UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My prayers answered...

Cloneme

Despite my earlier grumbling on the outpouring of beloved characters, I'm happy with the new 2-pack. We know from experience that the protos usually aren't a good indicator of what the final product will look like. And I'm not saddened by the lack of pointy boots, as those don't really work well with the C3 foot. The new Green Goblin that would have hit Target was slated to have the same lack of boots. It would be nice to see a bag of tricks for Gobby, but I'm thinking the inclusion of the cape made it hard to include the bag. I know when I made my own Hobgoblin, it required a bit of retooling of the cape just to make it fit. So, Hobgoblin looks good, especially with the detail, and despite what some may think, he isn't a part reuse character, as the hood and cape are new sculpts rather than Spectre's hood and Robin's cape. The pumpkin bomb isn't new, but hey, it works, right? Maybe he'll get a second hand out of the deal.

As for Scarlet Spider, yeah, it woulda been nice to see a separate hoodie, a belt, or some web shooters, but to be honest, the added bulk of a separate shirt would have made him look bloated, and we probably get more detail work with the webshooters/belt drawn on.

And something to be happy about is that a new store is getting in on the minimate action. I realize they have carried some stuff in the past, but this is the first exclusive to not be available anywhere else, which shows FYE is dedicated to the cause, if only for the short term future.

And I wasn't trying to sound negative about the upcoming swarm of minimates from our begging list. It's just sensory overload, as we're getting so much in such a short amount of time. If they unveil a Psylocke/Gambit 2-pack next week, my head will explode.

This just in! Coming next week, a Toys R Us exclusive Psylocke/Gambit 2 pack! With TRU's notoriously bad exclusive record in the past, these puppies are going to be hard to find! DST also announced that this will be our only chance to get these characters ever!

*grabs popcorn, sits back and waits for Drgnrbrn's head to explode*

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this pair smell like a Wizard exclusive to anyone else?

Don't ever say anything like that ever again. :angry: Wizard exclusives are the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst. (Sir!) :P

Will this be an exclusive thing or part of a set that hasn't been revealed yet?

JL said

They are supposed to be available as an exclusive released around Dec/Jan at some Transworld stores (Suncoast/FYE) .

Aye Carumba!!

Psylocke & Gambit. sucks to be me it seems wrong side of the pond an all that.

Just a quick thought these figures popping up be it exclusives or waves seem to filling in the blanks on the original minimate poster. Angel, Hobby, Mysterio, Psylocke, Havok, Gambit.

That by my eyes only leaves Toad to pair up and thats the lot....Ohh No could that mean the finishing of the poster is like a omen for the last days of minimates. Thats it Toad is the horseman of the minimate apocalypse, all fear and beware the bouncing one!

and before anyone cracks under the strain I am trying to be humourous :lol::D

Aye Carumba!!

Just a quick thought these figures popping up be it exclusives or waves seem to filling in the blanks on the original minimate poster. Angel, Hobby, Mysterio, Psylocke, Havok, Gambit.

That by my eyes only leaves Toad to pair up and thats the lot....Ohh No could that mean the finishing of the poster is like a omen for the last days of minimates. Thats it Toad is the horseman of the minimate apocalypse, all fear and beware the bouncing one!

DUDE he was joking..... there's no Psylocke or Gambit news.. He just wanted DrgnRbrn's head to explode... personally I'm hoping he's standing close enough to be caught in the blast, two birds with one stone and all that ;):D

T.

This just in! Coming next week, a Toys R Us exclusive Psylocke/Gambit 2 pack! With TRU's notoriously bad exclusive record in the past, these puppies are going to be hard to find! DST also announced that this will be our only chance to get these characters ever!

*grabs popcorn, sits back and waits for Drgnrbrn's head to explode*

*wipes blood from nose* It's coming, don't worry.

Aye Carumba!!

I do believe he was joking about the Psylocke/Gambit set.

How can it be a Suncoast exclusive... Suncoast went out of business :unsure:

You're thinking Tower Records. Suncoast is still around. They closed stores in a big reorg, but they're still out there.

That head exploding gif is making me sick. So graphic, so mesmerizing... :sick:

Same here, and as I'm eating lunch...

Aye Carumba!!

Whoops, yeah. I was joking about that, sorry. I need to dial down my sarcasm to "less dry"

DUDE he was joking..... there's no Psylocke or Gambit news.. He just wanted DrgnRbrn's head to explode... personally I'm hoping he's standing close enough to be caught in the blast, two birds with one stone and all that ;):D

T.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :P

That Hobgoblin is just pure love. :biggrin: Finally, my favorite Spidey villian gets the minimate treatment. Scarlet Spider is okay, but he's just a Spidey varient to me (we already have Ben Reily).

These can not come out soon enough. So many minimates...

to be completely honest, Cloneme - I like your version much much more. This one seems a bit too... cartoony, I guess.

But the Hobgoblin is pretty sweet! :D

Couldn't agree with you more Donnyb, Cloneme's Scarlet Spider 2.0 is awesome. You just have to see this guy up close. There has been few customs out there that have been much better than the production versions, goes to show how good customizers here are.

Still it's great to finally have these from DST. It gives us fans more indication that DST has stepped up and have given us more characters we've wanted for a long time. They are not bad looking at all if you ask me. :D

I agree with both of you. I've seen better customs of Scarlet Spider, but then most customisers spend a hell of a lot of time crafting their one off figures.

DST/AA have to gear theirs to mass production and I'm guessing that with all the accessories and styling Hobgoblin needs SS is the cheap figure that rounds out the wave. I'd have loved to have seen Scarlet Spidey with a slipover chestpiece for the hoody, but I'm happy with what we're getting.

holy shit these look great! Hobgoblin and Scarlet Spider were some of my first customs so I'm saddened and totally pumped at the same time. Add a belts and some webshooters and he'll look great!!!!

If you look at the taskmaster's head, it is a head that was sprayed with black paint and the face looked kind of wierd because it was a sticker they colored up. It is more noticable in the SDCC pics. They photoshopped the official pic so you couldnt see all of the edge of the face sticker. so yeah, I hope his face turns out better b/c now it looks like he has a big black forehead. and I hope they use hobgoblins cape on him to b/c the dr doom cape is crap. crap.crap.crap.

They closed every suncoast in my state, and we HAD 1 FYE in my city, and its a big well known city. So hopefully DST will do what they did with the sdcc zombie 2 pack and the wwla spiderman preview set and offer it on their site. If not, AFX has a history of selling other peoples exclusives cheap. WHOOOOOOOOOO AFX!!!!!!

And just when I complete my Spider-Mate collection, BOOM.

Mysterio, Hobgoblin, and the Scarlet Spider.

I'm not too concerned about Hobgoblin not having a glider.

I just found two old Marvel Towers Goblin Gliders. One is being used for my Green Goblin, and the other one can be easily turned into the Hobgoblin glider (I can easily get ahold of more, if anyone wants a Hobgoblin glider :biggrin: .)

I'm actually ridding myself of Ben Reilly, now that I have his dominant costume.

Alright, maybe I'll just paint over it.

FINALLY! A SCARLET SPIDER MINIMATE...

Wait a minute... "Suncoast/FYE exclusive". WHY IS THERE "exclusive" AFTER THE MINIMATE I'VE WANTED MOST FOR YEARS!

*calms down a little*

As a UK citizen it won't be easy for me to get this. I do know of a shop that MAY be able to import it for me, but the key word there is "may". Frankly I'm hugely disappointed Scarlet couldn't have been included in a wave or box set. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they're FINALLY making a minimate out of the best Spider-Man costume, but I'm disappointed it's an exclusive because knowing sod's law, I won't be able to easily get my hands on it.

Well I am lucky enough to have a Suncoast in my mall. I unfortunately also have a couple of scalpers that live in my town. When/If these come here I should be able to get them. Since I have seen how many people are crazy for this 2pack I will try to scoop up extras, given we are talking about some time from now, especially with the constant delays from AA, anyway point I will pick up extras and figure some way of getting other people them to help out people out of country, or in the middle of nowhere or just without a connection to a suncoast/FYE...god i ramble

Hey Shane...

What's a Sunstore??? :blink:

Got a question for you... What's the chances for you grabbing a load of these to send them to the UK or other places that can't get them, like you're doing with the SDCC 2-packs? :thumbsup:

Also, what about doing the same with the Marvel Zombies 5 pack and the Black Panther & Iron Man 2 pack?

I know i can trust you to actually have them, unlike ebay.

Don't mind paying upfront and also a bit extra for your trouble!

But please feel free to tell me to piss off though, you don't get paid a commission from DST to help unload there stock and i don't think i'd enjoy the hassle of doing that for a bunch of people you don't even know. And what you did with the SDCC 2 packs was more than we could have asked for!!