UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

For A Few Dollars More box set

Fujis

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any photos of this set besides the tiny one on the Diamond Toychest site? Because while I love the idea of Western minimates, I'm not going to pre-order a set until I see some actual pictures. The LOTR minimates promo poster showed several minimates that never got made, and had some different character designs from the final product, so I'm kinda wary now.

Cool to finally see some pic.s, even if it is small and more than likely prototypes. They look as good (so far) as I'd hoped, but Monco's hat is waaaaay to big. Hopefully this'll be fixed before release. I was wondering if they'd just have regular 'mate feet; I'm thoroughly impressed that they went the distance and made some special boots. Great accessories too (the saddlebag and pocket watches are a nice touch)! I can't wait for these; here's hoping DST pursues the whole trilogy.

I'm going to have to get 2 sets so that I can try out some classic western customs. I need Liberty Valence, Shane, and Harmonica Minis, for starters.

Yeah, I plan on getting several to customize too. Three characters just doesn't cut-it for me (one of the things I dislike about 4-packs). I really wish they had included another different character and simply had the vest, poncho, hat, and hairpiece as accessories for ONE Monco; two figures with only a slight variation(face, vest, and hairpiece) is totally unneccessarry. As much as I love Minimates, this (accessories and swappable parts) is where the defunct Palisades' "Palz" shined. It would be great if Minimates could adopt the same concept (though I understand their rea$on$).

defo picking up more then 1 set of these i need to customize me some deadwood minimates

Oh, that is a fabulous idea! Trixie and the rest of the whores are going to feel left out though.

Regarding Deadwood, I would be really curious to see someone trying to pull off Swearengen (the only essential Deadwood Mate to be made, in my opinion). He's got such a distinctive, detailed face, that I'm not sure how it would work in Minimates form. Maybe Biff from the BTTF line 2 + facial hair and a custom 'do? Still not enough lines. . .

As for Trixie and the other whores of the Gem, just get a bunch of Minis of Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch, change their color, hair, and faces up a bit, and there you go, whores!

defo picking up more then 1 set of these i need to customize me some deadwood minimates

Oh, that is a fabulous idea! Trixie and the rest of the whores are going to feel left out though.

i think we've got plenty of whores thanks to all the knickerless minimates that keep coming out, six, mary marvel, vina, the original gwen stacy........

Man these look awesome! I want them so bad! The guns look fantastic! Do you reckon the poncho and saddlebag are seperate?

So you get two of the man with no name? Thats a little dissapoiting, but wont stop me from buying them.

Bigger image of three of the figures is up now at Millionaire Playboy:

Which one is the Ugly?

This set is based off of For a Few More Dollars not The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Or "Fistful of Dollars" as they have the line listed as! Surely they're just playing with the trilogy titles, as I doubt that they're so daft as to report that without at least reading the provided info. Maybe it's wishful thinking? Sign me up for whatever petition gets us "Fistful" and "G, B, U" too!

Bigger image of three of the figures is up now at Millionaire Playboy:

Which one is the Ugly?

This set is based off of For a Few More Dollars not The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Or "Fistful of Dollars" as they have the line listed as! Surely they're just playing with the trilogy titles, as I doubt that they're so daft as to report that without at least reading the provided info. Maybe it's wishful thinking? Sign me up for whatever petition gets us "Fistful" and "G, B, U" too!

My bad. For some reason, I just look at the set and think The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Here's a correct link:

Which one is the Few More Dollars?

Having seen larger pictures of at least most of these guys now, I am really looking forward to acquiring them all. The characters seem to be faithfully represented, and the level of detail on the accessories is astounding. The new feet is also a stroke of genius, as it would have been really easy to just stick some brown C3 feet up there and call it a day. Likely, the only thing I would change is painting the inside of the pocket watch once I have it in hand. Now, I just want to see the fourth figure to see if we're getting the top hat that appears in the small picture or if they'll retool it before release. Reusing the other hat in the set wouldn't be a terrible sin, as it looks far more like a cowboy hat than what I've seen stuck on Clint's head.

Besides being twice as tall as it should be, I believe the biggest problem with Clint's hat is that it sits too high on the head ala (Jay Garrick) GA Flash. It should come down to just above the eyebrows and be about half of the height from the hat band to the top. While it does seem very similar to Penguin's top hat, it looks like the brim has been flattened-out a bit. Hopefully, they were just using it for the proto-photos and will be replacing it as anyone with sight can see that it looks awkward. What's strange is, Col. Mortimer's hat seems to be a new sculpt. If any re-use parts were utilized, I would have thought that his would simply be a rehash of DCD's Joker as it looks very similar in style and Monco would receive the new sculpt.