UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Also on a note of retail games, has anybody gotten the new Bad Company 2 game, s it better than Call of Duty MW2?

It's different!

I love the game but it needs a different mindset, things are more open and there is a lot more scope for doing things your way rather than flat out run and gun infantry combat. The vehicles and destruction make for a very different game. Also be prepared to get owned a lot to start as you have minimal kit and it feels different to COD aiming needs to be more precise!

I know that Doc and one or two others from here have it and might like to chip in with their thoughts?

T.

I have it on ps3 I will play with anyone online,My psn id is darkredshdow just message me your name and we can play

The game is amazing except for when someone uses a RPG-7 as a sniper

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the game but I hate actually playing it.

Sounds like my feelings toward Ghosts and Goblins. Fun, basic side-scroller. But at the same time, possibly the hardest game ever created.

I usually play with my sister. She plays, and I tell her what to do. I'm better with the figuring out puzzles and strategy. She's the combo-wielding, limit-breaking, face-dashing master. I tell her how to beat them though. I figure it out, see the patterns, tell her when to strike, keep an eye on her health, all that jazz. Then when that doesn't work, I look it up online. :P

Our playing styles are completely different too. I'll fire a shot and then reload. I'll be down a health bar and heal. She'll wander through the world with one shot in the chamber and her shields blinking red. I'm a button masher. I just press random things. She figures out the combos and pulls them off flawlessly. Yet when we work together it's an amazing combination.

Alright, I broke out Halo ODST again last night. I've been reading alot about Reach and I'm pumping myself up. After limiting myself to mainly MW2 Multiplayer I haven't played Halo in months. Even playing last night I remember why I do love that game. It can be annoying, but I just play for the fun of it. I seem to actually have more fun with Halo than MW2, but it may just be that I was a little burned out. Anyway, I can't WAIT for Reach Beta!!! I'm going to play back through the story again to unlock the rest of the Avatar stuff, I actually LOVE the unlockable Avatar stuff. I'm really upset that more companies are using this formula. Obviously I know why. They are allowed to put their clothes on the Marketplace and actually charge for it which makes it almost pointless to give it away for free. However, that being said, I really love the few games that do.

On that subject, I really believe this should be a requirement from MS going forward. They required that every original Xbox 360 game have Acheivements and that has been a fantastic idea. They should also make it a requirement going forward that every game should at least feature 1 or 2 exclusive unlockables. That would allow the sales to keep up, but it would also give the true gamers something to shoot for. Right now I can buy and wear a Big Daddy suit and never play Bioshock, that seems weird to me (and I wouldn't do it by the way). Just think, if you play Madden and you win the Superbowl with a team in a season mode you unlock an exclusive Team Hat and Shirt. They can still sale jerseys, but how cool would it be have a replica Super Bowl shirt with your team on it? Or, what about beating Ultimate Alliance 2 and you unlock a shirt with the main characters on them. There are no marvel shirts on the marketplace at all. Or even something like beating Shadow Complex and you Unlock the suit or even just the helmet. I really love the idea, but feel that if MS doesn't make it mandatory that it will just disappear. Once I unlock my Recon Helmet for achieving level 50 on waypoint that will mean something. As opposed to dressing like Ghost from MW2 which is something that my 74 year old grandmother could do by buying the outfit!

One final note, I need something to play on my DS. I'm on the last boss fight in Spirit Tracks. I will finish tonight and look to trade it in for something else, but I'm torn. Most of me wants to pick up SoulSilver because I know how fantastic that game is. However, I've beaten that game before so do I really want to invest another 40+ hours into the same game? I'm at a crossroads, any DS love?!?

neo

One final note, I need something to play on my DS. I'm on the last boss fight in Spirit Tracks. I will finish tonight and look to trade it in for something else, but I'm torn. Most of me wants to pick up SoulSilver because I know how fantastic that game is. However, I've beaten that game before so do I really want to invest another 40+ hours into the same game? I'm at a crossroads, any DS love?!?

neo

HG (my baby version) is fantastic. Not gonna lie. However, should you not go for it, I have to reccommend Scribblenauts if you haven't played it yet. If you have, all of my other games are too old to tell you about as you have probably played them all.

On a strange coincidence, I just today got Spirit Tracks. It was on sale. So... is it really that good?

I started playing Just Cause 2 the other day and it is a lot of fun. I have no real idea of what the story is but it seems that the point of the game is to destabilize the government in a foreign nation so you just go around blowing stuff up.

neo

HG (my baby version) is fantastic. Not gonna lie. However, should you not go for it, I have to reccommend Scribblenauts if you haven't played it yet. If you have, all of my other games are too old to tell you about as you have probably played them all.

On a strange coincidence, I just today got Spirit Tracks. It was on sale. So... is it really that good?

Thanks for the tip. I actually have heard good things about Scribblenauts but I haven't played it yet. As for PokeMon, I think I'm going to pick up SS anyway.....I can't help myself :).

And, for Zelda, it's really good. My main issue with both of the DS games are the traveling methods. While I love the open world, I don't like all of the riding around shooting a canon. It's fun for a while, but get old. In Hourglass as least you could take your own course, in Spirit you have to ride the rails just like they are which becomes boring after about the first dungeon. HOWEVER, all of that being said, I still love the games. The puzzles and action is akin to what I love from Link to the Past. While I would appreciate the option to use the buttons, the stylus play is flawless! If you liked Hourglass or LttP, you will love the game......even with the boring train rides! neo

I started playing Just Cause 2 the other day and it is a lot of fun. I have no real idea of what the story is but it seems that the point of the game is to destabilize the government in a foreign nation so you just go around blowing stuff up.

I have been playing the demo for jaust cause 2 ever since the demo came out,It is so addictive!I am planning on buying it.Did you find the LOST hatch?

I beat the story for Bad Company 2 (PC), so I'm cycling through a few PS3 games that I've yet to finish. Juggling Saboteur and Heavy Rain right now. I need to start on Bioshock 2 at some point, and I need to finish God of War 1 and 2 so I can move on to 3.

I have more games than time, I'm afraid. :(

Hey, don't mean to be spamming the thread but, my friends found a site that uses a Microsoft points generator and gives out codes. But the gimmick is that people need to visit your "page". My link is below. and if anybody decides to give this a try, then I'll go on their link also.

http://www.mspointsgenerators.com/?i=266726

Found this out from a friend. I know we have some people who are playing Pokemon HG/SS and are proudly wearing their Pokewalkers. But if, by chance, you lose them, you can order a new one for $15 + S/H + tax at the Nintendo Store:

http://store.nintendo.com/

Parts & Accessories, Manuals -> Nintendo DS -> Nintendo DS Lite -> Parts & Accessories

They also sell the battery covers too. Just don't go to Ebay where they are going for about $30. I am thinking of getting a spare just in case as a preventative measure...

Yeah never prestige'd in cod4 it just seemed kind of silly. I may prestige in mw2 because of the extra create a class you get. As it stands I find myself constantly changing my classes. I just really like my claymores and all the attachments for my guns so I'm not sure.

Finally after many a false start and many MANY hours spent just skiving it off, I beat Oblivion's main quest. Have to say I love that ending.

Anyway I think that might just do it for my Oblivion playing for a while. All the factions beaten and the main quest... so I think I'm done for now.

Yeah never prestige'd in cod4 it just seemed kind of silly. I may prestige in mw2 because of the extra create a class you get. As it stands I find myself constantly changing my classes. I just really like my claymores and all the attachments for my guns so I'm not sure.

I never Prestige'd in COD4 either. My son Prestige'd in MW2 and showed me his new Custom Class. This was after I had just commented that just one more custom class slot would really be nice. So, I took the plunge. I am already back up to lvl25. You level quickly IMO. Until you get cold-blooded, expect to consider yourself a blaring target for anyone with a UAV, Heartbeat Sensor, Helicopters, Harriers, & or a Predator Missle.

Apparently, you get more custom class slots with other Prestige levels, but once is enough for me.

Neo, I finally started Lego Batman. Played the first stage last night. My only complaint on the Lego games is you can't really save them in the lobbies(Mos Eisley/Batcave). Other than that, they are a blast.

Neo, I finally started Lego Batman. Played the first stage last night. My only complaint on the Lego games is you can't really save them in the lobbies(Mos Eisley/Batcave). Other than that, they are a blast.

I beat the 'hero' mode on lego batman for the psp,and yea it is REALLY fun.Remember collect all the coins!B/c the level you get when you get all the coins in each level is fun.

Well, on the plus side it seems easier for me to keep my coins in the Batman than the Star Wars Lego. Seemed everytime I'd get close I'd get blasted by a battle droid or stormtrooper :lol:

Aw, sweet LEGO game paradise :D. I agree that the save feature isn't the best. Anytime I need to run and want to save I go into the computer screen (Like you are buying a character or something) and then when you pull out it will automatically save. Just FYI :).

I have to say that I've spent most of my current time back on my DS. Stupid PokeMon. Don't know what it is about that dang game but I'm sinking hours and hours back into SoulSilver.......and loving every minute! I have to say that the PokeWalker was much needed and even though it's seperate from the main game really brings the joy back (or at least in my case!). I'm really looking forward to Black/White next year.

I would also like to point out that I'm really disappointed with Splinter Cell. Not because it's bad, but the content is just too much. I've always been a Splinter Cell fan and while it's always been a M rated game for a reason, I just feel they are pushing it too much. In the demo alone there is curse works flying all over the place and more blood than needed, over the top in my opinion. It's sad that a game that has so much will alienate people just to try and hand with the hip crowd! I'm really praying for a content filter once the game is released........but I'm not holding my breath!

neo

Yeah, the demo is interesting on Splinter Cell. Since I'm a fan I plan on picking it up, but will most likely play it when everyone is asleep. I'll probable run through the previous one once more before I start playing it just to get back up to super spy status B)