UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

San Diego 2008

boyd

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never too early to start planning for San Diego, especially when the convention hotel rooms were released to the public this morning.

Who's thinking about making the trip this year?

::Raises hand:: I'm lucky though, I just have a three hour drive down. Hopefully I can convince one of my female friends to split room costs, otherwise I'm SOL as far as staying for the whole thing.

I Currently live a 20 minute walk from the Conv center, so unless I'm forced to move I'll be there.

(In my princess Leia gold bikini)

T.

well that cancels my flight plans ;) j/k Tim! hope you guys can plan a big meet up...and if we win the lotto before then I'll be there

Jeff of the Miniacs

Watch out for downtown, as they will be the most expensive, and high end. Best bet would be Hotel Circle, as it has about 20-30 hotels in one small area, all close to the trolley, which dumps you right at the con. Anything north of say Pacific Beach or La Jolla would be too far. Also consider the SDSU college area, I know a good hojo that's pretty close to the transit center. If you need more help toss me a pm

I concur with 616commando. The last two years I stayed at the Town & Country out in Hotel Circle. It worked great for me because the trolley stop is short walk across the rear parking lot. Of all the hotels that SDCC has in its reserved block, rooms here seem to be the last to sell out. I don't know why, are people afraid of the trolley? The rooms are clean, they maybe a little expensive for what you get, but they're cheaper than almost everything downtown.

Chuck wants your hugs!

Have fun gang. We're going to Disney World with the kids so no SDCC for me this year. :(

You should do the west coast Disney and time it in say oh... late July.... then get lost on the way to the themepark ;)

Chuck wants your hugs!

I have a story about Chuck and hugs.... will tell over beer at SDCC ;)

I actually think that anything you save on rooms by not being downtown is eaten up by transport etc.

Being downtown is also much easier for dumping your stuff after the con and getting to the pub!

BTW there's always a semi official pub meet at some point where we try to get as many members together as possible... details will be forthcoming probably in early July!

T.

• 1 month later...
The circus I perform with (I'm the DJ) is based about a 20 minute walk from the convention center. I've been considering going to this this year. I may make it, I may not.

Cool, can we come see the circus? :lol:

Now that I finally live in a city that's hosting an event I want to go to, I'm going to it. The event, that is, not the city. I'm already in the city.

The circus I perform with (I'm the DJ) is based about a 20 minute walk from the convention center. I've been considering going to this this year. I may make it, I may not.

If we have something around that time. I might talk to the guys down south and see if they can't set something up in the parking lot or something.

We do a lot of crazy shit. There's a show happening on the 5th. Unfortunately I'll be flying from DC to SFO that day and won't be able to make it.

If we have something around that time. I might talk to the guys down south and see if they can't set something up in the parking lot or something.

We do a lot of crazy shit. There's a show happening on the 5th. Unfortunately I'll be flying from DC to SFO that day and won't be able to make it.

You'll have to let us locals to S.D. know more about it, I'm sure we'd love to come gawp at you guys sometime! :)

T.

• 2 months later...

Damn, this year's SDCC is coming up too fast...

I was just talking to Shane about getting my tickets and he pointed out the 4 day pass is already sold out... :( :( :( Which means I might have to pull some favors to get into Preview night.

IF you are coming and don't have tickets, buy quickly guys I suspect this year is going to be another sellout!

T.