UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek and BSG2 Minimates Today

This is interesting and annoying. My LCS had the full set of Star Trek with varient waiting for me. That was good.

They did not get Battlestar Galactica, that was bad. Last time around, they said they couldn't get BSG, but would be able to get the second wave. I shot off an email asking if I should wait or look around.

Rocky is out as well? huh? Really?

Oh, and last time around, Suncoast got BSG the week the comic shops did.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just scored my set of Trek 'mates last night and I have to say I love em! Spock and Vina are the clear stand-outs of the wave by a mile, imho. The accesories are great as well. Bring on wave 2 I say!

Just got off the phone with the LCS owner, he said that he had planned on ordering them, but apparently never did. So he went ahead and ordered a case of Star Trek, and a Rocky Boxset yesterday. Does anyone know the usual turnaround on these things? Should they ship next week, the week after? Or is it more random than that?

Picked up my ST wave 1 set today from the LCS.

I agree with Mini-Myte whole heartedly- these are fantatstic and a must have for me now. The entire wave is spot on as far as likeness, and there are a whole bunch of little touches from the accessories to the facial expressions that make these so good. I'm quite happy I got my hands on a set. Now, if we could get some Next Gen and DS9 characters along with movie era TOS folks, we're all set.

I also got my BG wave 2 in the mail from AFX earlier this week. These are nice, but for some reason I am less excited about them than I am about the ST mates. I think it's just personal preference since the BG mates are very similar and all look fantastic.

Well, two more versions of mates to collect, it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I'm soooo impressed with both of these lines. The tricorders on the trekmates are a bit flimsy but that's a minor grumble. My favourite of the two sets has to be Colonel Tigh from BSG wave 2. Not only did they give him booze and a hipflask, they also gave him a hanky to mop up his booze sweats. Now that's attention to detail! :D

they also gave him a hanky to mop up his booze sweats. Now that's attention to detail! :D

That's a hanky? I thought they were those weird playing cards that they use.

I also thought it was supposed to be a hand of cards.

that card game would be called Triad. yeah, when i first saw the images on here i thought it was a hanky as well.

and the booze is Ambrosia

they also gave him a hanky to mop up his booze sweats. Now that's attention to detail! :D

that card game would be called Triad. yeah, when i first saw the images on here i thought it was a hanky as well.

Yeah... I'm thinking that they are playing cards... or 6-sided t.p.

Actually Triad is the sport they play. I think the card game is called pyramid.

In the new show, they're both called Pyramid. Triad is in the original series.

triad is the sport in the old one and is the card game in the new one

pyramid is the card game in the old one and the sport in the new one

here: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Triad_%28RDM%29

triad is the sport in the old one and is the card game in the new one

pyramid is the card game in the old one and the sport in the new one

here: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Triad_%28RDM%29

Geek is what people who know that much about BSG are called.... ;) :o :)

T.

T.

Says the guy posting in a BSG thread of a toy forum :P

Thanks for the link, Pickle. Battlestarwiki, or any wiki for that matter, tends to be much more reliable than drunken conversations...

T.

Thanks for the link, Pickle. Battlestarwiki, or any wiki for that matter, tends to be much more reliable than drunken conversations...

heeeey.... what's wrong with drunken conversations?

(falls off chair)

T.

(falls off chair)

Nothing at all. I'm quite a fan myself. It's just that my research shows that information retrieved via the internet is 37.5% more reliable than information retrieved via drunken conversations.

So now, after having a few Sam Adams, I would like to tell you all about the time I saved Ronald Reagan's life...

T.

(falls off chair)

Nothing at all. I'm quite a fan myself. It's just that my research shows that information retrieved via the internet is 37.5% more reliable than information retrieved via drunken conversations.

So now, after having a few Sam Adams, I would like to tell you all about the time I saved Ronald Reagan's life...

Any chance of a Ronald Reagan minimate?

Any chance of a Ronald Reagan minimate?

You know, I would kind of dig a line of presidential minimates. They could come with little display stands that had their name, presidential number, and years in office. So it would be like George Washington, 1st President, 1789-1797 or Ronald Reagan, 40th President, 1981-1989. Grover Cleveland would kind of mess it up though.