UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Do you carry a minimate on you?

Do you usually carry a mate around?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Can you be found with a minimate in your pocket?

• Almost always! (but I could stop if I wanted to...)
    • When I remember to
    • Only if I'm showing it to someone
    • Never! You think I'm wierd or something?
  2. 2. Have you ever explained the differences between Legos and Minimates to an ordinary person?

• Yes
    • No

Today it is the new green goblin, yesterday it was Dare devil. I have about 6 extra mates that I pall around with (not at the same time). 3 of which are spiderman, after losing my wave 2 spiderman i re-placed him with the box set one. Then just recently I found wave 2 again! it was like getting a new one for free!

Whenever I get a new set, I take them with me wherever I go for about a week. That generally gets me well acquainted enough with them and I just love swapping random parts to see what happens when I have some idle time.

Recently, I've gotten into the habit of carrying a LEGO figure with me when I have Minimates just in case. If there's any confusion, I can just show them the difference right then and there.

I carry a Series 2 Spider-Man in the front pocket of my backpack, pulling him out at work as a "keep the hands busy while thinking/talking" aid, his pant is a little chipped on some of te pointed edges on his torso block.

I love these things, but I don't, have never even considered, and never will carry them around in my pocket when I go out into the world. In fact, I would never have thought that anyone would actually do such a strange thing. . .

Regarding the second question, my only explanation of distinguishing a Minimate from other toys came up in a GI Joe forum a while back, where I ardently defended Minimates being referred to off-handedly as a "stupid kiddie toy," lumped together with the Superhero Squad figures. . .I guess because the Joe figures are so sophisticated and mature in their nature.

I used to way back when I started collecting them. In fact that's how I wrangled my girlfriend. I told her about minimates and had to use the LEGO comparison. I gave her a four pack of minimates and some of my extras. I even refrenced myself to Mr. Fantastic and gave her the minimate. She stil has them all displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

The Wizard world White Blank rides in my little mini-pocket...On occasion, he does cartwheels along random surfaces.

And I explained to my mother the difference between Legos and Minimates...She got a little bummed when she found out Lego vehicles don't really work with mates. Legos were her favorite thing to build with me as a kid, and she still likes em'. I think she was plotting to purchase some Lego stuff to lure me into spending some time with her.

not necessarily relevant, but I felt liek sharing.

I keep my Wonder Woman minimate in my pocket when I'm venturing out to do something stressful-like a test or interview. Her awesomeness is reassuring.

I love these things, but I don't, have never even considered, and never will carry them around in my pocket when I go out into the world. In fact, I would never have thought that anyone would actually do such a strange thing. . .

to all you mini-phobes out there, it's time to come out of the closet!

• 2 weeks later...

i have to admit i carry one on me most of the time, just so i have something to vaguely amuse me when im bored.

its often a spidey, which one depends on my mood, so if its Movie Blacksuit spidey i guess it means im a lil' moody , but willing to break into elaborate dance sequences. :biggrin:

Yeah I usually take Iron man to work with me just so when im bored I can have blasting Stacks of paper or Something. Before I left to work the other day my mom asked if I had my "Doll" with me and I was like wtf? so I went in to a long lecture(Podium and all) about how they are not Dolls OR Lego's.