UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DCD Batman Question

groundhog7s

The Batman from wave 1 (packed with OMAC) sported a darker gray and blue, along with a different bat symbol on the chest, blue "shorts" and I'm told a slightly different mask. He also came with handcuffs. The wave 7 one (w/ Clayface) had lighter colors, different symbol, black shorts, and not a dang thing for accessories.

Wave 1 Batman

Wave 7 Batman

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the '70s style Batman? It's not a BAD minimate by any stretch of the imagination, but I think a Two Face minimate done in the style of the Cyborg Superman would have been ten times as awesome. Take off the acid scarred half of his face, stick him in Gaius Baltar's suit, and you've got a Harvey Dent! Two for the price of one. Plus then a new character would have been represented, and Clayface is also a member of Batman's rogues gallery so even the match-up makes sense.

Edited by omendreamer

I prefer the Series 1 Bats.

I've tried to like the 70's version but his face just looks a bit odd and the blue of the suit is a bit too pastel for my tastes.

Exactly. He's just not an "I am the night" Bats. That cape would be spotted in a second in the shadows.

"Blue Batman" (as my nephew calls him) is the Batman of my youth in the early-mid 1980s. The Batman of Super Friends, and the Super Powers toys. He is Batman to me, so I like him more.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the '70s style Batman? It's not a BAD minimate by any stretch of the imagination, but I think a Two Face minimate done in the style of the Cyborg Superman would have been ten times as awesome. Take off the acid scarred half of his face, stick him in Gaius Baltar's suit, and you've got a Harvey Dent! Two for the price of one. Plus then a new character would have been represented, and Clayface is also a member of Batman's rogues gallery so even the match-up makes sense.

I feel the same, but I like the classic Batman, he's fun.

"Blue Batman" (as my nephew calls him) is the Batman of my youth in the early-mid 1980s. The Batman of Super Friends, and the Super Powers toys. He is Batman to me, so I like him more.

Couldn't have said it any better (except that I don't have a nephew). Although, ironically, I kinda hate the Batman figure in a similar style that was part of DC Universe Classics Wave 1.