UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CustomCon Women of the DC Universe Challenge

Joe Acevedo just posted the CustomCon 15 submission guidelines on his website here. He is also having a special challenge for customizers to create any female character from the DC Universe:

The Challenge? Show off your talent by Customizing any female character from the DC Universe.
There are plenty of Heroines and Villainess to choose from. Please keep the character selection to the DC Universe, so do not submit figures from any MILESTONE, WILDSTORM, or VERTIGO series.
You can include the DC Universe ELSEWORLDS characters or even make up your own original female character based on a DC Universe character.
For example, you can even create your own Female version of a male character like Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Nightwing, etc...

The Women of the DC Universe Challenge is an exhibition, not a competition. More than one entry can be submitted. Please only submit figures that are New creations, never before seen on the internet or in print. The final results will be collected and submitted as an entry to CustomCon 15.

The guidelines for this special exhibition can be found here. I am going to make a minimate entry for this exhibition, and I am asking other customizers here to join me. I would love to see a bunch of minimate customs submitted and displayed alongside the 6" customs. It will provide more awareness of the minimate customizing community we have here. So get those paint brushes moving! :D

Luke, who're you gonna do? Got any solid idea which lady or ladies you'll be customizing? I'll join your crusade for Custom Con 15. I was thinking of doing Elseworld's Finest Supergirl and Batgirl.

Ohhh... This might be the perfect time to start on my Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld that I've been wanting to do.

I'll see if I can get her done and I'll help represent.

This would be the perfect time to do a couple of customs I've been thinking about - Lady Blackhawk and the Emerald Empress. Count me in.

Other Suggestions (if you still need them Antacost):

Cheetah

Star Sapphire

Circe

Talia

Old-Style Catwoman

Starfire

Raven

Troia

Terra

Katana

Halo

Crimson Fox

Dr. Light

Vixen

Supergirl

I'm taking on the quest of bringing back the Gemworld...

I definately want to do that Amethyst...

I'll have to find the box my comics are in and see if there's another figure I can do from that book...

• 1 month later...

A little over a week left to go, and I just finished my entries tonight (along with my other CustomCon entries). Usually I am a terrible procrastinator, and everything gets sent in at midnight on the last day. But this time I was more motivated for some reason. Now comes the LONG wait until October when these will be displayed!

• 1 month later...

Great work guys! You represent us well!!

Only thing about the LEGOs though is when exactly did LEGO do Superman and Justice League, or have I been out of that loop too long?

LEGO hasn't done Superman/JLA. They've done Batman and that's it. In theory, since all paths thru the DCU intersect with Batman, LEGO could expand to other characters based on the license they have, but right now, it's just Batman.

Interesting story about the some of the mock ups the LEGO designers used. AA's Batman cowl was used as a basis for some initial mock ups. ;) Obviously it didn't fit the LEGO minifig head exactly, but it was close enough for the initial proposal.