UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic BSG Boxsets next week

PS Boomer's gun is on the right. It's just that he's got one huge-ass set of keys clipped to the left side of his gunbelt but you can't see this detail on a figure as small as a minimate. There, feel better now? ;)

No. The only thing that might appease my anguish is if they sculpted the clips and buckle on the other side too so you could at least reverse them...or a surprise announcement that Mini-Flyers (Classic and Modern) are coming this Summer! Well, I'm waiting.......anyone?.......*cricket*.........(sigh).

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. ;) You mean something like this?

classic%20Boomer.jpg

It turns out they sculpted the belt in mirror fashion on a lateral axis. Meaning, if you turn it around, it acquires a right-handed hang.

Of course, this had to happen right away:

classic%20Starbuck%20&%20Apollo.jpg

And skynet, yes the guns are new sculpts.

Sweet, thanks for the clarification Cappy!! Those crafty-Chinese factory workers playing with my emotions again. This aleviates one of the major set-backs in my customizing plans, the rest are simple cosmetic-alterations. I still need to do a little color-matching and painting (when mine arrive), but I was going to have to do that anyway to alter the "pips" position for bridge characters (Tigh, Omega, Rigel, etc.). Now to get to work on some tiny checkerboard decals and the legendary Cain can join the fleet. I still expect those Mini-Flyers though! ;)

*Niiice 'lil back-drop BTW! B)

It's cool that we now know we can get animals out of the normal mate body...

Yes, truly a ground-breaking event in Minimate Evolution. One step closer to a "Lock-Jaw" 'mate (or at least a custom).

Although Muffit only works because he is a robot daggit. Any other animal is going to look pretty funky, even by block figure standards. Maybe Lockjaw, maybe.

And here's a picture of the Cylon Empire:

Cylon%20Empire%20boxed.jpg

post-29-1204930985.jpg

These have been my favorite non-Marvel mates ever. They are just soooooo cool. Ah, the memories.

Same here! I've been waiting for these guys since I first saw the protos. I didn't think they were going to happen there for a while.

Did any members from Ontario get the Classic box sets on the fifth? My LCS is getting the modern sets on the 12th but never got in my classic sets.

My shop here in Ottawa didn't get 'em last week and if they no show this week, the owner's going to contact Diamond Comics. He showed me his online order form with Diamond Comics and he has 6 or so ordered, but nothing is processed. Weird, I know.

These have been my favorite non-Marvel mates ever. They are just soooooo cool. Ah, the memories.

Same here! I've been waiting for these guys since I first saw the protos. I didn't think they were going to happen there for a while.

Ain't that the truth! I know my hopes were raised and dashed on at least two occassions prior to their release; I even had paranoid-anxieties that I'd get an email saying they were cancelled after I had placed my pre-orders! I'm thrilled that they turned-out to be worth the wait. Now if we can just get those Mini-Flyers (Modern and Classic) my inner-child will be doing back-flips! Buy'em-up people so we can send the message that these weren't a foolish venture.

Here's some "quick-customs" to whet your appetite or persuade you to buy more (3-4 sets can achieve these characters):

*David Palmer (24 s.1) head/hands + Adama body = Tigh

*Nina Myers (24 s.1) head + Storm/Jean Grey/etc. hair (painted brown) + Adama body = Athena

*Tony Stark (F.A. IronMan) head + Apollo body = Jolly

*Magdelena (Indy boxset) head (hair ?) + Apollo body = Sheba

*Kitty Pryde head + Chun Li hair + Starbuck body (minus the necklace) = Rigel

*Mickey (Rocky s.1) head + Boomer (or Apollo) body + a little paint = Cain

*the obvious part-swaps of Ceremonial Dress Starbuck + Apollo and Boomer can achieve all three in Dress and Warrior gear.

There's sooo many more that can be created from this set, but this list covers the core cast. Go frak'in nuts with it! Oh, and Cylons...well, just army-build the hell out of them (although a "gold robe" Lucifer, Specter, etc. customs would be cool too). B)

Any of the canadian members hear back from their comic book shops in regards to the absent classic BSG? My guy said that the classic BSG minis were not on his Diamond list for this coming Wednesday. He's gonna contact Diamond and inquire why the american shops got theirs and the canadian shop got over looked.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any other hardcore Battlestar Galactica fans out there that want to stick the modern Richard Hatch (Tom Zarek) head on the Classic Richard Hatch (Apollo) body to make the first action figure for Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming? That is, once we start to get them in our local comic shops :(

For those that are all :blink: what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?! Here is a link:

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/hatchvision.htm

If those that do have both and would like to show a picture of this custom, please feel free to.

Are there any other hardcore Battlestar Galactica fans out there that want to stick the modern Richard Hatch (Tom Zarek) head on the Classic Richard Hatch (Apollo) body to make the first action figure for Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming? That is, once we start to get them in our local comic shops :(

For those that are all :blink: what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?! Here is a link:

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/hatchvision.htm

If those that do have both and would like to show a picture of this custom, please feel free to.

Nah-hahaha. God-bless Richard Hatch. As much as I admire his spirit and commitment to Galactica, I just don't think this will ever happen. Or if it did, I don't think that people would be able to take it seriously after the New BSG. Don't get me wrong, I grew-up with Galactica and love the original and a continuation of that would be cool (it will always hold a special place in my heart and sci-fi history), but the new vesion is far superior (though it's apples and oranges, really). I have been going overboard filling-in my Classic BSG cast though. So far I've made:Tigh, Athena, Cassiopeia, Cain (though I'm waiting for the head), Jolly (though I'm not 100% crazy about the face: F.A. Stark's head...meh, a bit too Magnum P.I.!), Sheba [again, missing the head (could anyone spare a Magdalena head?!) and perfect hairpiece (?)], and I need one more set of Colonial Warriors to complete my Omega and Rigel customs. A "gold" Lucifer and Specter customs are also on my "to-do" list. I'll try to snap some photos when it all comes together, but lately I've been obsessing on LEGO part auctions I need to finish my scaled Landram (about 2/3 complete). B)

*Man, I love these 'mates (even more than modern BSG)! Please follow-through with the Viper and Raiders DST!!! :)

I am so glad that we are getting Muffit! I loved him as a kid.. robot dog.. what kid wouldn't want one! I wanted one as a kid when the original action figures came out.. The kid next door to us was a brat when I was growing up .. he would taunt me with his Muffit action figure.. I have one and you don't! So one day I went over to their yard.. and swiped his Muffit action figure from the lawn when they were out.. I was 4 at the time.. what can I tell you. Though I was made to give it back.. but now I can happily say I well have my very own Muffit of my own.. like.. 28 years later lol!

With Caprica getting a pilot episode.. and hopefully a series.. I wonder if we well see Daggits in that series.. since it takes place when Adama is younger.. not sure though if he is young as in kid young.. or young as in newbie pilot young. With this show.. we should get more.. vintage looking minimates.. assuming they make some based on this show... episode. I think it will be like how the new BSG was.. a 2 hour movie.. if it catchs on.. make it a series.

• 3 weeks later...

I got some great news. My Comic Shop finally got in, well half anyway, my order of Classic BSG. Now all I have to do is wait for my three sets of Heroes. At least I got the villians I suppose.

:rolleyes:

Edited by pickle