• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Odin.jpg

I felt left out so I figured I'd jump in on the 616 Odin bandwagon. I've had him sitting here on my desk, sort of finished for a while now. My goal is a Simonsonesque Odin. I need to either give him two pack BRB's boots or paint these box set ones. I cant seem to bring myself to do either. I'm not too happy with the gloves as well, which is pretty much why I havent posted him sooner... For better or worse here he is.

AF.jpg

Alpha Flight... Well some of them. Im still not done. These are my first customs using stickers. Im quite happy with them. So much easier than decals. I need to fill in a few more details on Northstar and Aurora but I was so happy with the stickers I posted a pic anyway.

Sassys hands/wrists came from the Star Trek monster the mugato. The white ape with the horn. His feet and chest too. Though the chest was heavily modified and sculpted. His head is actually from a 2.5. It's the skull Grodd came with. If I used the 3 inch head I wouldn't be able to get that no neck look Sassy has. He's a really tricky character to get right if (like myself) you're not a sculptor. Can't wait for DSTs take on him. Northstar and his crazy sister are far from done. I need to paint their wrist and boot cuffs, their shoulders and the starbursts on their hips.

Ah - Mugato! damn - what a great parts re-use!

Can't wait to see the finished products! i've been keen for Alpha Flight for a while now. Hopefully DST will see how cool yours are and get cracking on their own.

Be sure to post the updated figs :)

Those look great Rheul! I know it violates everything Minimates stand for, but on your Deathlok face sticker I think you should add his distinct nose/nostrils, and maybe give him a snarling expression.

There are very few Minimates that I think need a nose detail, but Deathlok is one of them.

Northstar and his crazy sister are far from done. I need to paint their wrist and boot cuffs, their shoulders and the starbursts on their hips.

You might want to use the full-body Minimate template Luke worked up and draw the boot/glove details. I've used it for a few tough details and I was happy with the results. You can find it here.