hobbit and hopefully he still makes At the Mountains of Madness (H.P. Lovecraft). Anyway, back to Hellboy. The only part I did nt like was the soundtrack, it sounded like it was a bunch of different styles of songs mixed and mashed and thrown together.

Loved this movie more than the first. HB's just such a likeable schlub. Abe and Liz's characters were developed a little more and the addition of Johann was the cherry on top. Loved the locker room scene he has with HB. Very funny stuff. Seth Mcfarlane did an amazing German accent voicing this character. And it was cool that Doug Jones (the body actor for Abe) was able voice his own character in this film. David Hyde Pierce provided Abe's voice in the first flick (for all those of you who've been living under a rock for the last 4 years). I sure hope we get to see a Hellboy 3 some day. Bring on Roger!

I saw this one tonight--wisely avoiding the insane mob of Dark Knight moviegoers--and agree with the praise that others here have heaped on it. Great flick. Fun (and funny), a lot of depth, lots of great action, great creatures. . .I think I may have enjoyed it more than Iron Man or Hulk, as well, and I really enjoyed both of those. Better than the first one, and it seems that Guillermo can do no wrong nowadays (let's hope the trend continues with Hobbit).

Now all I gots to do is wait a few days and go see Dark Knight. . .very difficult to do.

(was Seth McFarlane really Krauss? I don't generally care for the guy, but that was a great voice job)