UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Zombie 5 pack

TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with TM2 about Wolvie- not so much the inclusion of him in the set but rather that this is one of the worst Mates to date. The mask in particular looks terrible. I popped it on the other Wolvies and it just looks silly. The paint aps on mine are sloppy, in contrast to the very good aps on the good Col and Spidey.

Overall, I wasn't really too interested in the set to begin with, but was pleasently surprised with Col and Spidey, fine with Hulk and Power Man, and really disapointed in Wolvie. I was just kind of "blah" about it in the end.

Perhaps with the addition of the two packs coming I won't feel the same, as the ranks of the undead grow.

under any other circumstances, I'd agree with the complaints about Hulk's chestpiece looking bulky and bloated, but in this case, I think it works. In the book, zombie hulk was kind of fat and lumpy looking rather than buff, on account of his eating too much and having his stomach explode...

I was just about to say that, almost word for word =)

I like the look of the new mates. (haven't seen them at any LCS's yet)

that spidey is breathtaking, my favorite of this line.

the wolverine, though bulky, still looks golden.

colonel america looks sexy too =]

the others are good too.

Any idea when these ship from AFX? I ordered this set, plus the Iron Man & black panther, and Giant-Man and Daredevil figures as well... I hope it doesn't take too long :( I was tempted to pick up the five pack in the store, even though I have one on the way...

MINE IS ON THE WAY, YOURS SHOULD BE TOO.....

GOT A CONFIRMED E-MAIL ON IT BEING SHIPPED OUT

Any idea when these ship from AFX? I ordered this set, plus the Iron Man & black panther, and Giant-Man and Daredevil figures as well... I hope it doesn't take too long :( I was tempted to pick up the five pack in the store, even though I have one on the way...

MINE IS ON THE WAY, YOURS SHOULD BE TOO.....

GOT A CONFIRMED E-MAIL ON IT BEING SHIPPED OUT

MINE THAT IS..WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Well by that token then shouldn't giant man have come with BlackPanthers Leg. :P

Giant Man shouldn't have come at all until he been given giant proportions. I just won't get over the fact he's 'Not Giant-size Giant Man'.Sad.

For the majority of the Zombie comic he wasn't "Giant-Sized," so I can live with the fact that we have a normal sized Zombie Giant Man. If they ever do a regular Giant Man release then, yeah, I'd probably agree with that sentiment.

Does that include our Daredevil, Giant-Man, Iron Man and Black Panther ones too?

NAH, THOSE COME LATER YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENCE. :P

:thumbsup:

I CANT WAIT TO GET MINE AFTER SEEING

ALL THESE COOL PICS THAT GO OVER EVERY

DETAIL.

THE MAIL NEEDS TO BE FASTER :sad:

I love these mates, I just got them in the mail, they are amazing. Here's how I would rate them:

Captain America: 9.5/10: I love him, he's my favorite. I love the brand new head they gave him

Spider Man 8.5/10: I really like spiderman, he's sort of simple, but I like that.

Hulk 8/10: I really like the hulk, i really don't see any big complaints about him

Power Man 7.7/10: I just don't care too much for power man, so partially this is a biased opinion, but he's cool

Wolverine 2/10: I hate him, I don't mind that he's in the set, but he is just done so poorly, I think he looks ridiculous.

I'm not sure how I feel about the molded heads. I worry that some of the interchangable nature of block figures is being lost. But in Col America's case, I can see the need. It took me a minute to realize what was going on -- those are his brains we're seeing, not just mouldy hair. Which means the top of his skull is cut off, which means his head must shorter, thus the unique molded head. Now I get it.

As for Cap's shield: the first versions of Capt America came with an extra hand, a normal red MiniMate hand. When Cap holds his shield, you have to replace the glove with the smaller substitute.

For those of you who have read the books: is Wasp alive? Er, well, as alive or undead as a zombie can be? Is she a functioning character? If so, the zombies set is really a 6-pack, now isn't it? :)

And I'll say one more thing: these zombie releases have me pining for normal versions of Black Panther and Wasp.