UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The where are they? Thread(TV & Movie)

Rad

Those look nice(Why'd thy put Mr. Baxtar i it?), but I have to say I'm a bigger fan of the For A Few Dollars More set. I'm gong to order it off of Entertainment Earth, since the price isn't bad. :D

I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan(I've seen all his films from the Dollars trilogy, and a few of his other westerns), and For A Few Dollars More is by far my favorite western he's done, so I can't wait to get it. I just wish they'd make Dirty Harry mates. D:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Sept. 4th has come and gone, and no Platoon minimates. Are the release dates on AA's website west coast or east coast?

AFX & Corner Store Comics (both West-Coasters) didn't have them - so I'm betting they didn't make it West either.

My bet is the Release dates are wrong.... again.

Check again this week.

Well, yesterday AA/DST posted an updated ship list at the AA website:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/09/ship-date-update/

Oddly enoough, neither DSS or Platoon showed up on this week's ship list.

Any bets on next week??? The week after???

DST's site has them both listed for tomorrow(Sept. 10). Have to wait and see. In the Minimates section under the respective licences. This happened once before, I think it was Rocky or 24 4-pack. One of them showed up without being on the list. I guess the date change came to late.

Edited by bilbofett

Well hells bells and buckets of blood, where are any new BSG mates. Maybe I was wrong and it really is the end of the line for BSG mates.

my guess is that with the show ending so will the line of mates. example: 24

if AA get its rear in gear they MAYBE able to pull out a line in time for the last show of the last season that starts in January.

Well hells bells and buckets of blood, where are any new BSG mates. Maybe I was wrong and it really is the end of the line for BSG mates.

my guess is that with the show ending so will the line of mates. example: 24

if AA get its rear in gear they MAYBE able to pull out a line in time for the last show of the last season that starts in January.

maybe if bsg has ended they can replace it more trek, i would'nt say no to 6 waves of trek a year!!!!

I know I have been accused of being too negative lately, but with slipped dates, disappearing waves for non marvel license, you have to wonder of the non comic mates are on the way out? I mean did you check out the poll at mmhq?

Not too encouraging for the anticipation of the movie mates...and that is from the core fans...not being negative just sayin :ohmy:

I know I have been accused of being too negative lately, but with slipped dates, disappearing waves for non marvel license, you have to wonder of the non comic mates are on the way out? I mean did you check out the poll at mmhq?

Not too encouraging for the anticipation of the movie mates...and that is from the core fans...not being negative just sayin :ohmy:

Think positive guys, I suspect DST will be milking that license a little more before it runs out.

We just got the Razor mates 2-3 months ago so it's not like they haven't made anything new for years!!

Or perhaps it's just that they are taking a break as the show isn't on air at the moment...

...remember the great drought of 2005-6 when we thought minimates were dead and we'd see no more, how many mini's have we had since then? ;)

T.

I imagine its all in timing. They pulled the upcoming 24 release due to the show not being on the air at the time. They likely don't want to release another BSG series until the show is back. That being said, they'd have to reveal the line-up in the near future if they intend to strike while the iron is hot though.

As for the MMHQ poll, I have to admit that the numbers are a bit skewed. We have no way of polling which properties you want and which ones you do not, so the numbers are only showing everyone's top choice. A lot more people may want Iron Man right now, but that doesn't mean they don't also want Platoon or (God help us) Desperately Seeking Susan.

Minimates have always been heavily skewed toward the comic book characters so it's really no surprise that Iron Man has done so well at the expense of the movie lines.

But since many of us buy more than 1 type of minimate, a popularity poll may not accurately reflect the market or who will buy what minimates. It's not as if every person who voted for Iron Man will only buy that set and leave ST, BSG, DSS, Platoon and others on the shelves. If anything, I think DST is working a more diverse product mix like 1/4 scale and retro nad others and they may not have the capacity to go on some of these licenses as agressively as they once did.

I imagine its all in timing. They pulled the upcoming 24 release due to the show not being on the air at the time. They likely don't want to release another BSG series until the show is back. That being said, they'd have to reveal the line-up in the near future if they intend to strike while the iron is hot though.

As for the MMHQ poll, I have to admit that the numbers are a bit skewed. We have no way of polling which properties you want and which ones you do not, so the numbers are only showing everyone's top choice. A lot more people may want Iron Man right now, but that doesn't mean they don't also want Platoon or (God help us) Desperately Seeking Susan.

Let's hope they can "strike when the Iron is Hot".... They haven't always done a good job of that (Iron Man, Hulk, Ghostrider, SM3)

Let's hope they can "strike when the Iron is Hot".... They haven't always done a good job of that (Iron Man, Hulk, Ghostrider, SM3)

Not to forget the famous Lord of the Rings line. Defiently missed the ball on that one. Sweet looking mates though, just a bit after the fact.

DST' site has the Platoon & DSS mates listed for 9/17/08. Soooooo.... next week then. <_<

Oh sure.... and if not, there's plenty more release dates left in the year

Well, it looks like Platoon and Desperatly Seeking Susan are both on DST ship list for this week!

I wonder if its a west coast first thing again?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anyone know if there is a list of all minimate releases or at least expected releases? I thought I had found one on this site before, but I can't seem to find it for some reason.

The AA website posts a shipping update on their blog every few weeks. Here is the most recent one:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/05/ship-date-update/