UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I'm on Facebook

Yes, I know its a total necro, but I finally joined this. My name on it is Alexander Luthor (NO that's not my real name) of Cumming Georgia. So add me!

It's been a while since an update on these anyway. I'm sure other members of MMMV have joined Facebook, so what are your names?

Weren't you one of the guys that refused to trade with anyone online because you were afraid of someone finding out who you were or something? And now, you are on an online social networking site :huh: ? I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, it just seems a little contradictory.

Also, I don't know anyone on Facebook with an alias. Is this a new trend?

Edited by karamazov80

Yes, I know its a total necro, but I finally joined this. My name on it is Alexander Luthor (NO that's not my real name) of Cumming Georgia. So add me!

It's been a while since an update on these anyway. I'm sure other members of MMMV have joined Facebook, so what are your names?

Weren't you one of the guys that refused to trade with anyone online because you were afraid of someone finding out who you were or something? And now, you are on an online social networking site :huh: ? I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, it just seems a little contradictory.

Also, I don't know anyone on Facebook with an alias. Is this a new trend?

No, its just me doing an alias, but I did see a Hiro Nakamura on there. Maybe its not just me.

And you're wrong. I thought I already explained this. I don't mind talking online. I don't mind people finding out who I am (that much. The alias is just for fun :D). I just don't like to conduct a monetary or material goods buisness transaction with anyone but an establshed and well-known company unless it is face to face. Besides, I'm just using it to talk to some of my friends from school. In fact, my name is Alex. I've lived in Cumming Georgia all of my life. I got into Minimates after seeing them at Toys R Us. I go to high school and I'm in my junior year.

There you go. I mostly do the secret identity thing as a fun little joke to keep a healthy level of insanity in my life.

That make sense to you?

Good. Now I'm going to go get a smoothie.

Edited by Trekker 42

I just don't like to conduct a monetary or material goods buisness transaction with anyone but an establshed and well-known company unless it is face to face.

Oh, well that makes complete sense. The whole feedback thing is a complete sham.

I just don't like to conduct a monetary or material goods buisness transaction with anyone but an establshed and well-known company unless it is face to face.

Oh, well that makes complete sense. The whole feedback thing is a complete sham.

Listen man, I just don't trust anyone I've never really met with buisness stuff unless its a company. Can you just respect that and move on to another topic and stop busting my chops for being the way I am? Please?

If you don't want to buy into it, then as you say, that is completely your business. . .though my point was that it doesn't make much sense on the surface, since the "established and well-known" and "trust" parts of your argument is precisely what feedback provides--information about the buying/selling/trading behavior of potential buyer/seller/traders so that you can make an informed decision. I guess you don't use eBay, either, or half.com, or the marketplace sellers on Amazon.com, etc. By all means, act as you will, but if you want to go discussing it in a public forum, I figure that you open yourself up to potential criticism. . .

Having said that, I will respect your desire to leave it alone.

If you don't want to buy into it, then as you say, that is completely your business. . .though my point was that it doesn't make much sense on the surface, since the "established and well-known" and "trust" parts of your argument is precisely what feedback provides--information about the buying/selling/trading behavior of potential buyer/seller/traders so that you can make an informed decision. I guess you don't use eBay, either, or half.com, or the marketplace sellers on Amazon.com, etc. By all means, act as you will, but if you want to go discussing it in a public forum, I figure that you open yourself up to potential criticism. . .

Having said that, I will respect your desire to leave it alone.

Thanks man. And you're right. I don't use them.

• 1 year later...

I've just very recently bit the Facebullet as well. So far I've run into a horrifying percentage of my old classmates online, not to mention a couple of people from my immediate family (that NEVER happened before! :blink:)

Anyway, feel free to add me as well. I am

Dominique Cordero of Parañaque, Philippines

. Depending on my mood, my profile pic will either be my Guy Fawkes mask or me in Lennon-esque glasses. I just joined the Minimate fan group too.