UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man Movie

Jatta Pake

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait until Friday so that I can review this movie. It looks frackin' sweet ;)

Wrong theme, I know but...

Edited by Onyx_6

After X3, Spiderman 3, Ghost Rider, and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, this film has a pretty high bar set for it. Given that, I just don't see how it won't disappoint.

(I'm kidding)

Man, that was a good movie. Stands shoulder-to-shoulder with Spider Man and X-Men, and blows the second-rate stuff like Fantastic Four out of the water.

The CG armor was cool (especially the scene when Tony's getting suited up), but , as with the other great Marvel movies, the acting was what set this apart. Robert Downey Jr. really nailed this part with a perfect mix of seriousness and snarkiness. He's a man on a mission, but unlike Ben Affleck in Daredevil, for instance, he has a lot of fun with it. The interplay between him and Gwyneth felt genuine and not forced. I also really enjoyed Jeff Bridges' take on Stane; the character always seemed a little one-dimensional in the comics, but Jeff brought an interesting depth to him, almost the same way Gene Hackman played Lex Luthor.

Story-wise, the development of Stark's character in the first half of the movie was almost more interesting than the fight scenes. Once he gets the armor on, it's all eye candy. The final battle seemed a little contrived, especially if you never read the Stane storyline in the books, but it wasn't ridiculous.

Overall, a very enjoyable two hours. I will definitely be seeing it again.

Edited by Lobsterman

Its good to know.. that it was good :biggrin:

I was worried considering the quality of other marvel movies recently <_<

Ooohh.... :blink:

I'm seeing it tommorow... I cant wait.

And the fact that there is a secret after the credits will guarantee I'll get no sleep tonight. :woot:

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my wife and I's first date and we plan to celebrate it with a dinner and a movie :D On a side note, I can't say it enough. Watch the directors cut of Daredevil. It is much better than the theater version ;)

Considering I love just about every superhero movie that you guys laugh at (F4, Daredevil, SM3, X3... and even Elektra!), I'm sure I'll dig Iron Man. My only reservation was how well RDJr would pull off Tony Stark. Sounds like there's no worries there.

I've really grown to despise the movie theatre experience though. Rude people, ridiculous concession prices and inept projector operators (they didn't expand the screen after the previews at SM3) have tempted me to wait for the Iron Man DVD...

I've really grown to despise the movie theatre experience though. Rude people, ridiculous concession prices and inept projector operators (they didn't expand the screen after the previews at SM3) have tempted me to wait for the Iron Man DVD...

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me at Transformers--except, not only did they not expand the screen, the volume had to be cranked way louder than necessary in order to compensate for the fact that it was only coming out of the left side. That's right: I saw Transformers in Mono. It was pretty bad. :angry:

Anyway, Havoc 05 and I are going to go see the Iron Man tommorow. I got the novel for my birthday, but still haven't gotten through it yet...I know how it opens, though. :biggrin:

Edited by Alpheon

when i took my gf to see juno, the movie was supposed to start at 11:25, it was 11:50 and it didn't start yet. at that point, most ppl left to ask what was wrong at one time or another. it wasn't til 12AM that they realized the reel came off the projector, and the movie wasn't playing. needless to say i was extremely annoyed

Wait there was a secret after the credits? What was it, i left when the cool credits turned into standard ones.

Anyway this was a much better movie than the trailers had led me to expect. It's not quite one of the great superhero movies, but it is way way way better than The Fantastic 4's and Spider-Man 3.

Wait there was a secret after the credits? What was it, i left when the cool credits turned into standard ones.

Personally, I was spoiled by the post-credit twist shocker as a kid, to the point where everything now just seems derivative and forced in comparison. Of course, I am referring to this:

I'll never forgive those producers for not giving us that sequel. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Personally, I was spoiled by the post-credit twist shocker as a kid, to the point where everything now just seems derivative and forced in comparison. Of course, I am referring to this:

I'll never forgive those producers for not giving us that sequel. . .

One of my favorite movie posters Karamazov80. My original movie release poster was destroyed in a move and it took me forever watching eBay to finally pick it up. Now if I could get the Mike Grell Longbow Hunter poster he did in the 80's for the Green Arrow mini, I'd be a happy camper. Another one that alludes me for some reason is a European litho from The Rocketeer that was illustrated, not the art deco piece everyone is selling. Back on topics, we learned during the ending of Constantine to stay till the end of the credits. Of course we left X3 early and missed out on that surprise ending until the dvd came out :blink:

Going to go see it today... so exited... could barely sleep. I haven't been this exited for a movie in a while :blink:

looks so cool, must retain my intelligence.... :woot:

:banana: BANANAS ROCK !

... sigh... guess not. :lol: