UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

19 and 20... oh my....

TBT!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone saw this but I saw the pics of the Defenders box set AFX exclusive.

Dr. Strange

Namor (Black suit)

Hulk (looks to have big chest piece)

Valkyrie

awesome!

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it was already talked about.

This is happy news, more Minimate goodness!

I just need to find some cash for all these............sadly, I'm quite behind in my mate gathering :(

Sokay, me too! *hug*

I'm cool there - just got a huge ($12k/yr) raise. :D All the minimates will be mine!!

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Jul 26 2007, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like how they designed the wings for Angel/Archangel.

I would have expected them to make it a full out chest piece that covered his whole torso, like how they're doing Hawkman/Hawkgirl... but instead, it's only being held onto his back via the waist and the neck... it adds a little height to him, but personally, I like that approach much more than the full chest piece.

But what I'm really wondering is how they're going to do the packaging? The wings would require a bigger box than usual... unless maybe they packaged him by himself... But would they do that?

I wonder if they'll package the wings under the figure somehow. That way they wouldn't need to redesign the tray and they'd fit the box.

As far as sculpted chests, I'm ok with it as long as it works for the character. Hulk, Apoc, Thing - those would be ok. If they came out with a new Cap or Spidey with a scuplted chest, I think that'd be too much. (A She Hulk or Power Girl with a sculpted chest though....)

Even though these mates are amazing and I am so excited for them, I can't help thinking they will get the same treatment as waves 15-18 and eventually come out around 2025.

I happen to like the new molded chest-pieces and don't feel that it detracts from the style any more than "sculpted" jackets, belts, and various other accessories that we've come to know. Not saying that they need to go crazy with it and sculpt abs and veins(that IMO would be going too far), but in specific cases it helps to accentuate the characteristics and further define the character in ways that a simple paint-job cannot. Especially considering the continued (ridiculous) height restriction. I honestly wouldn't have been offended if they wanted to add sculpted "Hulk-hands and feet" as well (as long as they're kept simplistic and uniform in style) since they can't produce a 2.5" version. Sorry, but I personally thought the "flat chests-pieces" were ineffective and made the figures look fat. The best compromise would have been a "half-chest" that allowed the upper chest to be more pronounced than the ab-region.

EEEEK! Heart... attack... new minimates... attacking... heart :banana::jawdrop:

:buttrock:

Definetely... somebody's been reading this forum... I'm getting every single one ^_^

:thanks:

EDIT: LOVE that Polaris hairstyle!!!

It looks like if you take off the vest and replace it with Ocean Masters belt, Dick Grayson Robin's crotch and legs and... what feet would make the painted Robin ones?

Caprica Six has bare feet. Thats what I used for my Namor custom. Speaking of customs a little yellow paint and Polaris becomes a pretty good Enchantress.

jeez i cannot wait for all these minis though i think the wife will kill me if i get any more

Dude,

My girlfriend got the phrase tatooed, "Why don't you F your damn Minimates" on her backside. I wish it would have read something with words not appropriate for our younger fans...but something hot.

New mates are killer bruhs! Can't wait...

ww4m

Nothing more I can ask for at the moment. Most of my wishes are fullfilled!

Archangel/Angel with metal wings

Mysterio

Apocolypse

Ms Marvel.

Spidey :|

Ultron

Hulk (Shane says "smart hulk?")

Abomination.

Vison/Phasing vision

Polaris.

Havok

Now that's what I'm talking about. My Avengers will finally be complete. ;-) YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Angel and love Hawkeye. They did it right on with Vision and Abomination is kickass. Apocalypse looks good too. Now they are starting to get things movin.

I'm pretty happy overall, only a few of them are in costumes I don't really care for. Really surprised (and glad) that Havok will show up on his classic costume. :)

The Namor costume was a smart choice, because with just a few mini swaps, you can probably have the both of best worlds.

They're pointy, just not super pointy. I wonder how the wings on the feet work.. if they're actually part of the mold or little attachments stuck on. And yea, Hulk's face isn't great, but I am happy they've started giving larger characters the chest pieces. Looking much more forward to the 'Smart Hulk' :D

EDIT: Er, closer inspection of the NAMOR figure shows that the wings are an attachment piece on the feet. Now I know.

In the pictures of the new DC mates, there's Hawkman. So we can easily take his wings, swap them for Archangel' wings. And voila. Angel wings.

Swap out the blue face for maybe Capt. America's face, keep the blonde hair and, again, Angel.

My plan exactly. I was actually debating whether to buy an extra Hawkman set for just that reason. ;)