UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What is the next possible box set??

A Colbert Minimate would be awesome especially if they released a scale version of his set. Come to think of it, a Daily Show/Colbert Report box set would be hilarious. John Stewart, a roving reporter or two (so many to choose from), Stephen Colbert, and a bear with nunchucks!

I love everyone's set ideas but I doubt any box sets will ever be made without a heavy hitter in the mix. I also strongly doubt we will see any villian only sets. And I don't see a henchmen set ever seeing the light of day. God I hope I'm wrong, though. I say these things because I always seem to jinx things when I say I want them. So I'm trying reverse-jinxing!

But we now need a STEPHEN COLBERT minimate in our next Marvel wave or box set. Yes, Stephen Colbert is in Marvel comics! I'll risk a jinx for Colbert.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.35...t_for_President

I know this is old hat but surely we can't continue to have all these bleedin good guys & no sh%tting bad guys. We all know we need some really bad-ass bad guys. Red Skull would fit in with just about everything recently done & imminent.......Invaders.... doh! Currently the world is safe because we have a veritable cornucopia of heroes up against a Latvian ,an Octoped & the friggin Osbournes ....ooh scarey! :sad:

My Vote goes to the one that will never happen. ALPHA FLIGHT-

Guardian

Aurora

Shaman

Puck

I can't see us getting a Sasquatch unless they used some form of the new Hulk minimates to bulk up the character. The Penguin from the DC sets could be used for Puck. Maybe we could get Northstar for those who are more politically correct.

One More Day box set:

Spider-Man

Modern Peter Parker

Modern Mary Jane Watson

Aunt May

Mephisto

Captian America box set:

Captian America (Bucky Barnes)

Winter Soldier

Falcon

Red Skull

Agent 13

Hulk Box set:

Red Hulk

Doc Samson

General Thunderbolt Ross

Modern Bruce Banner

Hulk Buster Iron Man

Thunderbolts boxset:

Green Goblin (Removeable mask)

Radioactive Man

Venom (Mac Gargen)

Swordsman

Penance

Edited by DoctorGoblipus

Once again, I'm showing my age :P

However as long as I'm just wishing, I'd like an 80's X-Men box set w/ First appearance Rogue, Colossus in the red/white uniform, Punk Storm, and Shadowcat in the blue outfit.

Or a Jim Lee era X-Men box set which could finally give us Gambit.

Once again, I'm showing my age :P

However as long as I'm just wishing, I'd like an 80's X-Men box set w/ First appearance Rogue, Colossus in the red/white uniform, Punk Storm, and Shadowcat in the blue outfit.

Yes! After first appearance X-Men, this should be done. Though instead of punk Storm, howzabout a decent, comic-accurate Sabretooth? I think the box set Storm rocks something fierce, and needs no competition. That Colossus leaves something to be desired in the interpretation of what a "metallic" Minimate could look like, though.

On a related note, wouldn't it be awesome if DST could produce "vac-plated" or chrome Minimates? It would be awesome if they could do a completely "chrome"-looking Silver Surfer and a "chrome"-skinned Colossus.

any box sets will likely be character-themed, group-themed or past event-themed or, given the timing of the Iron Man and Invaders sets, themed around an upcoming Marvel event.

maybe a team or two more for this year [the Classic Avengers set already fits that bill], and perhaps a Wolverine set to hype up next year's movie. i wouldn't mind an onslaught of Wolvie variations since we haven't gotten any of those in a while [as opposed to the three Spideys this year alone] -- a would-be "Wolverine Through The Ages" with Wolvies from different key storylines -- Origin James Howlett, Weapon X, AoA Wolverine, then HoM Red Guard Wolverine or maybe a Skrull Wolverine in his First Appearance costume [just a few whiskers on a remolded Hawkeye mask and he's good :D].

a Captain America-centric set wouldn't be unreasonable since they may be building up to his return [are they? i haven't kept track]. that'd be a great way to get a Winter Soldier, new-costume Captain America, Cap-tribute Punisher, and, er, perhaps a Red Skull.

Edited by lastmaximal

a Captain America-centric set wouldn't be unreasonable since they may be building up to his return [are they? i haven't kept track]. that'd be a great way to get a Winter Soldier, new-costume Captain America, Cap-tribute Punisher, and, er, perhaps a Red Skull.

That would be a wicked box set.

I was playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance last night and I went agianst the Wrecking Crew. Man what a weak group to make a box set out of. I don't want to offend anybody who personaly likes this set its just seems weak. Wrecker, piledriver come on now.

Norse Gods would be cool. Stif, Enchantress, Executioner, and Thunderstirke or Beta Ray Bill

I was playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance last night and I went agianst the Wrecking Crew. Man what a weak group to make a box set out of. I don't want to offend anybody who personaly likes this set its just seems weak. Wrecker, piledriver come on now.

Norse Gods would be cool. Stif, Enchantress, Executioner, and Thunderstirke or Beta Ray Bill

I think the Wrecking crew are great, B-level enemies that I fondly remember fighting the 80s Avengers when I was a kid. Most importantly for the purpose of Minimates, though, they are very colorful and have cool, distinctive styles. I personally think of many of the Thor God characters as fairly bland-looking and LOTR-esque in comparison. Plus, as BHM says, Marvel Minimates need bad guys (!), and the 4 of them fit perfectly into Marvel's "4 per box set" policy.

Edited by karamazov80

I think the Wrecking crew are great, B-level enemies that I fondly remember fighting the 80s Avengers when I was a kid. Most importantly for the purpose of Minimates, though, they are very colorful and have cool, distinctive styles. I personally think of many of the Thor God characters as fairly bland-looking and LOTR-esque in comparison. Plus, as BHM says, Marvel Minimates need bad guys (!), and the 4 of them fit perfectly into Marvel's "4 per box set" policy.

I agree, I would much rather see the Wrecking Crew boxset as opposed to a Norse Gods one. While the Wrecking Crew may be a little lame, karamazov nailed why they'd be a good set. On top of that, the Wrecking Crew has fought a wide variety of teams. So while we wouldn't be getting any character specific bad guys, we'd get ones who have tangled with classic Avengers, Omega Flight, and Runaways (plus I'm sure many more heroes/teams).

On that note, I'd love to see a Runaways or Young Avengers boxset (or wave).

YA

Patriot

Hawkeye

Stature

Hulking

Then maybe a 2pk of Wiccan and Speed to round out the team. They seem to be a relatively popular team, and I've also heard that both teams will play a big part in Secret Invasion.

Hmmm...

How about...

Gambit

Deadpool

Mr. Sinister

Red Skull

Okay, they don't really go together, but these are the last 4 minimates I want most to finish my collection. Can we make-up a storyline for these four to satisfy my minimate cravings? :)

On that note, I'd love to see a Runaways or Young Avengers boxset (or wave).

YA

Patriot

Hawkeye

Stature

Hulking

Then maybe a 2pk of Wiccan and Speed to round out the team. They seem to be a relatively popular team, and I've also heard that both teams will play a big part in Secret Invasion.

I'm not personally familiar with "Runaways" (or anything that Marvel has done in the last 5-10 years or so, actually), but I did read about this non-topic related point earlier this morning:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36843

I love both Young Avengers and Runaways and am totally psyched for this movie. I can't wait for it.

Well, I never would have guessed the last couple of boxsets. So obviously I'm not goofd at this, but I'm thinking Ultimates makes sense.

Ultimate Captain America

Ultimate Iron Man

Ultimate Thor

Ultimate Nick Fury

All are icons in both 616 and ultimate universe, but havent had their ultimate versions made. All have movies coming out in the next couple of years. People are asking for them. I think its likely.

Another cool idea would be Black Panther Fantastic Four

Black Panther

Storm

Human Torch

Thing

Human Torch and Thing are the mainstream popular F4 members and could use a touch up. Storm is also very popular and hasn't been released in awhile. Black Panther is really wanted right now, especially since he already has a zombie version released. (Maybe the set could come with some tiny golden frog accessories from the latest issues of Black Panther).

Well, I never would have guessed the last couple of boxsets. So obviously I'm not goofd at this, but I'm thinking Ultimates makes sense.

Ultimate Captain America

Ultimate Iron Man

Ultimate Thor

Ultimate Nick Fury

This sounds very plausible to me. This set isn't at the top of my list (or even in the middle), but I know that a lot of people would love to get these (I would certainly buy one). I never thought I would say this, but after the Invaders set, I think that I can do without new Captain Americas for a while. If I recall correctly, Chuck seemed to suggest that Ultimate-Mates might be forthcoming. If this is the case, then it seems to me that "Ultimate" Iron Man and the Nick Fury, at least, would be shoo-ins (Cap probably would be, too).

Edited by karamazov80

I'm not personally familiar with "Runaways" (or anything that Marvel has done in the last 5-10 years or so, actually), but I did read about this non-topic related point earlier this morning:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36843

Well, that's potentially awesome. Runaways is probably the best thing Marvel has done in the last 5-10 years (well, up until Vaughan left the series - hope they get him to write the movie), so you should check it out...

Don't know if they'd work as minimates though, since they're so civilian. And I don't know if they'd look right in the same scale as "adult" minimates, especially Molly who's like 12. But the Young Avengers, even though I'm not that into the series, have some pretty cool costumes that would work great.

But the Young Avengers, even though I'm not that into the series, have some pretty cool costumes that would work great.

We already got one of them, don't we?

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=508

That's true, and also the other version they released looks exactly like Vision did when they found him as a ghost-hologram or whatever at the beginning of YA. The fact that DST made him in those 2 versions is probably the strongest indicator that they'll make YA mates at some point -- though they might wait until Marvel finally gets around to starting the series back up again.

Edited by battlecat

That doesn't really mean that we will ever get the rest of YA because AA might just decide that there is not enough interest in them and there are better story lines to make before this one.

My personal favorite Muraders

Gambit

sabertooth

Callipso

Harpoon

This is a great set

gets Gambit and a new and improved Sabertooth made silincing the high demand for these two

then gives the lesser characters of Callipso big characther in the events leading up to House of M and the even lesser known character of Harpoon.

How about a Silver Surfer Requiem box set.

Damaged Silver Surfer (closer to how he looks at the end of this miniseries)

Shalla-Bal

Spider-man

Mary Jane

The second issue plays heavy on Spidey/MJ. We get a little bit of a couple thing going on and a repaint for the Silver Surfer.

Honestly, I doubt we will ever see this set but it has everything I want, Silver Surfer and MJ. What Chuck wants, another Spidey. And finally, the srange off the wall character that the box sets seem to sport, Shalla-Bal (the reason the surfer became the surfer).

One could almost go with two box sets:

Slver Surfer

-with just the black crack on his wrist

Reed Richards

Sue Richards

Doctor Strange

-with his "glowing hand" at the end of the second issue

And hells bells, at least we can get some more use out of our Galactus statue with this set :blush: