UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic BSG Boxsets next week

Got my email too. Damn it's raining 'mates! I can't wait for these. Now we just need some info. on those Viper and Raiders (thought we'd hear something at ToyFair).

Previews' list has them both shipping this week(Mar. 5th). Ugh my wallet hurts. :D

Yeah - ouch! I just took a nearly $60 hit for the BSG-4 & ST-3 sets...

Same here. I like the fact that everything is coming out now, but I wish they would advance notice like DC Direct when they move stuff up. I was going to use the $$ for other things, oh well. :blink:

Previews' list has them both shipping this week(Mar. 5th). Ugh my wallet hurts. :D

Yeah - ouch! I just took a nearly $60 hit for the BSG-4 & ST-3 sets...

Same here. I like the fact that everything is coming out now, but I wish they would advance notice like DC Direct when they move stuff up. I was going to use the $$ for other things, oh well. :blink:

Fortunately I just ordered the hero set, but it was nice to have it spread out a bit more. On the upsdie, I wonder if this is a warning that we'll see lots of mates this year

what no pictures?

here is the hero set. at $20 a pop something from this flood of mates had to get left at the LCS

File0115.jpg

File0116.jpg

bless you max

these look great thanks for the pics

Great find, thanks Max! As thrilled as I am that we finally got these, I just wouldn't be a fan without a bitchy-critique:

*It seems that the two belts (left and right; as the proto.s shown) exceeded the budget and got axed. If only one were possible, I'd have gone with the "righty" (more characters were right-handed) as "Ultimate Wolverine's" belt could have been utilized by "nit-pickers" like myself for the left. Though it is cool that they acknowledged that Apollo (and Athena...for customizers) is a "south-paw".

*I was really hoping that the piping-details (collar and wrists) would get the checkerboarded (gold/black, silver/black) treatment. I realize that they are really tiny, but important details like this would have really enhanced the over-all appearance of these.

*The "Colonial Warrior" boots could have been a bit taller as well as had the shin-pad and side-buckles details added.

*And lastly, I was really hoping that Starbuck's sleeves would at least match the color of the "warrior's" chestpieces for part-swapping customs.

Regardless, I can't wait to receive mine, though it looks like I have quite a bit more work than I had anticipated before I have the perfect 'mates that I had envisioned. Please bretheren (despite my negative comments), buy these-up so that maybe we'll see those Viper and Raider (Classic and Modern) Mini-Flyers!! The future of cool stuff like this depends on our support. ;)

Great find, thanks Max! As thrilled as I am that we finally got these, I just wouldn't be a fan without a bitchy-critique:

*It seems that the two belts (left and right; as the proto.s shown) exceeded the budget and got axed. If only one were possible, I'd have gone with the "righty" (more characters were right-handed) as "Ultimate Wolverine's" belt could have been utilized by "nit-pickers" like myself for the left. Though it is cool that they acknowledged that Apollo (and Athena...for customizers) is a "south-paw".

*I was really hoping that the piping-details (collar and wrists) would get the checkerboarded (gold/black, silver/black) treatment. I realize that they are really tiny, but important details like this would have really enhanced the over-all appearance of these.

*The "Colonial Warrior" boots could have been a bit taller as well as had the shin-pad and side-buckles details added.

*And lastly, I was really hoping that Starbuck's sleeves would at least match the color of the "warrior's" chestpieces for part-swapping customs.

Regardless, I can't wait to receive mine, though it looks like I have quite a bit more work than I had anticipated before I have the perfect 'mates that I had envisioned. Please bretheren (despite my negative comments), buy these-up so that maybe we'll see those Viper and Raider (Classic and Modern) Mini-Flyers!! The future of cool stuff like this depends on our support. ;)

I'm doing my part. I've got two of each on order from Stuckakid and will probably get at least another Colonial pack if not both locally. I love these guys! Man do I wish there were ships for them to pilot though.

PS Boomer's gun is on the right. It's just that he's got one huge-ass set of keys clipped to the left side of his gunbelt but you can't see this detail on a figure as small as a minimate. There, feel better now? ;)

PS Boomer's gun is on the right. It's just that he's got one huge-ass set of keys clipped to the left side of his gunbelt but you can't see this detail on a figure as small as a minimate. There, feel better now? ;)

No. The only thing that might appease my anguish is if they sculpted the clips and buckle on the other side too so you could at least reverse them...or a surprise announcement that Mini-Flyers (Classic and Modern) are coming this Summer! Well, I'm waiting.......anyone?.......*cricket*.........(sigh).

No. The only thing that might appease my anguish is if they sculpted the clips and buckle on the other side too so you could at least reverse them...or a surprise announcement that Mini-Flyers (Classic and Modern) are coming this Summer! Well, I'm waiting.......anyone?.......*cricket*.........(sigh).

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. ;) You mean something like this?

classic%20Boomer.jpg

It turns out they sculpted the belt in mirror fashion on a lateral axis. Meaning, if you turn it around, it acquires a right-handed hang.

Of course, this had to happen right away:

classic%20Starbuck%20&%20Apollo.jpg

And skynet, yes the guns are new sculpts.

Anybody gonna post pics of the Cylon Empire boxed set?

meeh, I passed on that set. I really don't like it when mates have that full dress piece and you can't move the legs. just look at Saruman, man was he ever a sucky mate and then they put him in a two pack with Wormtongue (who has the same dress) then there was this pack again 2 mates that have that same dress peice. while the cyclons were cool it could not tip the scales back into its favor

Grabbed these sets at my LCS the other day (gotta love store credit :D ) Even though I'm more of a fan of the newer BSG series, these mates are pretty neat. It's cool that we now know we can get animals out of the normal mate body...