UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine: the movie!

karamazov80

Wanted to share these pics of Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth, and didn't see a thread for this film, so:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35842

I think Schreiber is a terrific actor (I still wish they would do John Clark spinoff movies [Debt of Honor; Rainbow Six] from his awesome, yet understated performance in the Sum of All Fears). However, I don't quite envision him as my ideal Sabretooth. I initially didn't care much for this movie (didn't we already essentially get 3 Wolverine movies?), but with this casting, I'm curious to see how it all turns out.

Nice to finally see a pic of Liev as Sabretooth. I think Tyler Mane looks a lot better, but Liev is the better actor of the two. I just don't think Liev looks big and menacing enough to be playing him. Now I want to see how Deadpool looks. I hope that they give him a costume/mask that is somewhat close to the comics. I don't want a totally redesigned costume for him. He also better be wearing a mask.

Having seen the pictures I was struck with the look of sabertooth being very close to that of Wolvie itself. my guess is that they are going for what the comics have been hinting on and off for years is that the two may be related distantly and that would explain the look in the movie. As for the original movie look of long hair bigger etc. That can be explained by just saying that its a further mutation over the years of sabertooth accepting the beastside of his nature something wolverine has always fought.

Anyway that my thoughts

not read origin's only origin. and Sabertooth is not mentioned by that name but there is a guy that looks alot like sabertooth and is speculated to be him but never confirmed called dog logan.

There are 2 wiki index thingys at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Logan and http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/dogorign.htm

the guy still looks more like comic sabertooth then the pictures shown for the movie thou.

I wasnt to sure at first....Creed is one of my favorite characters so when I heard he was in this flick I had mixed feelings. I wasnt all that happy with how he was handled in the first X-Men movie either but I also go into the comic based movies not expecting to see the book on the screen so it helps.....but now that I have had some time I am kinda digging the look here....ol Vic has had many many different looks over the years from super feral looking to more slick - after all for awhile he actually wore a business suit more often then not....so I am down with this look so far

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

So I read at superherohype and have seen at imdb that Ryan Reynolds has been cast as Deadpool in this movie and they have also cast someone to be Gambit in this movie. Anyone else seen this and want to voice an opinion. I would be one happy person if we get both of these characters together in one movie. Not to mention that I think Ryan Reynolds would be the perfect person to play that character. What are your opinions?