UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

the incredible hulk

link 46

Did you like it or are you waiting for a few more folks to watch it before giving a full review?

Did you like it or are you waiting for a few more folks to watch it before giving a full review?

I actually went to the first showing at 12:01am :Dand yes i liked it :hulk:

Edited by link 46

i saw it a t 12:01 also (my first midnight movie showing! :) )

AWESOME move. deffineately worth seeing. i thought that there was no way that it was going to rank anywhere near ironman, but it turned out to be just as good, or even better! its filled with plenty of comic fan easter eggs like iron man.

tony stark!!! nick fury!!! AVENGERS!!! THE LEADER!!!!!!!!!!

. the movie is full of action but has great character interaction too. go see it, you wont be too disapointed.

I thought it was a hundred times better then the first one. probably my third favorite Marvel movie(iron man being the first and X-men 2 being second)

I hope this Movies is a SMASH(wink wink) hit. I would really like it if Marvel got enough money to buy back the rights for X-men.

There will be a hulk 2. Because

when abomination was first created he threw the guy into the wall and bruce's blood started coming and it hit him and his head started to change. I think he will be the leader

There will be a hulk 2. Because

when abomination was first created he threw the guy into the wall and bruce's blood started coming and it hit him and his head started to change. I think he will be the leader

There will be a Hulk movie because

this one makes money

***SPOILER**??

and before the credits

Stark and Gen Ross talk about the "problem" and Stark says he is putting together a "team"

Yep, in the paper or something? I saw a few hints to things. OK, my wife's non fan girl opinion (She hasn't read the comics, but does know some characters) she thought it was on par with Iron Man. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars and thought things moved along nicely. There was a little bit of everything for everyone, even nods to the tv series. I hope this is what we can expect with Marvel running their own movies from her on out. One has to wonder who the next hero will be on the big screen to build up their continuing arc ;)

One has to wonder who the next hero will be on the big screen to build up their continuing arc ;)

one thing comes to mind :cap:

Just got back from the Hulk and must say it surpased all my expectations. The Avengers movie is totally hinted at (like we all knew was coming) and a hint as to the next Hulk movie villain. A must see for all comic book fans. :hulk:

P.S:

Weren't those sonic cannons totally awesome looking (and sounding) when they were blasting the hell out of the Hulk? Booyah!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

one thing comes to mind :cap:

A Captain America movie is coming in 2011, but before that we are going to be treated to a Thor film and an Iron Man sequel in 2010. And all of that will culminate in a full out Avengers movie in July of 2011 (tentatively).

I caught the 12:01 showing this morning, as well. Unfortunately the theater I saw it at botched up the order of the reels, so two parts of the movie were out of order. But it was still relatively easy to follow the story.

All in all, I can't say that it was quite as good as Iron Man, but it was definitely close. Great characterization, good writing, good action, great acting... all in all, they made a good film, with plenty of hat nodding to the old tv show and tons of comic book references as well as subtle clues leading into a much bigger story for future films.

I have to second The_Donster's comment - Marvel Studios seems to have raised the bar for their films. Here's hoping they continue to put quality first :)

Whoah, misordered movie reels, eh? That happened to me once in the theater, when I went to see Twelve Monkeys. Talk about a movie that NEEDS to be seen with all the scenes in the proper order!

Oh, and just so I'm not off topic, HULK SMASH!

Saw it early today with the family and I really liked it (really drunk right now so I apologize for any typos). I never followed the comic that closely, but I really enjoyed the movie. A lot of connections to the old tv show. Everything from the music at a certain point, to the way he was turned into the Hulk (I think it is close to the show), to Lou Ferrigno's appearance. Great movie, and I take it that Mr. Blue is where people are getting the Leader comments from. I have no idea where the leader came about in the comics, but I'm assuming it has to to with the movie. The action was great and the Hulk looked pretty dang good for being all cgi. Still a bit shiny looking, but overall I really liked the look of him.

I abandoned my post at MMHQ to go see this Friday, and I enjoyed the movie.

WHAT MIGHT BE CONSIDERED SPOILERS TO FOLLOW:

I found it a little amusing that they basically retconned the first movie out of existence with the opening credits. I liked how SHIELD had a growing presence in the movie without actually appearing in any personnel capacity. Even my 7-year-old brother picked up on the Stark Industries logo popping up in those opening credits, along with Nick's name popping up in some classified documents. The allusion to the TV show with the theme song, cameo by Lou, and the name David B at the end were all well placed. The Cap allusion was also good, mentioning programs in WWII for making better soldiers with only one good attempt. The character development didn't feel rushed or anything, and you could understand the characters' actions as they made them. Stan Lee's appearance was also good. The comic book allusions were good. Hulk's hand clapping move, Hulk Smash!, and tossing Bruce from the helicopter, to name a few. The development of Samuel Sterns to his more famous persona and the possibility of an incarcerated Abomination make the sequel seem inevitable. I didn't catch the Doc Samson reference in the movie though. Was that Betty's bf before Bruce came back? Finally, Tony coming in at the end and mentioning a team he's putting together makes for interesting development in the future.

Fantastic, these Marvel films are top notch.

In my opinion, the scene in the bar with Tony and Ross was made for after the credits. It seems that with the bonus Avengers scenes leaking out super early, they have decided skip the whole wait after the credits for extra stuff.

I didn't catch the Doc Samson reference in the movie though. Was that Betty's bf before Bruce came back?

Yes he was. Yes he was.

OK, well it's pretty obvious that the next Hulk villain will be the Leader (unless they make Avengers before Hulk 2), but it looks to me like it may be a two villain movie.

Remember whare Bruce was when he got that locket back to give to Betty? Canada right? Well then, the next two villains in the Hulk movies are the Leader and [drumroll] WENDIGO!

Ah, but what banner will that movie be under when released, Fox or the Marvel banner? It is one of the up and coming movies and if that's the case, they could use him for the Hulk movie ;)

saw it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Went into it a tad apprehensive, and having enjoyed 'Hulk' maybe there was a little bias against this one. Thought it was incredible (i wrote that before even realising the pun... sorry), the fight sequences were so well done, im sure i even tried to dodge the helicopter propeller! So much happened, which was perfect as the film moved along so quickly.

all the main characters were well done and i found myself liking them all... especially super soldier Blonsky, running and jumping around without breaking sweat! The tie-ins were all there, Cap, Avengers, etc. I didn't think they'd make the whole Leader thing that obvious, but i suppose there are non-comic fans who aren't aware of the name Sterns.

as for Doc Samson... he was in the trailer, but the scene, amongst others weren't in the final movie for some reason... you know the bit were Bruce says something along the lines of 'there are aspects of my personality i can't control' and the reply is 'see a shrink'. i'm certain that guy has been creditted as Samson, and isn't the same guy as Betty's new fella.

... i didn't wait til after the credits, after the Iron Man thing i assumed i'd have heard about any end-of-credits shenanigans by now, plus we'd already had the Stark bit... i take it i was not wrong in this assumption?

overall... 8/10 from me,at least!