UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chazwinski's Minimate designs!

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is arguably Storm's most recognizable costume. I never really cared for it although I am a huge fan of Jim Lee who designed it. As I promised Fo Shizzle, I did not add pupils even though I prefer her with them. :lol:

post-2001-1214693611_thumb.jpg

WOW!! Bad ass dude, seriously...

I love Michael Chabon. I loved reading "The Amazing Adventires of Kavalier and Clay". It won the 2000 Pulitzer Prize and deservedly so. It's the fictional story of two young men in WWII era New York who get in on the ground floor of the comic book industry and create "The Escapist" who rivals Superman (in the book) in popularity. Even if you don't read comics, Chabon makes you really care about the characters. They became like friends to me and I actually hated to see the book end. Check it out!

post-2001-1215048224_thumb.jpg

I was extremely saddened to hear about Michael Turner's death at the age of 37 from cancer. I always thought he was a phenomenal artist and never heard anything but great things about him as a person. Such a sad week for comic book fans...I thought I'd make a design of Aspen Matthews from Fathom since it's been on my mind the past few days.

post-2001-1215057375_thumb.jpg

I was extremely saddened to hear about Michael Turner's death at the age of 37 from cancer. I always thought he was a phenomenal artist and never heard anything but great things about him as a person. Such a sad week for comic book fans...I thought I'd make a design of Aspen Matthews from Fathom since it's been on my mind the past few days.

that is a cool design! turner was (and will ALWAYS be) my favorite artist. i am currently working on a kiani, mind if i steal that design to go with her?

Edited by the punisher=D

that is a cool design! turner was (and will ALWAYS be) my favorite artist. i am currently working on a kiani, mind if i steal that design to go with her?

Steal away... I like Kiani as well.

One of my favorite movies is Trainspotting. This was my attempt to create a likeness of Ewan McGregor who played Renton in the film. This was the shirt he wore at the first nightclub. Has anyone noticed that bald characters and characters with really short hair look stranger as minimates? I guess it has to do with the lack of ears and I had to hold back on drawing them.

post-2001-1215557749_thumb.jpg

Tyler Durden looks great! I think it is cool how you are doing movie minimates, like the Boogie Nights ones.

The 80's & 90's Storm, plus 90's Jean are well done too! Why is Jean so mad? Though for some reason it seems to work for the character.

Tyler Durden looks great! I think it is cool how you are doing movie minimates, like the Boogie Nights ones.

The 80's & 90's Storm, plus 90's Jean are well done too! Why is Jean so mad? Though for some reason it seems to work for the character.

Jean was usually so nice to her teamates, people forget that she could be ferocious in battle, and that was one of the things Wolverine was attracted to. She told Sabretooth once, "Creed, you're a firecracker, but I'm an atom bomb!" ;)

Jean doesn't look too angry, just determined, and it suits the character just fine.

Hey chaz... you should try some Metal Gear designs. For some reason I can't get old snake out of my mind. (been talking like him for hours and my throats hoarse. ;))

Some other movies that would work well as mates, (In my opinion) are the transporter, "the one" (With jet lee kicking tail as usual) and maybe the old DUNE movie too. :biggrin:

Godfather would be neat. (Bomberman too)

Keep those designs coming! :lol:

Edited by Havoc 05