UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Silence of the Lambs announced at DST

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More importantly, they just announced the other 2 Man with No Name movies!

The upcoming “The Silence of the Lambs” Minimates box set will join other MGM Movie Minimates such as “The Good, The Bad & The Ugly,” “For a Few Dollars More,” “Fistful of Dollars,” and “Platoon” and more iconic films – all due out in 2008!

Chuck talked about this a bit at Multiverse Meet-up at SDCC 2007. Apparently, they won't be able to make that infamous mask they strapped to Lector's face when they transported him because of some issues with the company that originally made it. Strange...but true. Unless they got the issues worked out.

I can see me buying a few of these. One for the set

and 3 more for the prison jumpsuits.

now the buffalo bill just freaks me the hell out.... but on a side note, you can take a "marvel party girl" minimate and recreate the "tucked weiner dance" scene from the movie....

Oh come on, you know you were thinking about it too! don't judge me monkey

now the buffalo bill just freaks me the hell out.... but on a side note, you can take a "marvel party girl" minimate and recreate the "tucked weiner dance" scene from the movie....

Oh come on, you know you were thinking about it too! don't judge me monkey

That's sick!

But I was thinking that too.

Buffalo Bill is freaky! "Wasn't she a big fat person?"

And a Good, Bad and the Ugly set. Now I can have my Angel Eyes figure shooting up Doc and Marty.

Fantastic news , i was hoping we'd get these as soon as i saw all the posters months ago.

Looks like Buffalo Bill will feature the ever popular sculpted head. Also looks like the NVGs are a separate piece rather than built into a hairpiece or head sculpt.

And it looks like those hoping to do a custom Namor without the black duds will get some flesh colored feet that aren't part of a variant figure.

Pity we get two Hannibals and no cops to cart him around.

see these clearly are'nt toys aimed at children......

"here you go little boy you you to can re-live the adventures of your favorite cross dressing seriel killer and a mad but brillant man that eats people" :ermm:

anyway my point is these won't availble for most in the UK because DST won't pay for safety test to prove its ok for children to play with these !!!!!!!!! :wacko:

More importantly, they just announced the other 2 Man with No Name movies!

The upcoming “The Silence of the Lambs” Minimates box set will join other MGM Movie Minimates such as “The Good, The Bad & The Ugly,” “For a Few Dollars More,” “Fistful of Dollars,” and “Platoon” and more iconic films – all due out in 2008!

My thought exactly! I wonder which will come next, G,B&U or FoD? While I don't so much care for SotL 'mates, I will get a few for the great accessories (for my "Arkham Asylum")...Joker will look awesome in that straight-jacket and county-oranges. Buffalo Bill may be a good base for a Mr. Zsasz. Great news all-around; I hope all these moviemates do well as I'd love to see more.

Does anyone else think Clarice looks like Scully from X-Files?

I don't like they felt the need to make two Hannibals in the set. (they can pretend all that want but "Dr.Lector" and "Hannibal the Cannibal" are not two different 'people', they aren't even "two sides to the same whole", Dr. Lector is always brillant AND crazy. If they had say "Lector in his suit from 'Hannibal'" and "Lector in the iconic gurney gear from SotL" as the two Lectors I could see the reasoning, but as it they're one angry guy in an orange suit and that same guy in a blue suit having calmed down)

I do however like this set has so many wonderful accessories for Dr. Lector (or is it "Hannibal the Cannibal" who comes with the jacket, gurney, and mask?) and that it exist... if this is a $12 set like the "For A Few More Dollars" set it's a must own for me! If it's more... well I'll still buy it but really wish they had just made a cheaper "Hannibal with cool stuff/Clarice" 2-pack instead.

I remember when this came out, my mom wouldn't let me see it because she was freaked out when she saw it. In the many years between then and now, I've just never picked it up.

Even though it's a movie that I haven't seen, I think I'll be buying these. More likely than not, I'll be renting this before I get them.

Interesting to see what DST is doing with the line.