UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aquiring C3 Minimates

hyejinx1984

I was a pretty hardcore Marvel-Mate collector for a while, but now I'm starting to fall for the DC Mates as well. Specifically, I like all the cool minimates that came with the C3 sets, stuff that hasn't been released in the regular waves... such as Martion Manhunter, Jon Stuart, Man-Bat, etc... not to mention all those cool different versions of batman (love the "pilot batman). ANY-way... I really don't care about the playsets themselves, I graduated from Legos a while ago... is there anyway to pick up all of the Mini Mates that came with the playsets and flyers without having to buy the whole thing? Does AA have any plans for releasing these as some box set? I WANT I WANT I WANT!

P.S.

If anyone has a clear pic of the Man-Bat minimate could you post it for me pleeeeease?

C3 (The Batman/JLU) was licensed to Play Along and the line is now dead and not coming back. I seriously doubt it's coming back in any sort of way. Your best bet to get them is ebay/on-line or possibly the wants/have lists.

Man-Bat can be found at this link below.

http://www.minimatescentral.com/BatCycle.htm

I agree the gaping hole in my collection is Flash, Martian Manhunter, and tactical Batman. I even searched for these when they were in the stores and still couldn't get what I wanted! I had to get my Superman minflyer on ebay. These are going to go down, I think, as the hardest to find regular release minimates.

• 3 weeks later...
I got my riddler, nightwing, and man-bat, but I never saw justice lord superman. AND while I do have the flash and manhunter(my friend gave me his), I passed over extra javelins and manbats so many times. I should slap myself.

Speaking of slapping ones' self, does anybody have any suggestions onm how to get my mitts on a Catwoman? I passed SO many of these back in the day, waiting for it to go on sale (and for some reason, when it did, I STILL passed) but now that I am so very hardcore with the minimates, it dawned on me the other day that I still don't have one!

Are these lingering on any shelves anywhere still, or is ebay the best bet at this point?

Any online retailers still stocking this set (or single?)

Anyone got an extra?

I managed to grab loose Riddler, Nightwing, and the two Joker figures, but have nearly given up on finding a Martian Manhunter. At least we will be getting a Flash/Gorilla Grodd set in wave 7.

My advice is get all of them, because you will regret passing them up later.

Yeah, I'm going broke using this reasoning. I keep thinking: "But I'm going to get it eventually anyway, and it will cost more and be harder to find if I wait." When it comes to books and minimates, I have no perspective. (Or at least, none that doesn't result in me getting whatever I wanted to in the first place).

Martian Manhunter is practically a sure thing for a later DCD minis wave. I wouldn't be surprised if Man-Bat doesn't show up soon as well. If you can wait, it'll save you some money.

The C3 stuff was fun, but hit the shelves with problems and the whole line was not well promoted.

Martian Manhunter is practically a sure thing for a later DCD minis wave.

I hope so. I'm trying for a more or less complete JLA lineup (at least all of the original members), and I've got all of the founding members except for J'onn J'onzz.

That's the thing, even with appearances on JL/JLU Martian Manhunter doesn't have the main stream pull, yet the DCD MM seem to be all about catering to the fans more than the mainstream. Even skipping those B-listers who had C3 mates seems off given some of the obscure choices in the DCD line.

The Minimates Shop on ebay stores has a fairly good selection of loose C3 minimates if you just want the figures and not the sets. Some new ones just went up in the last few days but they are selling like hotcakes-I already snatched up the Cassie version of Batgirl from the C3 miniflyers series!