UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

avengers box set

gledzee

hey folks just got the marvel previews catalogue and theres a full page ad for the avengers box set with a pic of hulk,wasp ironman and hank pym . but the text says "featuring the all-star founders of the avengers as they first appesred in avengers#1 this minimates box set includes gold iron man ,the mighty thor ,ant-man ,wasp and the incredible hulk!"

is this a mistake or are we getting another thor?!

hey folks just got the marvel previews catalogue and theres a full page ad for the avengers box set with a pic of hulk,wasp ironman and hank pym . but the text says "featuring the all-star founders of the avengers as they first appesred in avengers#1 this minimates box set includes gold iron man ,the mighty thor ,ant-man ,wasp and the incredible hulk!"

is this a mistake or are we getting another thor?!

I hope so, I missed the first one and can't find him in any comic shops. I need a Thor, I can do without Loki (it will be hard though.)

Thor wasn't in any of the pics released thus far that I have seen, so my first thought is to chalk it up to an overzealous writer, who assumed that if 4 of the original Avengers were released, that the 5th would be included as well. However, I would certainly be up for a Kirby-esque Mini-interpretation of Thor :)

The face on the one already released sucks, anyway (I personally replaced it with Sentry's face. . .like I also did with my wave 12 Captain America).

Edited by karamazov80

The face on the one already released sucks, anyway (I personally replaced it with Sentry's face. . .like I also did with my wave 12 Captain America).

Not a bad idea, I'll have to try that sometime... :) From what I've understood, there are just going to be the four mini's but there would be extra parts to do different looks for Wasp and change Ant Man to Giant Man.

• 2 months later...

Now that we know Thor isn't included in this box-set it's probably the right time to get hold of Series 16 which includes Thor & their first foe Loki . Thor seems somewhat elusive/expensive on ebay though Cornerstore apparently still have it http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/

Edited by buttheadsmate

Now that we know Thor isn't included in this box-set it's probably the right time to get hold of Series 16 which includes Thor & their first foe Loki . Thor seems somewhat elusive/expensive on ebay though Cornerstore apparently still have it http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/

Cornerstore is bad about failing to update their listings so that it says "out of stock" when they are out of stock for a given item. Unfortunately, this is the case here. If you try to check out, the shopping cart will tell you as much.

--edit: they do appear to have sealed cases; but you can't get the regular set or the variant set by themselves--

Edited by karamazov80

Forget all of the crappy offshoots of the Avengers, my Minimate collection will not be complete until I have an original Sam Wilson (Falcon). He was one of the first black heroes and was still the coolest of all times.

I would love a Falcon Minimate as well, and apart from the West Coast Avengers (whose members were pretty much all "regular" Avengers at some point, anyway), I agree with you. I don't need any "Young," "Ultimate," or "Kids of the" Avengers in my collection.

--as a related note, I just recently acquired the Falcon Secret Wars figure (sans Redwing), and he is really awesome. If you aren't familiar with this toy or this line (it is from my childhood, so it is OLD), check it out:

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/secretwars...ist/falcon.html

You can leave his wings like they are in this picture, or make them flare out behind him for when he is "in flight"

man, i loved that toy line, a few years back i bought practically every figure and set that came out from it for $300, it was awesome, i just never got the foreign release figures tho

Iceman, Electro, and Constrictor are certainly amongst my "grails". I'm always hoping to find some tucked away in an obscure lot in some badly titled eBay auction :) .

man, i loved that toy line, a few years back i bought practically every figure and set that came out from it for $300, it was awesome, i just never got the foreign release figures tho

Iceman, Electro, and Constrictor are certainly amongst my "grails". I'm always hoping to find some tucked away in an obscure lot in some badly titled eBay auction :) .

I too was a fan of the Secret Wars. Sadly, I never had the Falcon. I do have him in Marvel Legends, Marvel Gold, Mego, and Famous Covers. The Famous Covers version was awesome. Now just give me him in 'mate form!!!

Forget all of the crappy offshoots of the Avengers, my Minimate collection will not be complete until I have an original Sam Wilson (Falcon). He was one of the first black heroes and was still the coolest of all times.

I would love a Falcon Minimate as well, and apart from the West Coast Avengers (whose members were pretty much all "regular" Avengers at some point, anyway), I agree with you. I don't need any "Young," "Ultimate," or "Kids of the" Avengers in my collection.

What about Great Lakes?

Anyway, I do stillwant Ultate minimates, but I think they should be a different property, not taking up a Marvel wave. Have Ultimate Marvel wave 1 and go from there.

I say a hell yeah to the Ultimates line. I would love another Iron Man armor and Ultimate Captain America would look awesome. Heck I want all of the Ultimate Avengers.

I say a hell yeah to the Ultimates line. I would love another Iron Man armor and Ultimate Captain America would look awesome. Heck I want all of the Ultimate Avengers.

The ones I'm interested in are Ultimate Spidey villains. Ultimate Spidey has some of the coolest looking villains. Just look at Electro, R.H.I.N.O, Carnage, Vulture, and the Goblin family.

What about Great Lakes?

I would be the first in line for wacky box sets like Great Lakes Avengers and Justice League Antarctica, but I also realize that these things will never come to be, so I don't worry myself with such thoughts. I could easily see an "Ultimate Avengers" set, however, and despite "the powers'" suggestion that we probably won't see kid Avengers, it isn't beyond the realm of possibility, as we already have one.

Edited by karamazov80

You can count me in here as well - although I really like the Ultimate Thor desgin - I'd definitely buy a Falcon!

• 1 month later...

Got mine as well, Jatta. They are indeed very, very nice. The pictures of Hulk do not do him any justice. They actually got his "Classic" look looking...well, classic. Kirby would be proud.

There are only a couple little "flaws" I've found so far, but I suppose we can all discuss those when more people have the set.

Honestly, it's hard to overstate just how cool these are. Getting the tray out of the forbodingly large (but very classic-looking) box is a sight. So many accessories! And all of them worth having. It's like they finally predicted all the visual outcomes [within reason] a displayer/collector/play-wither would want out of these guys.

Ant-Man's helmet is incredible, by the way. And the way they implemented Wasp's wings..."innovative" seems an inadequate term, to me.

...that should whet your appetites until pictures are uploaded. ;)

I saw that the set was on the Diamond shipping list for this week, but my LCS didn't get them. I know for a fact that he ordered them for me. Did these only ship first to the west coast like MM used to, with the east coast getting them the following week? Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Edited by thatblockoguy