UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will we ever see more JLU MMs?

TM2 Dinobot

So I was looking through Bruce Timm's gallery last night. BIG mistake. I now desperately want a Batman TAS style Poison Ivy, and a JLU style Huntress and Black Canary. I know we've got Teen Titan minimates coming out, but they're the OLD style Titans, and it just doesn't do it for me. I could take New Titans (Wonder Girl, yes please) or Teen Titans Go (the simplistic design works better with Minimates IMHO) but the gritty style of these comic inspired mates is really starting to grind on me. At this point I'd even take Batgirl and/or Catwoman/Ivy from The Batman.

Either way, forget the comic mates. Frank Miller doesn't cut it in 2". Bring on the Animated!

The upcoming Clayface is directly inspired by the Animated Series design (as was the Clayface in the recent DC S3 line of figures). I'm not sure if that's how he currently looks in the comic or not, but that look certainly originated in the Animated Series. Further, the Harlequin character released in wave 1 was initially created by Timm, et al. for the Animated Series, though she eventually became a character involved in Batman's regular, comic-continuity. Given that, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Timm-style Poison Ivy or 2-Face at some point, or at least something partly inspired by those looks.

Personally, though, I much prefer the traditional Titans to those from the children's cartoon, and I hope we can get all of the original team-mates at some point (Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, and Aqualad) without the faux-anime treatment.

The upcoming Clayface is directly inspired by the Animated Series design (as was the Clayface in the recent DC S3 line of figures). I'm not sure if that's how he currently looks in the comic or not, but that look certainly originated in the Animated Series. Further, the Harlequin character released in wave 1 was initially created by Timm, et al. for the Animated Series, though she eventually became a character involved in Batman's regular, comic-continuity. Given that, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Timm-style Poison Ivy or 2-Face at some point, or at least something partly inspired by those looks.

Personally, though, I much prefer the traditional Titans to those from the children's cartoon, and I hope we can get all of the original team-mates at some point (Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, and Aqualad) without the faux-anime treatment.

Vote from me for original Titans as well

I would like if maybe they threw in an animation inspired pair here or there, but I don't think they would convert to only doing animated styles. Heck, they could even do boxsets or exclusives(since we really haven't seen these anyway) with Minimates from the DC toons. Like someone said before they've done Harley and Clayface which are inspired by the animated series. And if you remember back to SDCC(I think it was last year?) The minimate they gave away was a Justice League animated series Green Lantern, so I would say there are some possibilities as far as animated versions go.

I actually prefer the anime inspired Titans myself, and would definitely love if they did some minimates of them. Huntress and Question were my favorite Characters in JLU, so some 'mates would be greatly appreciated :D Plus I want a male Question...

Man i would love to see more in the vein of the JLU series or the C3 series. They looked better than the ones that are coming out right now. Don't get me wrong, they look nice, but they're not simplistic anymore. I miss that about minimates. They're not supposed to be detailed up the butt.

There making Teen Titan minimates? :blink:

In addition to the 2 Robins and one Nightwing that have already been released, another Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven are being released in the near future. . .any Titans hopes beyond that are, at this time, just idle speculation, but at the least, we will hopefully get the logical Kid Flash and Changeling 2-pack in the next announced DCD wave (or maybe Kid Flash/Wondergirl. . .).